2024 F Liam McNeeley Decommits from Indiana

I think we will land McNeely and also have a good feeling about Fland. Besides that it is hard to get a feel on the rest of the class. I know right now with Queen it seems to be between us and  Maryland but with how his summer has gone I wonder if that could change.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think we will land McNeely and also have a good feeling about Fland. Besides that it is hard to get a feel on the rest of the class. I know right now with Queen it seems to be between us and  Maryland but with how his summer has gone I wonder if that could change.

Landing those two would be incredible. I felt good about Newell for a bit, but I’m not as confident there of late. No inside info…just a gut feeling. 

44 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/class-of-2024-5-star-forward-liam-mcneeley-will-make-return-visit-to-iu-basketball/

According to the article he plans to visit September 8-10. Not sure if he’s made any other visit dates or if Queen is joining him. 

I like this part:

“The coaching staff, their energy at practice was so intense.  They were all over the players and it was intense.  It was a really good experience, and Assembly Hall is so big, it’s crazy.  The fans are crazy too, and that’s not the same with every school that’s recruiting me right now.”

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

https://www.si.com/nba/draft/newsfeed/liam-mcneeley-exclusive-draft-digest

Good read about Liam and his family but according to this article, Liam isn’t making a decision until end of the year. So don’t get your hopes up of a commitment during his visit :(

7DF24167-1499-4EA8-8F1A-44D259FD334A.png

I took it as not at the end of the year but by the end of the year. 

19 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

I took it as not at the end of the year but by the end of the year. 

Maybe I misunderstood but I thought he was suggesting he would have a decision made at by late December (latest) but wanted a chance to watch teams play for a bit before making his choice. 

That said, he continues to like tweets about us being the favorite so I think that’s a good indication of where this recruitment stands. Recruiting is fluid so who knows, maybe the staff blows him away on his visit and leaves no doubts in his mind.

486E204A-3969-4ED2-B5F7-1157F9322E1F.png

• Like 2

kid might miss out on a school he really liked. If you are a staff do you tell another kid at his spot no? Its his life, I get it and he is a great talent but do you put all your eggs in his basket because he wants to wait it out until the end of the year? It would be hard for me to tell the 20th ranked kid no because you are waiting on one kid. Or you take a kid at his position and he crosses you off. Recruiting is a crap shoot anymore.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Indykev said:

kid might miss out on a school he really liked. If you are a staff do you tell another kid at his spot no? Its his life, I get it and he is a great talent but do you put all your eggs in his basket because he wants to wait it out until the end of the year? It would be hard for me to tell the 20th ranked kid no because you are waiting on one kid. Or you take a kid at his position and he crosses you off. Recruiting is a crap shoot anymore.

My gut says a kid this high will always have a place almost regardless. They’ll find a way to make room. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Indykev said:

Simple. We'll take both please! I'm conservative by nature but give me the 20th today if he really wants us. There's ways to present things to others in how we can make both players work together as a compliment to each talents but if I had to choose? I'll take 20 right now vs waiting.

Call it the Bruce Weber idiotic approach to recruiting. The whole world new Gordon was flipping....but he missed out on Moore and others if he would have played his cards right.

• Like 1