2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Rays and the Cleveland Baseball Team going to the 13th in a scoreless tie.  Good to see they don't have the runner at 2nd rule in the postseason,  

Shouldn't have it in season either...

Whoever is doing the color commentary for the aTri... Uh... Guardians game sounds like Christopher Walken... 

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Wow... Mariners come back from down 8-1 to win 10-9... Bye-Bye Blue Jays...

Be nice if another bird bit the dust tonight... 

You got your wish! Cardinals got a taste of their own medicine this weekend. 

I thought the MLB playoff format was going to be like the NFL, where the 1 seed gets the lowest seed left after the wild card round and the 2 seed gets the highest. But ESPN says the Phillies will be playing the Braves next. If the Mets win tomorrow night, that means the next series would be 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 6. So the 2 seed is playing a weaker team than the 1 seed. Last year, the Dodgers had to play a 100+ win team in the NLDS. This year, even with 111 wins and the new format, they could still end up playing a 100+ team while the 2nd-seeded Braves get the 87-win Phillies. 

8 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I thought the MLB playoff format was going to be like the NFL, where the 1 seed gets the lowest seed left after the wild card round and the 2 seed gets the highest. But ESPN says the Phillies will be playing the Braves next. If the Mets win tomorrow night, that means the next series would be 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 6. So the 2 seed is playing a weaker team than the 1 seed. Last year, the Dodgers had to play a 100+ win team in the NLDS. This year, even with 111 wins and the new format, they could still end up playing a 100+ team while the 2nd-seeded Braves get the 87-win Phillies. 

Yeah, this has been brought up.  I imagine TV contracts and venues play into it?

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Interesting strategy by the Cards..  score 0 runs and try and win isn't going to pay dividends often. 

Offense was way too feast or famine this year. And I think I heard yesterday was the first time that both Goldschmidt and Arenado struck out at least two times a piece. Cards are 1-9 in their last 10 playoff games so hopefully they actually do something in the off-season versus them thinking hey we’ll still have 3 million+ in attendance and the money continues to pile in why spend more? Seems like they’ve gotten too complacent in a lot of ways since TLR left. Like hey we’re just happy to make the playoffs which isn’t acceptable for a franchise of that caliber. 

5 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Offense was way too feast or famine this year. And I think I heard yesterday was the first time that both Goldschmidt and Arenado struck out at least two times a piece. Cards are 1-9 in their last 10 playoff games so hopefully they actually do something in the off-season versus them thinking hey we’ll still have 3 million+ in attendance and the money continues to pile in why spend more? Seems like they’ve gotten too complacent in a lot of ways since TLR left. Like hey we’re just happy to make the playoffs which isn’t acceptable for a franchise of that caliber. 

I would say the Cards need some TOR pitchers.  I think Montgomery is one, but you guys need a few more.  You will be fine.