2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

OPS+ Comparison - Reds / Mariners

The Reds and Mariners are currently in trade discussions regarding Stephenson, Friedl, and Myers.  Mariners are offering two sore-armed minor league pitchers and a subscription to the Jelly of the Month club.  Reds trying to haggle it down to only one sore-armed pitcher plus the Jelly subscription.

Reds drop this one 3-6.

image.png.dbee974e52d40f730341d6f709031ab8.png

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

OPS+ Comparison - Reds / Mariners

The Reds and Mariners are currently in trade discussions regarding Stephenson, Friedl, and Myers.  Mariners are offering two sore-armed minor league pitchers and a subscription to the Jelly of the Month club.  Reds trying to haggle it down to only one sore-armed pitcher plus the Jelly subscription.

Reds drop this one 3-6.

image.png.dbee974e52d40f730341d6f709031ab8.png

That is a gift that keeps on giving year around.

• Haha 1

3-1-23 A's @ Reds 3:05 PM

Reds
1. Jonathan India (R) 2B
2. Curt Casali (R) C
3. Wil Myers (R) 1B
4. Kevin Newman (R) DH
5. Elly De La Cruz (S) SS
6. Nick Solak (R) LF
7. Jason Vosler (L) 3B
8. Henry Ramos (S) RF
9. Michael Siani (L) CF
P. Graham Ashcraft (R)

A's
1. Nick Allen (R) SS
2. Conner Capel (L) RF
3. JJ Bleday (L) CF
4. Brent Rooker (R) LF
5. Dermis Garcia (R) 1B
6. Jordan Diaz (R) 2B
7. Yohel Pozo (R) C
8. Kevin Smith (R) 3B
9. Zack Gelof (R) DH
P. Adrian Martinez (R)
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rico said:

3-1-23 A's @ Reds 3:05 PM

Reds
1. Jonathan India (R) 2B
2. Curt Casali (R) C
3. Wil Myers (R) 1B
4. Kevin Newman (R) DH
5. Elly De La Cruz (S) SS
6. Nick Solak (R) LF
7. Jason Vosler (L) 3B
8. Henry Ramos (S) RF
9. Michael Siani (L) CF
P. Graham Ashcraft (R)

A's
1. Nick Allen (R) SS
2. Conner Capel (L) RF
3. JJ Bleday (L) CF
4. Brent Rooker (R) LF
5. Dermis Garcia (R) 1B
6. Jordan Diaz (R) 2B
7. Yohel Pozo (R) C
8. Kevin Smith (R) 3B
9. Zack Gelof (R) DH
P. Adrian Martinez (R)

You have to laugh at Kevin Newman hitting 4th, even in Spring Training.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

You have to laugh at Kevin Newman hitting 4th, even in Spring Training.

He did hit 12 that one season.  lol

Btw @5foulsI was going to mention this yesterday but heading into today the Reds lead both ST leagues in stolen bases.

Edited by rico

3-3-23 Reds @ White Sox 3:05 PM

Reds
1. Jonathan India (R) 2B
2. Tyler Stephenson (R) C
3. Wil Myers (R) RF
4. Jake Fraley (L) LF
5. Chad Pinder (R) 1B
6. Curt Casali (R) DH
7. TJ Friedl (L) CF
8. Kevin Newman (R) SS
9. Spencer Steer (R) 3B
P. Luke Weaver (R)

White Sox
1. Tim Anderson (R) SS
2. Andrew Vaughn (R) 1B
3. Andrew Benintendi (L) LF
4. Eloy Jimenez (R) DH
5. Yasmani Grandal (S) C
6. Gavin Sheets (L) RF
7. Hanser Alberto (R) 2B
8. Zach Remillard (R) 3B
9. Romy Gonzalez (R) CF
P. Dylan Cease (R)
  • Like 1

Two things about clock. Aaron Judge said something the other day that I liked he said there's no longer time to think about the pitch you just missed. You have to get right back in and he loves that. Kind of like that scene from Bull Durham where Crash is talking to himself so much in the box he was frozen....

