-
-
-
-
-
-

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a heads up gang. CMC didn't practice for 2nd straight day. No clue if something is up but usually it is with him. Foreman or Chuba are choices. I'm adding Foreman in leagues where I can...but not all because I have other handcuffs or reserves that are better.

I have him in my ESPN league.  McCaffrey and Montgomery are/were my starting RBs.  Was able to snag Herbert off waivers in that league, so good there.  Now, just have to decide who to play if CMC cannot go.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a heads up gang. CMC didn't practice for 2nd straight day. No clue if something is up but usually it is with him. Foreman or Chuba are choices. I'm adding Foreman in leagues where I can...but not all because I have other handcuffs or reserves that are better.

I had Chuba but dropped him last week but just re added him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I had Chuba but dropped him last week but just re added him

It's weird. I had Chuba before....but Foreman got the touches last week. No clue. It's a guess at this point. I'm just covering my options in leagues with deeper benches. I can't add any of them in a couple leagues just because of injuries,etc...

26 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I have him in my ESPN league.  McCaffrey and Montgomery are/were my starting RBs.  Was able to snag Herbert off waivers in that league, so good there.  Now, just have to decide who to play if CMC cannot go.  

Lucky that Herbert was still available! I have one guy in another league that hit the mother load on my handcuffing strategy. This week he chooses from Wilson, Williams, Herbert or Ingram if Kamara can't go...

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It's weird. I had Chuba before....but Foreman got the touches last week. No clue. It's a guess at this point. I'm just covering my options in leagues with deeper benches. I can't add any of them in a couple leagues just because of injuries,etc...

Lucky that Herbert was still available! I have one guy in another league that hit the mother load on my handcuffing strategy. This week he chooses from Wilson, Williams, Herbert or Ingram if Kamara can't go...

Last year I waa stacked with handcuffs that won the league for me

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

There really hasn’t been a handcuff for Mccaffrey. Chubba typically gets you 8-10 pts if lucky. I would just use a different backfield than Carolina if I had him this year. I bet Foreman gets goal line work and Chubba gets 3rd down and pass catching….and neither will be worth rostering probably. It’s why some backs are so special there are no handcuffs. Like Taylor in Indy…Hines wouldn’t get all that work. The special ones are special for a reason. Takes multiple players to do what they do.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, rico said:

So how long is Bridgewater gonna be the Phins' starting QB?

We'll see how this all plays out but I'm not in the overreaction crowd. Tua was alert, all movement and flew back with team last night. Now his injury might cause the NFL to take a long look at Thursday Night Football....but I'm not going to bash a procedure that works for every other NFL team and has for years for this one instance.

I'm not going to blame the victim here either but where does the players responsibility lie in this as well? Brees was on DP yesterday saying he played past injuries, didn't tell people about injuries his entire career?

To answer your question though. I think Tua will be starting his next game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

We'll see how this all plays out but I'm not in the overreaction crowd. Tua was alert, all movement and flew back with team last night. Now his injury might cause the NFL to take a long look at Thursday Night Football....but I'm not going to bash a procedure that works for every other NFL team and has for years for this one instance.

I'm not going to blame the victim here either but where does the players responsibility lie in this as well? Brees was on DP yesterday saying he played past injuries, didn't tell people about injuries his entire career?

To answer your question though. I think Tua will be starting his next game. 

Nope, 2 concussions in back to back games. He sits a week or two minimum. They won't risk the future or shouldn't. I know he came back in the first game, but the dude got up and fell down because he couldn't stand. Thats head trauma. No way he should have went back in. Thats why the 2nd looked so bad.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Nope, 2 concussions in back to back games. He sits a week or two minimum. They won't risk the future or shouldn't. I know he came back in the first game, but the dude got up and fell down because he couldn't stand. Thats head trauma. No way he should have went back in. Thats why the 2nd looked so bad.

I get all of that for sure. I'm just going to trust the trauma 1 Dr's that released him in Cincy last night so quickly over the twitter physicians. 

I could also envision a scenario where he absolutely plays because that would downplay the decision to have him back out there in 4 days. They could say look the same way he passed the protocols in place last time he's done that again so he's good to go. 

It won't matter though. Something will happen on Sunday in other games and the shield moves on.

• Like 2

I'm not sure there is a scenario where the NFL/Dolphins can allow Tua to play in the next game.  Even if the Doctors clear him, the public outcry and the potential liability should something even more serious happen would have be massive.  

People are simply not going to unsee what they saw his hands do last night when he went down.  90% of the country already believed the Dolphins were covering up a concussion from Sunday.  And, whether what happened last night had anything to do with Sunday is a moot point.  That's two significant head trauma events in 4 days. 

