2024 F Liam McNeeley Decommits from Indiana

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:

dont want to turn this into a queen thread, but i dont know if you can say that yet. I think Queen is a better rated recruit than TJD was.

Queen is a very good player but he likely wouldn't be at good as a freshman as TJD was during Woodson's time at IU were TJD had 2 years of experience. JD wasn't surrounded by players like McNeely and others that the staff is trying to bring in. So the situation of having to play through the center position doesn't make as much sense as it did with TJD's teams. That was the point I was trying to make that I didn't phrase well.

Back to McNeely, I think he is the key to landing a great class. The first domino. I think IU's chances at players like Queen and Fland greatly improve if they can play with him. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

Queen isn't an All-American in college like TJD was under Woodson. TJD also didn't have 4 good shooters around him so the offense made sense to start with him. Woodson can still have an inside player as long as he has 4 players than can extend the floor to have the offense he wants and he's trying to recruit those types. Queen already shows signs of being a really good passer, which helps.

Queen is way more polished than a sophomore or even jr. TJD. He has great hands, can pass, shoots it very well(even out to the perimeter). The biggest difference is defense. Not as athletic but the kid has a wide body. Liam I think will be a Hoosier. Oh and his mom isn’t bad to look at. 

Edited by Victobmyboy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Liam's retweet, on his account. 

Has 172,000 views so far.

I also read the Kansas visit was underwhelming, and that Kansas' true goal was to build a relationship with Montverde Academy.  Don't know if credible, or even how that would work.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F5TXANBXQAA6zVG?format=jpg&name=small

They are trying to encroach on our pipeline without actually wanting the player from the school?

That seems rather odd.

Hopefully Liam commits soon and gets the ball rolling for DQ and others.

• Like 2