2024 F Liam McNeeley Decommits from Indiana

Just now, IU Scott said:

Yes it is and even RMK missed on recruits, remember Eric Montross

Scott my point is stop praising the staff for doing their jobs if you can't give them grief for missing. Like we did with guards all summer long. You cant have it both ways. Great job to the staff for getting that kid here...oh well the staff did all they could, but the kid went else where.

I'm happy with the job Woody is doing love it. Just tired of reading fans saying how we just stop recruiting top 40 players while we have no one signed. Not buying that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BADGERVOL said:

He missed a lot of recruits but landed a lot but dang it Eric turned out to be a massive miss.

I think if IU wouldn’t have fired Knight when they did, Sean May probably would and stayed home and not gone to UNC. Knight all but told Scott and Sean not to go to IU and play for Mike Davis….

Edited by Artesian_86

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/i-ve-got-five-on-it-players-who-could-be-closing-in-on-commitments

TEAM TO WATCH: INDIANA

In another example of canceled visits telling a story, McNeeley recently squashed his plans for a Sept. 23 official visit to Texas. The news of the cancellation excited Indiana fans, as the frontrunning Hoosiers have been attempting to hold off the Longhorns down the stretch.

Mike Woodson and his staff can now relax a little bit when it comes to UT’s involvement, but it’s less than ideal that Kansas seems to be the last remaining threat based on how the Jayhawks have been recruiting of late. That said, McNeeley’s relationship with the IU staff is strong and longstanding.

A quick close by KU would be not only a shock but a crushing blow to the Hoosiers’ class. Indiana fans should feel confident … well, as confident as anyone can feel with Bill Self hanging around, anyway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1