2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

Out of the remaining teams, who I would like to win the World Series, listed in order...

1. Padres... Never won it... San Diego hasn't won anything since their AFL title in the 60s 

2. Phillies... Still fell sorry for them for 1964, and I like both Harper and Schwarber...

3. Yankees... Gluttons!

4. Astros... Although I like Dusty Baker, they haven't paid full penance for the pitch tipping scandal, and I'll be tired of seeing Astros gear by the day after they win it... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Out of the remaining teams, who I would like to win the World Series, listed in order...

1. Padres... Never won it... San Diego hasn't won anything since their AFL title in the 60s 

2. Phillies... Still fell sorry for them for 1964, and I like both Harper and Schwarber...

3. Yankees... Gluttons!

4. Astros... Although I like Dusty Baker, they haven't paid full penance for the pitch tipping scandal, and I'll be tired of seeing Astros gear by the day after they win it... 

I am going all in on the National Leaguers.  Eff the AL teams left.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Schwarbs absolutely parks one... 

My IU/Cubs bias coming in loud and clear but has any single player in recent years hit as memorable shots in the playoffs? The Allegheny dong, on top of scoreboard vs Cardinals and now this. Good Lord what a skillset....and that's exactly why you overlook all the K's. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My IU/Cubs bias coming in loud and clear but has any single player in recent years hit as memorable shots in the playoffs? The Allegheny dong, on top of scoreboard vs Cardinals and now this. Good Lord what a skillset....and that's exactly why you overlook all the K's. 

As Red Sox fans would say, "Kyle f***ing Schwarber"

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IUFLA said:

BTW, I saw Bill Walton sitting behind home plate at the Phils-Padres game... On NBA Opening Night no less...

The guy that was sitting next to him was looking for the fentanyl vendor... 

Just an aside to this which I won't put in the NBA thread...

But I did try to watch the 76ers-Celtics game... I really did...

But between the fashion show and Marcus Smart and Joel Embid making the game into an "NBA Wives with Jockstraps" episode, I just couldn't get into it... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

The epitome of a quick bat.

• Like 1

Not that I care...but geez, Matt Carpenter is a shadow of the player he used to be.  Four K's as DH is bad.  I'm amazed that NY even has him on the roster as bad as he looks.  I'm pretty sure he's had some injuries, so I guess maybe I should cut him some slack.  Then again...he's a former Cardinal, so screw him.  😂😂😂

Edited by jv1972iu

7 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Not that I care...but geez, Matt Carpenter is a shadow of the player he used to be.  Four K's as DH is bad.  I'm amazed that NY even has him on the roster as bad as he looks.  I'm pretty sure he's had some injuries, so I guess maybe I should cut him some slack.  Then again...he's a former Cardinal, so screw him.  😂😂😂

Matt batted over .300 this year for the Yanks along with 15 dongs.  He actually was a bright spot for them.  That being said...screw him!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, rico said:

Matt batted over .300 this year for the Yanks along with 15 dongs.  He actually was a bright spot for them.  That being said...screw him!

I admit that I didn't look at his regular season stats.  Those do reflect the guy I remember.  He just looked uncomfortable to me.  And being unable to put the ball in play really surprised me.  But then, I never imagined that Joey Votto could look as bad as he has late in his career.  Age catches up with everyone, unfortunately.

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I admit that I didn't look at his regular season stats.  Those do reflect the guy I remember.  He just looked uncomfortable to me.  And being unable to put the ball in play really surprised me.  But then, I never imagined that Joey Votto could look as bad as he has late in his career.  Age catches up with everyone, unfortunately.

Carpenter was a solid pick up by the Yankees.  But he did suffer a fractured foot the tail end of the season.

As far as Votto, I hope he heals over the winter as the Reds are gonna need him next year if they want to avoid losing a 100 again.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Put the blame on....

See the source image

• Haha 2