2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

2 hours ago, rico said:

Was listening to MLB station on XM radio on way to work this morning.  They were talking about how the WBC benefits free agents that are trying to make an impression in Spring Training.  Not because they are in the WBC, cause they aren't. 

But, they can sign with a team that needs a fill-in player for someone who is at the WBC.  They implied that was the primary reason Luke Voit signed the monor league deal with the Brewers yesterday.  1B Rowdy Telez is playing for Mexico at the WBC, which allows Voit to get extra ABs in spring in order to make an impression, with the Brewers, or to another team.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Was listening to MLB station on XM radio on way to work this morning.  They were talking about how the WBC benefits free agents that are trying to make an impression in Spring Training.  Not because they are in the WBC, cause they aren't. 

But, they can sign with a team that needs a fill-in player for someone who is at the WBC.  They implied that was the primary reason Luke Voit signed the monor league deal with the Brewers yesterday.  1B Rowdy Telez is playing for Mexico at the WBC, which allows Voit to get extra ABs in spring in order to make an impression, with the Brewers, or to another team.

I've heard of you have to run around Rowdy Telez at first base, you get per diem 🙂

I think @5fouls brought this up earlier but I haven't gone back and looked. These rule changes are kind of a mixed bag but overall I think good. The clock on pitching is fine with me but will be interesting to see if any of the catchers take their time just a bit more in returning ball because clock doesn't start until pitcher gets ball.

Bigger bases to promote stealing? We'll see. No more shifts should every left handed hitter in the league excited. I read where there's a 17 point batting average difference for Lefties vs Righties.

• Like 1

2-25-23 Guardians @ Reds 3:05 PM Cactus League Opener

Reds
1. Jonathan India (R) 2B
2. Tyler Stephenson (R) DH
3. Wil Myers (R) RF
4. Chad Pinder (R) 3B
5. Will Benson (L) CF
6. Luke Maile (R) C
7. Jose Barrero (R) SS
8. Stuart Fairchild (R) LF
9. Jason Vosler (L) 1B
P Brandon Williamson (L)

Guardians
1. Steven Kwan (L) LF
2. Gabriel Arias (R) 3B
3. Josh Naylor (L) 1B
4. Will Brennan (L) RF
5. Mike Zunino (R) C
6. Tyler Freeman (R) 2B
7. Brayan Rocchio (S) SS
8. David Fry (R) DH
9. Roman Quinn (S) CF
P Cal Quantrill (R)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rico said:

2-25-23 Guardians @ Reds 3:05 PM Cactus League Opener

Reds
1. Jonathan India (R) 2B
2. Tyler Stephenson (R) DH
3. Wil Myers (R) RF
4. Chad Pinder (R) 3B
5. Will Benson (L) CF
6. Luke Maile (R) C
7. Jose Barrero (R) SS
8. Stuart Fairchild (R) LF
9. Jason Vosler (L) 1B
P Brandon Williamson (L)

Guardians
1. Steven Kwan (L) LF
2. Gabriel Arias (R) 3B
3. Josh Naylor (L) 1B
4. Will Brennan (L) RF
5. Mike Zunino (R) C
6. Tyler Freeman (R) 2B
7. Brayan Rocchio (S) SS
8. David Fry (R) DH
9. Roman Quinn (S) CF
P Cal Quantrill (R)

Getting the Guardians announcing crew on the Bally Sports broadcast.  That kind of sucks.  

1 minute ago, rico said:

It would cost me $20 a month to get Bally.

I have Direct TV.  Bally is part of my package.  I get Pacers on one channel and Reds on another based on where I live.  I also get Indiana high school championships for most sports on the same station as the Pacers are on.  

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I have Direct TV.  Bally is part of my package.  I get Pacers on one channel and Reds on another based on where I live.  I also get Indiana high school championships for most sports on the same station as the Pacers are on.  

Yeah.  I am just waiting to see how this Bally/MLB thing works out.  But as of right now I would have to pay $20 for spring training games?  Nah.