HSN Fantasy Football

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Will be interesting to see where Michel goes.  Backup for Barkley in NY?  Or, does he go somewhere like Atlanta seeking a bigger role?  Is KC unrealistic?

He is a solid veteran…hard to say. I doubt KC as they may cut Ronald Jones they feel so good about their situation I could see the Giants…heck I could see back in LA with the news that Akers is still not up to speed and might not be ready for week 1.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, KDB said:

Figured you might like the Bengals stack action I have in our league. Burrow, Higgins, and Hurst. Don't think I have Burrow or Higgins anywhere else. How good do you think Hurst will be this year? I love him late in best ball drafts.

I really have no idea on Hurst since we saw nothing from the Bengals starters in the preseason.  It would not surprise me if he gets heavy usage early on to soften up the defense on the wideouts.  He's definitely number 4 on the target list, but teh good news is that the Bengals don't really have a #4 receiver that warrants getting the ball, and while Mixon is capable out of the backfield, he's not Kamara or Ekeler.

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Will be interesting to see where Michel goes.  Backup for Barkley in NY?  Or, does he go somewhere like Atlanta seeking a bigger role?  Is KC unrealistic?

If I were guessing today he'll be an Eagle....but with what happened to Brian Robinson Washington might make sense too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, dgambill said:

Well this league also has fewer starters…most leagues have 3 wr and 2 flex and sometime a 2nd qb. So more spots are needed. To me if you are going to handcuff then you basically have no bench for the bye weeks. You have only 5 bench spots. I backup te, 1 back up qb, leaving 3 spots. If you handcuff both your running backs then you only have 1 bench spot. If you handcuff then both those guys are out on their bye…so you really start to struggle to have a back up. This isn’t to say if you want to carry a second defense. So yeah it makes very hard to decide if you are going to handcuff or not. Some guys I just wouldn’t do it…as their backup I don’t think will be good enough to bring value….while some have an injury history and a quality backup that I wouldn’t draft without like Zeke and Pollard or Cooks and Mattison or Akers and Henderson. So anyways to me handcuffing is almost impossible in our league where as in other deeper leagues with more draft spots it’s an absolute.

I've never played in a league with 3 WR, 2 flex and a 2nd QB. I would definitely not say most leagues are that way....

And the rest of your post you're basically complaining about more strategy involved throughout the year, which seems like a good thing. I'm in a dynasty league with massive benches and it sucks because there is no roster movement ever. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

If I were guessing today he'll be an Eagle....but with what happened to Brian Robinson Washington might make sense too. 

Eagles make sense.  Forgot about them.  But, the Giants would be stupid to not make contact.  Otherwise, with no receivers that can stay healthy, Barkley is looking at a massive workload, both on the ground and as a receiver.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Why the Eagles? They already have three backs they like to get involved, I can't imagine bringing in a fourth that doesn't play ST. 

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

34 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Why the Eagles? They already have three backs they like to get involved, I can't imagine bringing in a fourth that doesn't play ST. 

Pittsburgh just popped into my head.  Najee nursing a little bit of a foot injury and has an excessive workload like it is.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Pittsburgh just popped into my head.  Najee nursing a little bit of a foot injury and has an excessive workload like it is.

I could see Pittsburgh, they could use a better option behind Harris.

But I have him in a different redraft league, so I hope they run him into the ground and he is a top 3 back this year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I've never played in a league with 3 WR, 2 flex and a 2nd QB. I would definitely not say most leagues are that way....

And the rest of your post you're basically complaining about more strategy involved throughout the year, which seems like a good thing. I'm in a dynasty league with massive benches and it sucks because there is no roster movement ever. 

Isn’t that where the trades come in? My dynasty leagues have trades every week and even during the offseason. Lots of movement because people are forced to interact…private messages etc. Yeah sorry if I was complaining…I just like doing the work during the draft to scout out and try to find hidden gems and stash them. With a smaller roster you can’t do that so by the time you need someone they are usually already picked up because they broke out or someone blocks you from getting them. All it does is add strategy and work during the draft more so then waiting til everyone can see these guys playing well during the year and there is no strategy of then dropping a poor player to pick up a break out guy. I just prefer the bigger rosters and trying to dig into the rookies and unproven guys and trying to predict who will break out later.

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Eagles make sense.  Forgot about them.  But, the Giants would be stupid to not make contact.  Otherwise, with no receivers that can stay healthy, Barkley is looking at a massive workload, both on the ground and as a receiver.  

I imagine it would be somebody’s system he is already familiar with…like McDaniels in Vegas, Mcvay in LA, maybe Minnesota with Kevin O’Connell, maybe back in NE. Seems that happens a lot or at least with a team that runs a similar run scheme.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Both leagues, anyone on my teams are trade bait. missed the first 4 rounds in the champ league and it was the first draft for the computer, by how it drafted for me. open to all offers.

Made you an offer. Won’t offend me if you don’t like it. Feel free to counter…can’t hurt to see if we can help each other.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Both leagues, anyone on my teams are trade bait. missed the first 4 rounds in the champ league and it was the first draft for the computer, by how it drafted for me. open to all offers.

Now I understand why you offered me a trade 5 minutes after the draft was over!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Unfortunately, in the Champions League, the one thing I would like (a better RB 2), you don't have.

On my other team, I'm not ready to tinker with it just yet.  Pretty happy with how that one turned out, despite the Yahoo analysis that ripped it apart.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Unfortunately, in the Champions League, the one thing I would like (a better RB 2), you don't have.

On my other team, I'm not ready to tinker with it just yet.  Pretty happy with how that one turned out, despite the Yahoo analysis that ripped it apart.

You don’t think Singletary is going to break out?

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

You don’t think Singletary is going to break out?

I'm counting on him being consistent for 10-12 points each week.  But, I'm concerned about Cook taking most of the RB passing targets.  And, Allen will get the bulk of the goal line work.  So, Singletary's ceiling is capped.  Don't forsee him ever giving me 25 in a week. 

Jacobs has a better situation to give me the huge week, but he could get shuffled to the back of a 3-way committee as well 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm counting on him being consistent for 10-12 points each week.  But, I'm concerned about Cook taking most of the RB passing targets.  And, Allen will get the bulk of the goal line work.  So, Singletary's ceiling is capped.  Don't forsee him ever giving me 25 in a week. 

Jacobs has a better situation to give me the huge week, but he could get shuffled to the back of a 3-way committee as well 

Wow…I’d be shocked if my rb2 gave me 25…I’d be happy with a consistent 15. I will agree I am not sold on Bills backfield….very much a committee. I don’t care for any of the AFC East backfields for that reason. Much prefer AFC South and North with their bell cows mostly. It’s getting much more difficult. Easier sometimes to just go WR heavy and draft a bunch of different backfields and kinda stream them each week. That said I drafted rb like 3 of first 5 rds. On my board they were the top players available even over the receivers that were there. I drafted 9 and had Mixon as #5 overall ranked and had Williams as #10 overall player so I went with them both. Came back later and Dillion was a huge value pick still later and it was impossible for me to pass him up. Think he will put up rb1 numbers for me or at worst will be a great trade chip. Green Bay is going to be very run heavy this year.

Edited by dgambill