2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

17 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The new LF we got from Cleveland is 0-3 with 3 k's

Opening day brings such optimism.  I thought McCovey when he walked up to plate 1st time. 

At end of game I thought, well they found the replacement for Aquino.   4 for 4 on stirkeouts and ESPN projects him to go 648 strikeouts for 648 AB's based on that game. LOL  

https://www.espn.com/mlb/player/_/id/39216/will-benson

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, rico said:

Cincinnati Reds
@Reds
·
1m
The #Reds today sent 1B Joey Votto to Triple-A Louisville on a rehab assignment.

I'm hoping he's still there Thursday.  I plan on going to see the bats play that night.  Might have to move that up if they announce they are calling him up before then. 

• Like 1

Yesterday was on Ross. He brought in Assad who stinks one day after having an off day he said our best short term reliever Thompson was unavailable. 

Unavailable after a day off? Justin Steele pitched a gem and Ross delivered the L on a pillow. 

Recently I haven't been critical of Ross because Cubs ownership gave him a terrible roster. Hard to judge that....but as the roster improves Ross needs to start being a better manager. When you have .500 talent the Coach has to be above .500 in decisions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Yesterday was on Ross. He brought in Assad who stinks one day after having an off day he said our best short term reliever Thompson was unavailable. 

Unavailable after a day off? Justin Steele pitched a gem and Ross delivered the L on a pillow. 

Recently I haven't been critical of Ross because Cubs ownership gave him a terrible roster. Hard to judge that....but as the roster improves Ross needs to start being a better manager. When you have .500 talent the Coach has to be above .500 in decisions.

It never ceases to amaze me how some managers manage in April.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rico said:

It never ceases to amaze me how some managers manage in April.

Certain managers can do that with their teams. All the usual suspects,etc....because they know they'll be there in the end. With the Cubs every game in April and May is that more important. Especially given our early schedule. Have 3 at Cincy, Home with Texas/Seattle and 10 of the next 13 are vs Dodgers and Padres.