HSN Fantasy Football

10 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

@Indykevfor real homie? 

LOL. Dude I sent so many out i dont even remember what it was. But you counter with a guy that has a hernia and is out. So for real homie all you want....LMAO. By the way my first offer is usually a feeler. Dgambill and i went back and fourth 3 or 4 times before we hit on something.

3 hours ago, Indykev said:

LOL. Dude I sent so many out i dont even remember what it was. But you counter with a guy that has a hernia and is out. So for real homie all you want....LMAO. By the way my first offer is usually a feeler. Dgambill and i went back and fourth 3 or 4 times before we hit on something.

My teams must suck if Trader Joe here is making so many offers he doesn't remember and I didn't get a single one.  And, we're in both leagues together.  :coffee:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Indykev said:

Yes you give me crap offers I counter with crap offers. 

30 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I want to say Robinson was awful last night, but I'm not sure if he was actually awful or Stafford just refuses to throw to anyone not named Kupp. 

I'm going to take the not overreact approach to week 1 and give it some time. With that said....those of us who have Stafford, ARob, Akers,etc.....aren't waking up in a good mood today. Especially if you are facing Allen/Diggs...who by the way until their 4th quarter their numbers were pedestrian as well. 

Weird game. It's not like the Bills secondary is some shutdown unit. Stafford/Rams/playcalling just seemed off all night.

45 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm going to take the not overreact approach to week 1 and give it some time. With that said....those of us who have Stafford, ARob, Akers,etc.....aren't waking up in a good mood today. Especially if you are facing Allen/Diggs...who by the way until their 4th quarter their numbers were pedestrian as well. 

Weird game. It's not like the Bills secondary is some shutdown unit. Stafford/Rams/playcalling just seemed off all night.

Numbers don't tell the story on Allen prior to the fourth... He was absurdly good all night - started 14/15 and the incompletion was the INT that hit his receiver in the numbers. He looked like the best QB in the NFL, not just in fantasy. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Numbers don't tell the story on Allen prior to the fourth... He was absurdly good all night - started 14/15 and the incompletion was the INT that hit his receiver in the numbers. He looked like the best QB in the NFL, not just in fantasy. 

Oh I agree. Just saying as bad as the Rams played it was 17-10....1 score game at end of 3rd quarter. Scary  part is that if Allen didn't have some drops (Cook, McKenzie) they could have put 50 up last night.

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Oh I agree. Just saying as bad as the Rams played it was 17-10....1 score game at end of 3rd quarter. Scary  part is that if Allen didn't have some drops (Cook, McKenzie) they could have put 50 up last night.

They look like the Super Bowl favorite IMO. Decisive Week 1 victory against the defending champs and still a ton of room for improvement. They could be absolutely terrifying when they are clicking on all cylinders. 

• Like 1

Just now, iuswingman said:

That's a little too dependent on one team.   Talk about a lot of eggs in one basket.

Yep...I've seen it work though. Saints w/Brees, Brady/Patriots...Moss years, Mahomes,etc....

I'm with you for the most part I don't like putting that much into one team but Akers fell to him in late 4th, ARob in 6th, and Stafford in 9th. On paper and possibly next week those players should produce good points for where they were drafted. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep...I've seen it work though. Saints w/Brees, Brady/Patriots...Moss years, Mahomes,etc....

I'm with you for the most part I don't like putting that much into one team but Akers fell to him in late 4th, ARob in 6th, and Stafford in 9th. On paper and possibly next week those players should produce good points for where they were drafted. 

Lucky the team that gets him on their bye week.

There's a colts fan in my other league that is a keeper league and he collects all the colts players.  Pittman, Taylor, Woods, Pierce, and DEF.  Too bad I don't get him on the Colts bye week lol.  Of course, woods and pierce are bench warmers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Are any of those really falling? That seems about like where their ADP was in most leagues. 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Are any of those really falling? That seems about like where their ADP was in most leagues. 

My issue would be that they all would have the same bye week.  Plus, you are really tied to how one team does on offense for that particular week and thus more likely to have more peaks and valleys for your fantasy team performance.

14 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

My issue would be that they all would have the same bye week.  Plus, you are really tied to how one team does on offense for that particular week and thus more likely to have more peaks and valleys for your fantasy team performance.

He told me Rams playoff schedule was deciding factor. Raiders, Broncos, Packers, Chargers....teams that should allow for some points.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 4:19 PM, 5fouls said:

So, how does everyone handle when your key guy on one team is a key guy for your opponent in another league?

Obviously, the league with the most at stake (money, playoff implications, etc) would take precedent, but what if the stakes are the same?

Yes, as fate would have it, my QB in the HSN Champions League (R. Wilson) is my opponent's QB in the other HSN league.  No money, and playoff considerations are well down the road.  But, it's not a spot I'm going to swap out to another player either. 

Do I hope Russ goes off?  Do I hope he sucks?  Do I hope he does middle of the road, which opens me up for losing both, and with my luck, probably each by a point or less?  

And, since this is my Week 1 matchup, it's going to happen again later in the season.

:panic:

Does worrying change anything? Russ will do what Russ does. All you can do is draft well and after that with the exception of a few flex changes and maybe bye weeks you really can’t change your lineup. Just play him and hope he does well enough to help you win your game on your team but your other qb goes off against him in the league you face him. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I feel for anyone taking Robinson or Akers. After last year I’m just out on Robinson and I saw nothing last night that changed my mind. Akers after his Achilles looks like he lost his burst. The Rams backfield looks pretty bad. Mcvey system should be good for running backs but I’m out on that committee.

The Allen/Diggs and Allen/Davis stack paid great for me. I couldn’t get it in my HSN league but have a ton of shares of it. My prediction…Davis ends up with 15 TDS this year. Going to turn into a red zone Mike Evans.

Edited by dgambill

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Worked for me with Bucs last year for most of the year. Brady, Evans, Gronk, Goodwin, Fournette, heck even Antonio Brown before getting injured all were producing well enough to start 3-4 of them the same week. But yes 1 bad week in the playoffs would doom you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I feel for anyone taking Robinson or Akers. After last year I’m just out on Robinson and I saw nothing last night that changed my mind. Akers after his Achilles looks like he lost his burst. The Rams backfield looks pretty bad. Mcvey system should be good for running backs but I’m out on that committee.

The Allen/Diggs and Allen/Davis stack paid great for me. I couldn’t get it in my HSN league but have a ton of shares of it. My prediction…Davis ends up with 15 TDS this year. Going to turn into a red zone Mike Evans.

Hit a few with both Allen/Diggs and Allen/Davis as well.....with the latter being an underpriced option on Fanduel as well as Mckenzie too. 

We'll see on Akers and ARob. Going to take more than 1 game for me to shy away from a Rams offense that put up so much last year. ARob hasn't had a QB in years so I'll be patient with him.....but all the Van Jefferson targets that were supposed to go his way went to Higbee instead. Weird game for all of the Rams.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hit a few with both Allen/Diggs and Allen/Davis as well.....with the latter being an underpriced option on Fanduel as well as Mckenzie too. 

We'll see on Akers and ARob. Going to take more than 1 game for me to shy away from a Rams offense that put up so much last year. ARob hasn't had a QB in years so I'll be patient with him.....but all the Van Jefferson targets that were supposed to go his way went to Higbee instead. Weird game for all of the Rams.

I look at the Rams as overpriced…same with the Cowboy players….issue isn’t 100% the players but the fact that both OLs have huge huge issues…and that is going to be a weight on them all season.

• Like 1