2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

9 minutes ago, rico said:

The Phils appear to be on a mission.

We went out to eat, and the game was on in the restaurant bar...

When I went past the first time, it was 5-0 Astros and it was abuzz...

2nd time it was 5-5 and there were so many long faces I thought I was in my barn...

A lot of the damage with 2 out... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

We went out to eat, and the game was on in the restaurant bar...

When I went past the first time, it was 5-0 Astros and it was abuzz...

2nd time it was 5-5 and there were so many long faces I thought I was in my barn...

A lot of the damage with 2 out... 

Houston, we have a problem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

Just like the NCAA tourney a team gets hot and it's just rolling. I'm not a Philly fan by any means but when they got down 5-0 you could almost sense no big deal. 

Regarding Houston. 4th World Series I think in 6-7 years....but if they only win one would they surpass Dodgers as most disappointing/underachieving team at crunch time?

I don't like calling a team underachieving that makes the World Series this often but man Houston needs a win tonight or you can fire up the Rocky starting Monday. By the way MLB...why would you go on Monday night up against NFL?

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Just like the NCAA tourney a team gets hot and it's just rolling. I'm not a Philly fan by any means but when they got down 5-0 you could almost sense no big deal. 

Regarding Houston. 4th World Series I think in 6-7 years....but if they only win one would they surpass Dodgers as most disappointing/underachieving team at crunch time?

I don't like calling a team underachieving that makes the World Series this often but man Houston needs a win tonight or you can fire up the Rocky starting Monday. By the way MLB...why would you go on Monday night up against NFL?

Oakland only winning 1 WS with those McGwire, Canseco, Eckersley, etc.  teams managed by LaRussa was bigtime underachieving.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Oakland only winning 1 WS with those McGwire, Canseco, Eckersley, etc.  teams managed by LaRussa was bigtime underachieving.

Interesting...

In 1988 the underdog Dodgers won game one against those A's in exciting fashion ("I don't believe what I just saw!") and set the tone for the whole series...

Deja Vu all over again? 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Interesting...

In 1988 the underdog Dodgers won game one against those A's in exciting fashion ("I don't believe what I just saw!") and set the tone for the whole series...

Deja Vu all over again? 😉

Difference for me being I wanted to trip Gibson while he was limping around the bases...lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, rico said:

Yeah.  The mission to push the country into a recession.

Did everyone see the stat about the Phillies previous 3 World Series championships?

Not the 3 best years for the economy in the country's history.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Right there with you as far as not being a Phillies fan, but I will tip my Yankees cap to them....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

It's either Sunday or Monday unless you have two off days in a row.  Monday is the softer competition.  

I just wouldn't ever go head to head vs NFL but it's almost impossible to avoid I guess. If they do this route on M, T, W...travel day vs NFL on Thursday they could have Fri/Saturday to themselves which is actually smarter if it goes the distance I guess. 

• Like 1