2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

1 hour ago, rico said:

Reds win 10-9 over the Padres.

Good win, but Weaver, Williamson, Strickland, and Farmer all got hit hard, and all have an E.R.A. north of 10.00.  Those are 4 guys you would expect the reds have in their plans for the pitching staff at some point in 2023.  The rules changes may be helping make the Reds staff even worse than expected.  

18 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I remember when Didi was in the Reds organization and came through Louisville.  I'm actually surprised he has lasted as long as he has in MLB.  

I remember when Didi was with the Yankees. Went to a Yankee spring training game a few years ago, class act guy. My grandson wanted his autograph and Didi said he had to go in the clubhouse. Came back out a few minutes later and asked my grandson if he had his baseball and signed it for him. One of our favorite former Yanks player......

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't mind the pitch clock I guess...Most of the really good pitchers I ever saw worked pretty quickly anyway...

And if you dilly-dallied outside the batters box against Gibson or Drysdale, they'd plant one in your ribs...

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I don't mind the pitch clock I guess...Most of the really good pitchers I ever saw worked pretty quickly anyway...

And if you dilly-dallied outside the batters box against Gibson or Drysdale, they'd plant one in your ribs...

I don't necessarily know that I have an opinion, or not.... but Monaco does A LOT of baseball.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't necessarily know that I have an opinion, or not.... but Monaco does A LOT of baseball.  

When I pitched, I always liked to work fast...Jacking around led to over thinking too much...Get the sign and throw the damn thing...

I think that's true for a lot in sports...Don't over think it...When I was watching Dainja shoot FTs yesterday and they said he was a 54% FT shooter (altough he was better than that yesterday) , I thought "No wonder...He jacks around with the ball too much. Just get it, measure it, and shoot it."

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

When I was watching Dainja shoot FTs yesterday and they said he was a 54% FT shooter (altough he was better than that yesterday) , I thought "No wonder...He jacks around with the ball too much. Just get it, measure it, and shoot it."

Socks, Shorts, 1-2-3-Swish! 

Would be a counter-argument.  

11 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

Well i dumped the Reds on the MLB team package.  I was paying to watch them while they had some nice years.  Last year I thought, well, I will see what the new guys look like. That lasted all of a month.  I just hope they don't start 1-19 or whatever it was.

I am waiting to see how they do in April.  Then I might be willing to pay.  Maybe.

41 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Socks, Shorts, 1-2-3-Swish! 

Would be a counter-argument.  

Socks and shorts came before he got the ball if IRC... The dribbles, sure... It's a routine... But if you watch Dainja, he gets the ball, fiddles with it, wraps it around his sizable body, fiddles some more, closes his eyes, takes a deep breath, then lines it up... 

12 minutes ago, rico said:

@5fouls

I was too busy last night but I followed the earlier game yesterday.  I am concerned about Overton.  I am concerned about TySteve playing 1st.  And I am concerned about Sims.

CES for MVP...of Spring Training.

Overton is going to be in Louisville to start the season.  Not sure how they could keep him on the big league club after his spring.

Sims is done.  Will be surprised if he's not cut, if not out of camp, at least before the end of May.

CES may yet adjust the Reds plans to play Stephenson at 1st so much.  

• Like 1

One of the Reds' questions was answered Thursday, when 23-year-old Hunter Greene was named the Reds’ youngest Opening Day starting pitcher since 1980.

There remain numerous questions hovering around the team. Nothing is concrete, but young players like Christian Encarnacion-Strand continue to make a case to make the Opening Day roster.

In the first inning of the Reds’ 6-5 victory over the D-backs on Friday night, Encarnacion-Strand smashed the first pitch he saw for a two-run home run to left field. The 23-year-old finished 3-for-3 and leads the Reds in home runs (four), RBIs (13), hits (15) and batting average (.625).

“He does a lot of things right and he's still a young hitter, so he's got a ways to go,” Reds manager David Bell said. “He’s just going to keep getting better, but he's just really mature and his approach is very balanced. He has power to all fields, so he doesn't have to rush out and can let the ball travel, which helps him make better decisions at the plate.”

Another young Reds player fighting for a starting spot is 24-year-old infielder Jose Barrero. He hasn’t had much success in the Majors across parts of the past three seasons. After posting a .152 batting average with the Reds last year in 48 games, Barrero focused on adjusting his swing. It seems to be working. He’s batting .273 this spring and had an RBI against the D-backs.

“We're focused on our team right now, but these guys are here showing what they can do,” Bell said. “They're trying to make the team. And if they don't, they're pretty close. It's exciting for now and for the future.”

https://www.mlb.com/news/christian-encarnacion-strand-hits-4th-spring-homer

Just can't believe contracts in baseball today. The Diamondbacks just gave one of their top prospect a 8/111 mil contract. He has played 32 games in the major league and he went .260 4hrs and 14rbi. I know teams try to tie up their young players but this is a little early if you ask me

3-12-23 Dodgers @ Reds 4:05 PM

Reds
1. Will Benson (L) CF
2. Joey Votto (L) 1B
3. Wil Myers (R) RF
4. TJ Friedl (L) LF
5. Curt Casali (R) C
6. Spencer Steer (R) 3B
7. Jose Barrero (R) SS
8. Luke Maile (R) DH
9. Alejo Lopez (S) 2B
P. Graham Ashcraft (R)