2024 F Liam McNeeley Decommits from Indiana

• 2 weeks later...

ANOTHER very good article by the same SI writer about McNeeley. 

It says Liam talks to JHS and Malik about their Indiana experiences.  He wants an NBA system.  He would enjoy being on the same team as Derik Queen in college.  They're not a package deal, just best friends.

Is he an IU lean?  Will both he and Derik commit to IU?  That remains to be seen, but there are some encouraging quotes here.

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/basketball/catching-up-with-5-star-prospect-liam-mcneeley-indiana-basketball-recruiting

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

a lot of people believe this is an Indiana/Texas battle. 

I just read somewhere that if Cam Scott commits to Texas, which he did an hour ago, that it should be more favorable for IU. Cam Scott is listed as a 6-5 SG. So I personally am not sure how that effects the recruiting battle.

Take it for what it's worth.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I understand @coachss saying a few months. My thought is these recruits are wanting to see what IU looks like without the offense running through TJD.

I doubt that because the signing period is in November so they won't have a chance to see the team play before signing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

If it’s true…the more contribution the better but in the recruiting world concrete info is hard to come by. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Hi DG!  I totally agree.  It's speculation.

We've all seen IU leans evaporate, and other players sign with us out of the blue.

It's still better than Purdue guys coming over here to argue about Purdue.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Hi DG!  I totally agree.  It's speculation.

We've all seen IU leans evaporate, and other players sign with us out of the blue.

It's still better than Purdue guys coming over here to argue about Purdue.

Absolutely…with the new NIL era it’s almost impossible to predict with certainty where a kid will go anymore. I’m happy we are making good inroads though.

• Like 1