Speaking of frozen. I think some pitchers could play some Jedi mind tricks if they want. Verlander did the other day. Batter got in box and Verlander stared at him for 14 seconds hahaha.....anyone who has played knows after about 3-4 seconds you feel like your in quicksand. 

So far so good though. Faster games is what we want. 

3 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Speak for yourself. The length of games make no difference to me.

Lifting the blackout is what we want!!!!

That's the biggest headache for me. The NFL owns us because we know exactly what time, day of the week, which channel....all their games will be on. With MLB....no clue anymore. Different times, stations, blackouts, private networks, do they stream....just making it a chore just to find the game.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's the biggest headache for me. The NFL owns us because we know exactly what time, day of the week, which channel....all their games will be on. With MLB....no clue anymore. Different times, stations, blackouts, private networks, do they stream....just making it a chore just to find the game.

Even with the MLB ticket, or whatever they call it, games are blacked out. Drives me bonkers. Last year they blacked out a game in my area when the Astros and Orioles were playing. The game was in Houston. I live in frigging Delaware. What influence do I have?!?  FML 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Two things about clock. Aaron Judge said something the other day that I liked he said there's no longer time to think about the pitch you just missed. You have to get right back in and he loves that. Kind of like that scene from Bull Durham where Crash is talking to himself so much in the box he was frozen....

Speaking of frozen. I think some pitchers could play some Jedi mind tricks if they want. Verlander did the other day. Batter got in box and Verlander stared at him for 14 seconds hahaha.....anyone who has played knows after about 3-4 seconds you feel like your in quicksand. 

So far so good though. Faster games is what we want. 

I heard on the radio today that Wandy Peralta struck out a batter on 3 pitches and the at bat took 20 seconds. The batter never left the box and Peralta got the ball and three the pitch.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Even with the MLB ticket, or whatever they call it, games are blacked out. Drives me bonkers. Last year they blacked out a game in my area when the Astros and Orioles were playing. The game was in Houston. I live in frigging Delaware. What influence do I have?!?  FML 

Maybe they were afraid I wouldn't go if you could watch 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, rico said:

3-3-23 Reds @ White Sox 3:05 PM

Reds
1. Jonathan India (R) 2B
2. Tyler Stephenson (R) C
3. Wil Myers (R) RF
4. Jake Fraley (L) LF
5. Chad Pinder (R) 1B
6. Curt Casali (R) DH
7. TJ Friedl (L) CF
8. Kevin Newman (R) SS
9. Spencer Steer (R) 3B
P. Luke Weaver (R)

White Sox
1. Tim Anderson (R) SS
2. Andrew Vaughn (R) 1B
3. Andrew Benintendi (L) LF
4. Eloy Jimenez (R) DH
5. Yasmani Grandal (S) C
6. Gavin Sheets (L) RF
7. Hanser Alberto (R) 2B
8. Zach Remillard (R) 3B
9. Romy Gonzalez (R) CF
P. Dylan Cease (R)

Anyone know if Colson Montgomery is at camp with the Big League club for the Sox?  Ir, is he at the minor league facility.

3 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Speak for yourself. The length of games make no difference to me.

Lifting the blackout is what we want!!!!

I'm loving the pitch clock.  I'm loving the renewed emphasis on the running game.  And, I'm loving not seeing the shift.

My team sucks, but this is still going to be the best MLB season in the lsdt 30 years.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm loving the pitch clock.  I'm loving the renewed emphasis on the running game.  And, I'm loving not seeing the shift.

My team sucks, but this is still going to be the best MLB season in the lsdt 30 years.

I liked the shift.  If a team wants to put all 7 players in the outfield, let them.  If they want to bring them into the infield, let them.  Why not?  Let the teams evaluate for themselves their own risk/reward ratios. 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

The people need to realize that the clock will bring the game back to the pace of baseball back to what it use to be like. Most games use to take no more than 2.5 hours but over the years it changed. I am glad to get rid of watching batters adjusting their gloves after every pitch. 

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2