2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Refs bullpen is imploding in the 7th, giving up 4 runs and still no outs. The 4 runs in this inning is more than the bullpen had given up this year. 

Cubs up 6-3 and has the bases loaded with 0 outs.

8-3 now...

But the last few games, the Cubs bullpen hasn't exactly been ironclad...

Wouldn't be surprised to see us let the Reds back in it

I really need to get back into baseball mode. Honestly after a long NFL/College Football season, College Hoops...with the exception of The Masters my sports brain just needs a break.

Hope the Cubs get me in a positive mood at some point this year. NL Central isn't looking sharp..once again. 

• Like 1

Mets roll over in a 3-game series against the Brewers

Red Sox roll over in a 3-game series against the Pirates, of all teams.

Meanwhile, the Reds keep getting rained out.  Today's game against Phillies already postponed on the heels of yesterday's rainout against the Cubs.  

Dan Patrick has been bringing this up a lot recently about when will the owners get upset with pace of game being faster because less concessions/merchandise sold at ballpark.

LInk here says no impact at all. https://www.si.com/mlb/2023/04/03/opening-weekend-rule-changes-analytics-game-style-variety

I have no clue what the actual numbers are but losing an extra half hour or 45 minutes of concession sales is a drop in the bucket compared to the number of fans who don't watch games on tv or stream because of all the archaic rules about which market you live in. Fix that first MLB. Worry about hot dog and beer sales later.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Dan Patrick has been bringing this up a lot recently about when will the owners get upset with pace of game being faster because less concessions/merchandise sold at ballpark.

LInk here says no impact at all. https://www.si.com/mlb/2023/04/03/opening-weekend-rule-changes-analytics-game-style-variety

I have no clue what the actual numbers are but losing an extra half hour or 45 minutes of concession sales is a drop in the bucket compared to the number of fans who don't watch games on tv or stream because of all the archaic rules about which market you live in. Fix that first MLB. Worry about hot dog and beer sales later.

Merchandise sales should not change at all.  If your plan is to buy a hat, shirt, or bobble-head, you're going to do that regardless of how long game is.

As far as concessions, I may be the outlier, but i typically buy my first round of concessions before the game and my 2nd round in the 3rd or 4th inning.  I dont see that changing.  So, the 3rd inning is now 50 minutes into the game instead of 60?  No big deal.  It might impact someone who would always wait until the 8th inning to buy food, but who does that?

• Like 2

4-7-23 Reds @ Phillies

Reds
1. Jonathan India (R) 2B
2. TJ Friedl (L) CF
3. Jake Fraley (L) DH
4. Tyler Stephenson (R) C
5. Wil Myers (R) RF
6. Jason Vosler (L) 1B
7. Spencer Steer (R) 3B
8. Will Benson (L) LF
9. Jose Barrero (R) SS
P. Hunter Greene (R)

Phillies
1. Trea Turner (R) SS
2. Kyle Schwarber (L) DH
3. J.T. Realmuto (R) C
4. Nick Castellanos (R) RF
5. Bryson Stott (L) 2B
6. Alec Bohm (R) 3B
7. Jake Cave (L) LF
8. Kody Clemens (L) 1B
9. Brandon Marsh (L) CF
P. Zack Wheeler (R)

Votto had a rough night.  We had seats about 10 rows back on first base line.  He went 0-4 a the plate with 2 strikeout and a walk,  The 2 times he hit the ball, the contact was not solid.  In the field, he had 1 really nice play on a short-hop, but bobbled a couple, though he was able to recover both to get the out.  He also failed to dig out a bad throw that, while in the dirt, was a play a 1B should make 90% of the time.  Cost the Bats a run. 

Senzel is also down there on rehab.  He went 1-4 but had a terrible baserunning gaffe that killed a rally.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds bullpen blew a 2-0 lead in the 9th and lost 3-2. Diaz pitched a perfect 8th but couldn't get an out in the 9th and Gibault couldn't close the game. 

Loddolo pitched great 7IP, 0 runs and 12 K's

Shades of last season.  There's no one in the bullpen that can be trusted.

Edited by jv1972iu

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why? He hadn't pitched for 5 days 

The results speak for themselves.  Now, you canf even use him tomorrow.  If they had pitched someone else in the 8th and Diaz in the 9th, I think Reds win.  And, he would still be available tomorrow. 

Edited by 5fouls