2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Without question the best I have seen in my lifetime. Injuries are a part of the game but take those away and his numbers would have been untouched. I remember hearing Lou Pinella tell Jr to take it easy in the outside and nit to take so.many risks, he responded that he will always play all out or not play at all. Almost every injury involved making a great play. On top of all that he had so.much fun playing the game. He made the backward hat cool.

Geez, Bob Howsam's kids must be running MLB Network... The next "MLB Network Presents" in my que was "Bench."

Watched part of it last night (I DVR the series) and beside Pete Rose having a cameo, it was great... Best catcher I ever saw play... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

Stats By STATS
@OptaStats

Over his last 4 starts, Hunter Greene of the
Reds has struck out 37 while allowing just 11 hits.

No other MLB rookie in the modern era has had that many strikeouts while allowing that few hits over a 4-start span.

9:50 PM · Sep 27, 2022

Last night they said his ERA since the all star break is 1.50

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Been descent in his last few starts. Could be a candidate for the 5th spot next year. He needs to be able to go more than 5 innings on a consistent basis.

It will be interesting to see how the rotation shakes out next year.  Lodolo, Greene, Ashcraft and then?????????

1 hour ago, rico said:

It will be interesting to see how the rotation shakes out next year.  Lodolo, Greene, Ashcraft and then?????????

I would like to see them sign one veteran starter to help out the young guys.  They really need to restock the bullpen because right now they only have on reliable reliever in Diaz

• Like 1

Reds are finishing this season on a good note by losing 17 out of the last 21 games while scoring less than 3 runs in 16 of those games. They are now 60-97 and they have to win 3 out of of 5 not to lose 100 games.

Ashcraft hasn't been the same since coming off the IL and the last 2 games he has pitched 6.2 innings while giving up 9 runs. He only went 2.2 innings today giving up 5 earned runs and 6 overall. Overton pitched well in relief going 5.1 innings 2 hits 0 runs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Reds are finishing this season on a good note by losing 17 out of the last 21 games while scoring less than 3 runs in 16 of those games. They are now 60-97 and they have to win 3 out of of 5 not to lose 100 games.

Ashcraft hasn't been the same since coming off the IL and the last 2 games he has pitched 6.2 innings while giving up 9 runs. He only went 2.2 innings today giving up 5 earned runs and 6 overall. Overton pitched well in relief going 5.1 innings 2 hits 0 runs

Conversely, the Cubs are looking good.

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Watching "Yankees-Dodgers: An Uncivil War" that aired on ESPN a few days ago.

Basically covers the World Series of 77 and 78. Pretty entertaining, and maybe a precursor of this year... 

Late 70's and early 80's that was the matchup in the series a lot of the time

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Late 70's and early 80's that was the matchup in the series a lot of the time

It's the most frequent matchup in WS history...

40s (41, 47, 49), 50s (52, 53, 55, 56), and 60s (63) too...

They haven't met since the Dodgers beat the Yankees in the strike shortened season of 81 in the World Series.

About time to go again, I guess... 

23 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It's the most frequent matchup in WS history...

40s (41, 47, 49), 50s (52, 53, 55, 56), and 60s (63) too...

They haven't met since the Dodgers beat the Yankees in the strike shortened season of 81 in the World Series.

About time to go again, I guess... 

I remember the game where Reggie Jackson hit the 3 homers which I think was the clinching game

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I remember the game where Reggie Jackson hit the 3 homers which I think was the clinching game

The show I'm watching (cited above) has that. Brought back memories. The fact that ABC had the World Series rights and while Keith Jackson was always great in any sport he broadcast, listening to that jackass Cossell wasn't a fond memory...

The Billy Martin vs Steinbrenner and Reggie is fascinating... Billy was a piece of work... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

The show I'm watching (cited above) has that. Brought back memories. The fact that ABC had the World Series rights and while Keith Jackson was always great in any sport he broadcast, listening to that jackass Cossell wasn't a fond memory...

The Billy Martin vs Steinbrenner and Reggie is fascinating... Billy was a piece of work... 

Never liked Cossell on baseball or football.  I seemed to remember that bat Don Drysdale was on some of the telecasts 

• Like 1