2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

• 5fouls changed the title to 2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons
27 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

ESPN Power Rankings for upcoming season.  Last count, there were only 30 MLB teams.  So exciting to see my team carry the banner of being the ass of the league.

image.png.58a0ee6f97af9fb3adb3004ec1226fb0.png

I honestly don't remember when I joined this board....but the ride us NL Central fans on here have been on over the last 8 years is just crazy.  I won't go into my Cubs meteoric rise and massive failures since.....but man the Reds were so close couple years ago and now their back to 70 win club. My Grandfather was a die hard Reds fan so I've always wanted them to do well. Just sad that a great fanbase gets kicked in the nuts each winter and basically told to like it. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

ESPN Power Rankings for upcoming season.  Last count, there were only 30 MLB teams.  So exciting to see my team carry the banner of being the ass of the league.

image.png.58a0ee6f97af9fb3adb3004ec1226fb0.png

I have come to the conclusion that I will never see the Reds in a WS in my years left on this Earth.  Hell, I may never see them in the play offs.  Pitiful.

Headless' weatherman sad about Reds | Fox News

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Tyler Stephenson was one of the bright spots of a tepid Reds offense that contributed to them finishing 62-100 and securing their first 100-loss season since 1982. The trouble was the Reds only called upon Stephenson in 50 games last year, and getting a full season out of their young catcher will be a huge boost to their lineup in 2023 and beyond.

As Bobby Nightengale of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports, the Reds are looking to utilize Stephenson in 140-150 games in 2023, but the majority of those appearances could come at designated hitter to try and protect his body from the rigors of catching. He did, after all, hit .319/.372/.482 with six home runs across 183 plate appearances so it’s no surprise that the Reds are trying to figure out the best way to get a full season’s worth of that offense.

The Reds have signed Curt Casali and Luke Maile to their roster and plan to carry three catchers throughout 2023, and Nightengale writes that the team could look to use Stephenson as a catcher twice a week, which would equate to 54 games over the course of the season, with Casali and Maile handling the rest.

12 hours ago, rico said:

Tyler Stephenson was one of the bright spots of a tepid Reds offense that contributed to them finishing 62-100 and securing their first 100-loss season since 1982. The trouble was the Reds only called upon Stephenson in 50 games last year, and getting a full season out of their young catcher will be a huge boost to their lineup in 2023 and beyond.

As Bobby Nightengale of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports, the Reds are looking to utilize Stephenson in 140-150 games in 2023, but the majority of those appearances could come at designated hitter to try and protect his body from the rigors of catching. He did, after all, hit .319/.372/.482 with six home runs across 183 plate appearances so it’s no surprise that the Reds are trying to figure out the best way to get a full season’s worth of that offense.

The Reds have signed Curt Casali and Luke Maile to their roster and plan to carry three catchers throughout 2023, and Nightengale writes that the team could look to use Stephenson as a catcher twice a week, which would equate to 54 games over the course of the season, with Casali and Maile handling the rest.

I'm good with this approach.  i know a lot of people don't think Stephenson produces enough power for DH or 1B, but he had an OPS+ last season of 130, which is pretty good.  For comparison, Bryce harper had a 145, so not too large of a discrepancy there

Edited by 5fouls

As a Reds fan, I'm envisioning an historically bad offense this year.  It got me wondering how they matched up with the lineups of other teams throughout MLB.  So, I've decided to do a serious of lineup comparisons, using the current depth chart on espn.com.

Knowing there are a ot of Cubs fans on here, I started with a Reds/Cubs comparison, using OPS+ from the 2022 season as my comparison source.  Any matchup with a 5 point OPS+ difference or less was considered a push (blue shading).  Otherwise, the green shading represents the team with the 'assumed' advantage. 

Reds lose this matchup 2-5-2.   I will do others over the course of the next few weeks to get a feel for how bad the Reds lineup really is.

image.png.8c48ed3c7b4a47a2628cc003a1811286.png

Edited by 5fouls

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'm good with this approach.  i know a lot of people don't think Stephenson produces enough power for DH or 1B, but he had an OPS+ last season of 130, which is pretty good.  For comparison, Bryce harper had a 145, so not too large of a discrepancy there

I am not worried about TySteve numbers.  I am worried about the numbers the back-up catchers produce.

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

As a Reds fan, I'm envisioning an historically bad offense this year.  It got me wondering how they matched up with the lineups of other teams throughout MLB.  So, I've decided to do a serious of lineup comparisons, using the current depth chart on espn.com.

Knowing there are a ot of Cubs fans on here, I started with a Reds/Cubs comparison, using OPS+ from the 2022 season as my comparison source.  Any matchup with a 5 point OPS+ difference or less was considered a push (blue shading).  Otherwise, the green shading represents the team with the 'assumed' advantage. 

Reds lose this matchup 2-5-2.   I will do others over the course of the next few weeks to get a feel for how bad the Reds lineup really is.

image.png.8c48ed3c7b4a47a2628cc003a1811286.png

Sigh