2024 F Liam McNeeley Decommits from Indiana

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Couple of interesting posts on the KU board...

Screenshot_20230919-043727.thumb.png.cb8d1808d29a42285e85ccd373454a88.png

Screenshot_20230919-043831.thumb.png.ab4ab9d7f4c1b6f5dc1bba4e9cba7e42.png

And their arrogance is absolutely staggering...

Screenshot_20230919-043926.thumb.png.29d86e9999d6ca232b9b124de88e7b95.png

Screenshot_20230919-044017.thumb.png.59714343312b210f4fd2cd6f9047e03b.png

🙄

They've cheated to win throughout their history... now that paying players is legal and the field is level, they whine... Simply amazing... 

Weren’t they saying he was a perfect replacement for Grady Dick? I thought I’d heard that one of their big pitches was to show him clips of Dick as examples of how they wanted to use him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Weren’t they saying he was a perfect replacement for Grady Dick? I thought I’d heard that one of their big pitches was to show him clips of Dick as examples of how they wanted to use him. 

Yes they did...

And when they think they're out of the running, they pull the old Kentucky stuff... "he ain't that good." 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Can't defend, not athletic, lots of skill and really crafty.  Sounds like Larry Bird

I'm sure Self couldn't find a way to use this:

Scouting Report

EVALUATED 10/15/2022

Brandon Jenkins
Brandon JenkinsRECRUIITNG ANALYST

COMPARISON

Kyle SinglerOKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER

McNeeley is as versatile as they come in the 2024 class. He has the handle and feel to run an offense and with his textbook shooting stroke, he has the capability to be a knockdown three-point shooter. The best area of his game is his passing as his vision is above average and he is willing to find the open man. He is unselfish to a fault, but he plays the game the right way. A high IQ prospect who can bring something to the table at eithet forward position, McNeeley should excel as a reliable complimentary option at the collegiate level.

The other day I saw an evaluation that talked a bit about his defense. I can't remember where or I'd link it. Basically, that guy's take on McNeely's defense is that it isn't as bad as some seem to think it is. He does a good job with positioning and staying in front of his man. Not great at defense but not terrible.

15 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

The other day I saw an evaluation that talked a bit about his defense. I can't remember where or I'd link it. Basically, that guy's take on McNeely's defense is that it isn't as bad as some seem to think it is. He does a good job with positioning and staying in front of his man. Not great at defense but not terrible.

Yeah, I trust our coaching staff over rando KU message board guy

4 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Got to think Liam is the first domino to fall.  If that happens, and hopefully sooner rather than later it allows the staff to sell what they are trying to build to Fland, Queen and others.  Got to think Liam helps lure Fland, Queen and others.  

I would hope the staff is reminding guys like McNeeley that the portal also provides arguably better talent and leadership than committing entirely to a freshman heavy 24’ class. So even if we miss out on a couple guys, getting like 2-3 of Liam/Queen/Givens/Fland/Boateng is enough to create a solid foundation for our staff to identify the biggest needs in the off-season and fill that with quality talent. 

It’s pretty clear between the immediate eligibility with the portal and our NIL $ that we wouldn’t be lying when we say we can completely reconstruct the roster for next year. 

Just obviously need a couple to take that leap of faith.

Edited by Hoosierdave

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Yes they did...

And when they think they're out of the running, they pull the old Kentucky stuff... "he ain't that good." 

Old Kentucky stuff? Go back and read the threads here on the last few whiffs. Every school does it, even ours. "we stopped recruiting him for better players". "Bigger fish to get"

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Old Kentucky stuff? Go back and read the threads here on the last few whiffs. Every school does it, even ours. "we stopped recruiting him for better players". "Bigger fish to get"

there is a reason fan is short for fanatic.  

Obviously our team doesn't lose out on anyone they truly want.

Edited by iuswingman
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I did... and I don't see anything close to what I posted this morning...

There's a difference between moving on for whatever reason and an "insider" trashing a kids talent when they're actually (if the reports are to be believed) still in the race but the perception is they're behind... 

Don't you think? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

Every fan base does this but I see a lot of our fans think if we miss out on a recruit then the coaches did something wrong.

Edited by IU Scott

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Every fan base do this but I see a lot of our fans think if we miss out on a recruit then the coaches did something wrong.

THats part of it being paid millions, if you praise them for being great recruiters then its fair to give them shit when they swing and miss.

18 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Yeah, tell me again about getting a guy NBA ready...you would be hard pressed to find more than a handful of guys currently coaching in college who could come close to just that endorsement alone.