2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

13 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Schwarber strikes again! 

Guy just seems like he lives for the stage....and the Phillies are riding some serious Mo right now. Started the season 22-29. Fire Girardi. Still a .500 club at end of July and now if they handle their business at home they are World Series bound. They just feel like a 6 seed in hoops tourney that is getting hot.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Guy just seems like he lives for the stage....and the Phillies are riding some serious Mo right now. Started the season 22-29. Fire Girardi. Still a .500 club at end of July and now if they handle their business at home they are World Series bound. They just feel like a 6 seed in hoops tourney that is getting hot.

How many teams have fired their manager in season and went on to win the WS?

49 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think Smoltz just said it as well but I don't think I can ever remember two starters getting bounced in first inning in a playoff game. 

I was watching the Yanks / Astros game at the time.   Since I flipped over to this one, there has been no offense at all.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Bump

Presents an interesting dilemma for me...

Even though I'm down here in Houston, I actually belong to the FAA Tech Center in Atlantic City... All Phillies/Eagles there (in South Jersey... North Jersey is Yankees/Giants territory... I think Tom's River is the separating line)...

So, I guess I'll piss off everybody down here by rooting for the Phillies... Simply because of the Schwarber Factor... 

• Like 3

So exciting to see the Phillies advance to the World Series! I grew up going to Phillies games at the old Vet with my Dad.

He's in hospice care right now and we're looking at weeks to a couple of months at most for his life. Hoping we get to see a Phillies World Series win together this Fall!!!!

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

So exciting to see the Phillies advance to the World Series! I grew up going to Phillies games at the old Vet with my Dad.

He's in hospice care right now and we're looking at weeks to a couple of months at most for his life. Hoping we get to see a Phillies World Series win together this Fall!!!!

That would be awesome if you got to see that. My dad had Stage 4 cancer when the Tigers reached the World Series in 2006. We didn't get the ending we wanted on that one.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 10/22/2022 at 8:21 PM, Seeking6 said:

I think Smoltz just said it as well but I don't think I can ever remember two starters getting bounced in first inning in a playoff game. 

What a nutty game that was. Phillies!!! 

If they win, I think I'll buy a cream Schwarber jersey. Can't stand their pinstripes. 

• Like 1

Third different NL East team to make the World Series in the past three full seasons (lolMets). All three played the Astros, too.

I'll be pulling for the Phillies. If you're going to be knocked out early at least I can say it was to the eventual champs. And I get to root for Schwarber, back in the World Series again. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BGleas said:

Doggone man, my heart goes out to you and your family.   You are the only person I know that likes the Celtics and because of you I sometimes don't hate them.  Now I will cheer for the Phillies just for you and your dad.  Will be praying for peace and comfort in the days ahead.   

• Like 3

22 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

That would be awesome if you got to see that. My dad had Stage 4 cancer when the Tigers reached the World Series in 2006. We didn't get the ending we wanted on that one.

Thanks! I really hope we get this one. When he was given the news that there are no longer any treatments he told the doctor he wanted to make it to the Super Bowl because he thought the Eagles would be good (this was in early September).

Not sure if we'll make it to the SB, but the Phillies winning would be the next best thing!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Doggone man, my heart goes out to you and your family.   You are the only person I know that likes the Celtics and because of you I sometimes don't hate them.  Now I will cheer for the Phillies just for you and your dad.  Will be praying for peace and comfort in the days ahead.   

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it the thoughts and kind words, it means a lot. Been a tough year for our family, as my Father-in-Law passed away in June. Appreciate the Celtics non-hate 🤣

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it the thoughts and kind words, it means a lot. Been a tough year for our family, as my Father-in-Law passed away in June. Appreciate the Celtics non-hate 🤣

Sadly one of those years that comes around a few times in a lifetime.  We are here for you.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

Thanks! I really hope we get this one. When he was given the news that there are no longer any treatments he told the doctor he wanted to make it to the Super Bowl because he thought the Eagles would be good (this was in early September).

Not sure if we'll make it to the SB, but the Phillies winning would be the next best thing!! 

Bah,when you look back it will be irrelevant if they win our lose. The right now moment.....watching, as together as you can, is the real victory and forever memory 

Enjoy every single second my man!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Bah,when you look back it will be irrelevant if they win our lose. The right now moment.....watching, as together as you can, is the real victory and forever memory 

Enjoy every single second my man!

Agree! Looking forward to watching a few innings with him Friday night!