2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

It's a shame... 30 years ago this would have been the headline in every newspaper and the lead story on every newscast...

I would like to see a Game 7... 

Yep...but right now we have basketball, hockey, football... and so much other distracting crapola, ie. politics, social media and about a million other viewing/screen options that the WS is lost as an after thought.  JMHO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Went to bed early last night.  After the 5th inning.  Knew the Astros had a no-hitter going, but assumed it would not last.  I felt their lead was safe though, so I turned it off.  I hate when miss out on seeing something historical.  

Pretty much sums up things on my end as well.  <sigh>

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I went to bed in the 8th inning because I don't think this is a no hitter since it took 4 pitchers. If the starter was still in I probably would have watched the 9th inning.

We would expect nothing less of you Scott.  To be honest I sort of feel the same way except this was a WS game.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I went to bed in the 8th inning because I don't think this is a no hitter since it took 4 pitchers. If the starter was still in I probably would have watched the 9th inning.

What would you call it then?

"A zero hit game"?

"A goose egg in the second column"?

"A donut"?

If a team doesn't get any hits in the game, it's a no hitter...

Is it as exciting as a single guy doing it? No, but it is what it is... 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

"A zero hit game"?

"A donut"?

Just Scott bein' Scott.  Bless his heart!

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

1 minute ago, rico said:

Just Scott bein' Scott.  Bless his heart!

Au contraire!!   😁

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

"A zero hit game"?

"A donut"?

I don't really enjoy a no hitter that much lol How did guys do their job at the plate 27 times so poorly? I want offense. It's 100% a no hitter, though, you're right. "A zero hit game" had me laughing ... it's still a nice TEAM accomplishment, regardless. 

22 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Well, I will say this... Congratulations to Dusty Baker. Glad he was able to win one...

Sometimes you just have to forget about all the negative and just be happy when something good happens to good people.  Dusty is good people.  On top of it all, this win gets him to Cooperstown, I think.  

• Like 2

My dream offseason for the Cardinals would be them signing Contreras or trading for Sean Murphy from Oakland. Getting a star SS in Trea Turner or Carlos Correa. And I'd like another starter who can strike people out and a reliever. And maybe an outfield bat. Sounds good to me. Cardinals to upgrade if they want to contend. I read the Cardinals are expected to up their payroll this winter.

15 hours ago, landrus13 said:

My dream offseason for the Cardinals would be them signing Contreras or trading for Sean Murphy from Oakland. Getting a star SS in Trea Turner or Carlos Correa. And I'd like another starter who can strike people out and a reliever. And maybe an outfield bat. Sounds good to me. Cardinals to upgrade if they want to contend. I read the Cardinals are expected to up their payroll this winter.

My dream off season would be for the Reds to spend money like the Cards.

• Haha 1