2024 F Liam McNeeley Decommits from Indiana

22 minutes ago, rico said:

How many of you Spicoli fans out there still sport the black and white checkerboard Vans?  

I was a sophomore at Martinsville High School when that movie came out in 1982.....Never owned a pair, but absolutely loved the movie, his character and have it on DVD. A friend of mine, I graduated with at Martinsville was a Spicoli clone! He looked like him, wore the checkered vans, the baja/poncho hoodie and talked just like him too. He smoked quite a bit of pot, but was amazingly a straight "A" student! 😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

I was a sophomore at Martinsville High School when that movie came out in 1982.....Never owned a pair, but absolutely loved the movie, his character and have it on DVD. A friend of mine, I graduated with at Martinsville was a Spicoli clone! He looked like him, wore the checkered vans, the baja/poncho hoodie and talked just like him too. He smoked quite a bit of pot, but was amazingly a straight "A" student! 😂

Did he clash with Mr Babbitt? 😁

Edited by IUFLA

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Was Mr Lipps at the high school when you were there? My college roommates went to Martinsville 

Wow, blast from the past....

Mr. Lipps, (his real first name was Richard.....lol, seriously!)....anyway he a teacher at West Middle School when I was in 6th through 8th. I think he moved to the high school later though. I sort if think he may have been my driver's ed teacher at the HS. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Wow, blast from the past....

Mr. Lipps, (his real first name was Richard.....lol, seriously!)....anyway he a teacher at West Middle School when I was in 6th through 8th. I think he moved to the high school later though. I sort if think he may have been my driver's ed teacher at the HS. 

Awesome,  I knew his name was Richard and did not believe that until my roommates introduced me to him.

13 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Hilarious! Not real sure. I did have Mrs. Babbitt for math at West Middle school. I always thought she was mean….

Mr Babbitt was kinda mean himself...

I had him for a history class when I was a junior. He was the tennis coach, and was always bragging how had he could swing a paddle due to his tennis skills.

The class was 40 minutes before you broke for lunch, and the after lunch you had to come back to his class for 10 minutes before continuing to your next class. 

So, one day he had his paddle out swinging it around right before lunch. He said if anyone would take a whack from him, they didn't have to come back from lunch...

So, being cheap and easy at an early age, I took him up on it...

He was all talk... I'd had much harder whacks from other teachers... 🙂

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

When I was at Bloomington North, the baseball coach's name was Richard Hurt.

37 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

My vasectomy was performed by Dr Richard Tapper

Mt Horeb, Wisconsin (near me) has an auctioneer named Richard Lust.

I'm sure none of his friends have ever made a single joke.

Edit:  I can't believe I celebrated my 700th post with this.

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2