2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

On 11/11/2022 at 6:54 PM, IU Scott said:

Astros win the World Series and now let go of their GM

There was a huge rift between Crane/Baker and Click. Click made some mid-season deals for some second tier players and whiffed on a few preferred targets. 

As an Astros fan, I’m ok with this. But I also acknowledge that the Click family was very philanthropic within the Houston community and will be missed. From what I’ve gathered he and his family really loved the Houston area. 

3 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

There was a huge rift between Crane/Baker and Click. Click made some mid-season deals for some second tier players and whiffed on a few preferred targets. 

As an Astros fan, I’m ok with this. But I also acknowledge that the Click family was very philanthropic within the Houston community and will be missed. From what I’ve gathered he and his family really loved the Houston area. 

Rift or not, it's still a risk for the owners.  Will be interesting to see how public opinion will be if the 'Stros take a step back over the next couple of years.   

16 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Rift or not, it's still a risk for the owners.  Will be interesting to see how public opinion will be if the 'Stros take a step back over the next couple of years.   

I don’t disagree. I just hope Crane (the owner) decides not to go ‘Jerry Jones’. That’ll not have a pleasant outcome if that’s the case. 

Edited by Naturalhoosier
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Once again I watched a couple of podcasts and MLB networks and the analytical geeks infuriated me. One show was trying to grade the trade deadline trades and the other was Brian McKinney talking about the HOF.  Both of these guys came off as arrogant aholes because of how the talk down to fans who don't use analytics as the de reasoning behind their opinions. They say some fans just look at this stuff but the smart baseball fans no more what to look for.  Right there is why I despise the computer geeks who started all of these analytics.

I also read a little story about how for Astros Jeff Bagwell thinks the Astros use analytics to much. He said the game is played by humans and the stats don't tell the whole story. The response from that article is comical.

• 2 weeks later...