2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

the thing is: Snell was on top of his game last night. I tip my cap as he was just unreal. But the Cardinals have been getting shut down by average/below average pitching (not including last night) the last 4 or 5 games. Not like they’ve been facing Scherzer/DeGrom/etc… they’ve been shut down by Chase Anderson, Anibal Sanchez, etc… That’s what is frustrating. 

All my Redbird hatred aside, this is not good for the Cardinals.  They need to ramp it up heading into the playoffs.

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Like the DH, it takes all the strategy out of the game...

I guess when I'm being "entertained" I don't care how long it lasts... 

I think it adds strategy.  For instance, do I bring in a lefty to face a lefty if Aaron Judge is on deck, knowing that he would have to face Judge as well.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I think it adds strategy.  For instance, do I bring in a lefty to face a lefty if Aaron Judge is on deck, knowing that he would have to face Judge as well.

Disagree... Only one manager is having to make a decision... And you're putting him at a disadvantage by making him stick with a pitcher for 3 hitters...

It's unfair that I can't manage my staff like I want to counteract whatever my opponent throws at me... 

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Like the DH, it takes all the strategy out of the game...

I guess when I'm being "entertained" I don't care how long it lasts... 

It is not about the length not the game but the pace of it.  Today there is 4min and 20 seconds between balls put in play compared to 2min and 15 seconds 20 years ago.

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Hunter Greene just gave up a home run.  Shocking.  

Can tell his fast ball is down a little from the last game at the Cardinals.  He struck out 11 and all of his fast balls were over 100. Tonight he is hitting 98-99 and wonder if throwing so hard hurts you in your next start.