2024 F Liam McNeeley Decommits from Indiana

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Getting him in campus or a commitment?

https://247sports.com/Article/Liam-McNeeley-Texas-Longhorns-Indiana-Hoosiers-Alabama-Montverde-210372611/Amp/

The staff is pushing for him to return for another official visit according to the article. I think it’s a strong possibility as he mentioned he doesn’t have anything scheduled yet. 

Dont want to jump to conclusions but IU being the only school he’s looking to visit a second time means he may want to return just to make sure he’s comfortable and ready to commit. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

https://247sports.com/Article/Liam-McNeeley-Texas-Longhorns-Indiana-Hoosiers-Alabama-Montverde-210372611/Amp/

The staff is pushing for him to return for another official visit according to the article. I think it’s a strong possibility as he mentioned he doesn’t have anything scheduled yet. 

Dont want to jump to conclusions but IU being the only school he’s looking to visit a second time means he may want to return just to make sure he’s comfortable and ready to commit. 

I mean it’s IU vs Texas and IU has the momentum so anything is possible. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

this would be a huge get.  Florida is a huge recruiting ground and not just for Basketball.  Winning here in a major sport can have a ripple effect

He is actually from Texas but plays at Montverde which in Florida.  We already have a good connection there

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

National top-10 class of 2024 prospect Liam McNeeley will take another visit to Indiana this fall.

6-foot-7 wing ranked No. 8 nationally in the 2024 class.  As most already know, he plays for Montverde in Florida, same school as JHS.

Shown here with fellow Montverde recruit Derik Queen.

Some say Texas leads, but with our coaching staff, I like our chances with both players.  (Just my opinion.  I am not an insider.)

hsn liam.JPG

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Madison22 said:

National top-10 class of 2024 prospect Liam McNeeley will take another visit to Indiana this fall.

6-foot-7 wing ranked No. 8 nationally in the 2024 class.  As most already know, he plays for Montverde in Florida, same school as JHS.

Shown here with fellow Montverde recruit Derik Queen.

Some say Texas leads, but with our coaching staff, I like our chances with both players.  (Just my opinion.  I am not an insider.)

hsn liam.JPG

Would love getting both of these guys. Anybody else would be gravy.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

I would still like to get a guard but yea, that would be an awesome start.

We will still have some guards for the next couple of years. The quantity and quality of our bigs will take a hit. If we can reload with Derik and Liam, we will keep keep the Monteverde pipeline open and inevitably get a guard and/ or wing to go along with them. 

• Like 1