He needs time off for further testing.  The NFL/Dolphins can't be wrong a second time on this.  

• Like 4

He absolutely should sit…and he is my qb in a few leagues. The issue isn’t that he can pass a health check and say I’m ok. You protect him from himself. He absolutely had a concussion in the Bills game…saw it during the game and I was like crap he is out for two weeks knowing they had TNF coming up.

You absolutely are more susceptible to another concussion after having one so recently. The protocols are bogus and the league knows it. If your HS kid had a concussion from football they absolutely would not be cleared to play for weeks no matter if the symptoms are gone out of abundance of caution. Why not Tua? I’m not sure id let him play at least a month after a confirmed concussion. Him or any other player. Head trauma is nothing to laugh about. Another boxer died from head trauma. The league has to protect the players and the game itself. Concussion….immediate trip to IR…and 4 games. It’s a violent sport and it’s going to happen but no reason to let them back on the field. Probably should guarantee contracts too and maybe that might help as well. Owners can afford to eat some salary and can afford to expand rosters.

• Like 4

Just now, dgambill said:

He absolutely should sit…and he is my qb in a few leagues. The issue isn’t that he can pass a health check and say I’m ok. You protect him from himself. He absolutely had a concussion in the Bills game…saw it during the game and I was like crap he is out for two weeks knowing they had TNF coming up.

You absolutely are more susceptible to another concussion after having one so recently. The protocols are bogus and the league knows it. If your HS kid had a concussion from football they absolutely would not be cleared to play for weeks no matter if the symptoms are gone out of abundance of caution. Why not Tua? I’m not sure id let him play at least a month after a confirmed concussion. Him or any other player. Head traum8a is nothing to laugh about. Another boxer died from head trauma. The league has to protect the players and the game itself. Concussion….immediate trip to IR…and 4 games. It’s a violent sport and it’s going to happen but no reason to let them back on the field. Probably should guarantee contracts too and maybe that might help as well. Owners can afford to eat some salary and can afford to expand rosters.

That depends on the severity of the concussion and how long symptoms linger. 

We have had guys back the next week, most of them are back after sitting one week. We did have one this year (our only one so far,  knock on wood).. that lasted 3 weeks. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

If Tua passes protocol, and Tua agrees to it..  he should be playing next weekend. 

You clearly aren’t running a multi billion dollar industry. Neither am I…but you protect your investments…players and your leagues reputation. How many kids did you just lose next year after their moms saw that and heard they will just let guys go back out and play after a concussion? You want to continue to coach you should think about players health first and foremost. I know you love your players but you letting them back out after they say they are fine after a concussion? I hope not and is suspect not. As a coach and doctor you are responsible for your players and your patients..you have the right to keep them off the field…and an obligation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If Tua passes protocol, and Tua agrees to it..  he should be playing next weekend. 

He takes another hit like that in the short-term that and becomes a vegetable or worse, and the NFL as we know it will cease to exist in 10 years.  This was too public of an incident when there was already controversy surrounding him playing for it to be treated normally.  It just is.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That depends on the severity of the concussion and how long symptoms linger. 

We have had guys back the next week, most of them are back after sitting one week. We did have one this year (our only one so far,  knock on wood).. that lasted 3 weeks. 

Did they hide their symptoms? Hard to tell the severity…did they get a CT scan? I think the more we learn the more we need to ere on the side of caution with these head injuries. People make stupid choices all the time…people in authority need to step in and slow down the decision making and force people to think a little longer about jumping right back into this stuff. I played and I’ve had one…and I went right back in later in the game and honestly I wasn’t right and got rung again. I pray the long term effect isn’t severe with that decision…know many of my military friends have had too many to count…on top of all the other mental things they have to deal with….scary the amount of suicides and depression that runs through those guys.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He takes another hit like that in the short-term that and becomes a vegetable or worse, and the NFL as we know it will cease to exist in 10 years.  This was too public of an incident when there was already controversy surrounding him playing for it to be treated normally.  It just is.   

Agree.  I think it would be in the best interest of the NFL to sit Tua indefinitely until further tests are done.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Did they hide their symptoms? Hard to tell the severity…did they get a CT scan? I think the more we learn the more we need to ere on the side of caution with these head injuries. People make stupid choices all the time…people in authority need to step in and slow down the decision making and force people to think a little longer about jumping right back into this stuff. I played and I’ve had one…and I went right back in later in the game and honestly I wasn’t right and got rung again. I pray the long term effect isn’t severe with that decision…know many of my military friends have had too many to count…on top of all the other mental things they have to deal with….scary the amount of suicides and depression that runs through those guys.

Nope. Our kids didn't hide their symptoms. 

The definition of concussion is very loose, everyone reacts different, and the process of healing is different for everyone.