2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'm hoping for the maximum number of Game 7s

The maximum number is just three. Only the World Series and the LCS go seven games.

The Wild Card round is just a best of three, which is why you absolutely want to avoid it. There's far too much variance in any one baseball game to let things be decided by just two wins.

17 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think Top Game 6 is pretty obvious right? Idk if there’s even a debate for number 1?

Knowing you are not old enough to remember 1975, I was trying to think of what Cardinal game you were referring to.  Your game came in 12th in this ranking of all World Series games..  Mine came in 1st.  

https://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articles/fall_classics_the_best_world_series_games_of_all_time/s1__30293711#slide_14

22 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I would hope you are referring to the 1975 WS Game 6 and not some random Cardinal game.

See the source image

Yep def before my time. And the Cubs number 2 on that list seems a bit odd. Maybe because they hadn’t won it in so long but I think Cards game 6 was a better game than the Cubs/Indians but I know I’m biased. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yep def before my time. And the Cubs number 2 on that list seems a bit odd. Maybe because they hadn’t won it in so long but I think Cards game 6 was a better game than the Cubs/Indians but I know I’m biased. 

Encourage you to watch all the videos I posted from the 1975 Game 6.  Games like that (as well as your Cardinal/Rangers game) are what makes baseball such a great game.   

25 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Encourage you to watch all the videos I posted from the 1975 Game 6.  Games like that (as well as your Cardinal/Rangers game) are what makes baseball such a great game.   

Will def do that thank you sir! Seems like you and my dad are probably similar age because he grew up watching the Big Red Machine, Brock/Gibson, etc,,,

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Surely everyone has seen video the Fisk homer to win it.

Our tour guide at Fenway said the only reason this footage exists is because the camera man that was supposed to be following the flight of the ball waa busy watching a giant rat by his feet and did not want it running up his leg then got caught watching Fisk and not the ball. If true great moment in sports history caught on tape by pure luck 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I wonder if he’ll stay in NY. 

I've always thought no way the Yankees get outbid for him....but on more than a few occasions this summer I've heard separate reporters say the Giants is the landing spot for him just because he's from the Bay Area.

I don't remember the Giants ever handing out big contracts so we'll see.

15 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think Top Game 6 is pretty obvious right? Idk if there’s even a debate for number 1?

If Nelson Cruz was a half decent right fielder, you're right... There wouldn't be a debate...

That said, as @5fouls pointed out, 1975 and the original "see you tomorrow night" in 1991 would definitely rival 2011... 

15 hours ago, 5fouls said:

A little history lesson for you youngsters in the next several posts about Game 6 of the 1975 World Series between the Reds and the Red Sox

former Red ties Bernie Carbo ties it with 3-run homer in the 8th.

I slapped hands a few times with Bernie when he was an Indianapolis Indian... Bill Plummer and Hal McRae too