HSN Fantasy Football

17 hours ago, dgambill said:

There really hasn’t been a handcuff for Mccaffrey. Chubba typically gets you 8-10 pts if lucky. I would just use a different backfield than Carolina if I had him this year. I bet Foreman gets goal line work and Chubba gets 3rd down and pass catching….and neither will be worth rostering probably. It’s why some backs are so special there are no handcuffs. Like Taylor in Indy…Hines wouldn’t get all that work. The special ones are special for a reason. Takes multiple players to do what they do.

Hines is probably worth rostering, not because he is a handcuff but he is good for 8-10 as is now. You can do worse at flex in a pinch, then obviously if Taylor did go down there is incremental value there. 

• Like 3

I think it's perfectly fair to ask if Tua had not been concussed on Sunday, would the trauma he suffered last night have been as severe.  Simply put, if Sunday didn't exist, would last night's event been a simple trip to the blue tent on the sideline versus a trip to a Level 1 trauma center.  Sunday absolutely contributed to the severity of what we saw last night. Not sure how it can be argued otherwise.  And, that puts the NFL/Dolphins in a difficult place regarding when he should be allowed to play again. 

Frankly, Sunday was bad enough, you have to wonder if he had not been concussed recently at some point even before then.  We're assuming last night was #2, because of the eye-popping visuals of both.  But, these could have been incidents 2 and 3 or even 3 and 4 for all we know.     

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I think it's perfectly fair to ask if Tua had not been concussed on Sunday, would the trauma he suffered last night have been as severe.  Simply put, if Sunday didn't exist, would last night's event been a simple trip to the blue tent on the sideline versus a trip to a Level 1 trauma center.  Sunday absolutely contributed to the severity of what we saw last night. Not sure how it can be argued otherwise.  And, that puts the NFL/Dolphins in a difficult place regarding when he should be allowed to play again. 

Frankly, Sunday was bad enough, you have to wonder if he had not been concussed recently at some point even before then.  We're assuming last night was #2, because of the eye-popping visuals of both.  But, these could have been incidents 2 and 3 or even 3 and 4 for all we know.     

Good post, wrong thread I believe. 

The NFLPA is getting involved. DeMaurice Smith has stated that they are going to do an investigation into last week and last night, and whether the Dolphins were covering up a concussion. Both the team and the attending doctors are going to be under the microscope.

Regardless of when he is ready to play again, I can see these incidents becoming the impetus for further changes to the protocol process. Having a short turn around from a Sunday game to a Thursday game did not let the process play out completely. That can's happen again. 

Players are going to err on the side of playing. That's their livelihoods on the line. The decisions need to be taken out of the player's hands. The decisions need to be taken out of the coach's hands, as well as the team doctor's. The league can afford to hire doctors who are independent of any team to make these determinations.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Hines is probably worth rostering, not because he is a handcuff but he is good for 8-10 as is now. You can do worse at flex in a pinch, then obviously if Taylor did go down there is incremental value there. 

If you need 8-10 pts Hines has a very high floor…but his ceiling is also pretty capped. I have him in several leagues when I have an injury and just need solid points but if i need 15-20…I’m going with a boom or bust bench guy.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The NFLPA is getting involved. DeMaurice Smith has stated that they are going to do an investigation into last week and last night, and whether the Dolphins were covering up a concussion. Both the team and the attending doctors are going to be under the microscope.

Regardless of when he is ready to play again, I can see these incidents becoming the impetus for further changes to the protocol process. Having a short turn around from a Sunday game to a Thursday game did not let the process play out completely. That can's happen again. 

Players are going to err on the side of playing. That's their livelihoods on the line. The decisions need to be taken out of the player's hands. The decisions need to be taken out of the coach's hands, as well as the team doctor's. The league can afford to hire doctors who are independent of any team to make these determinations.

I think they are independent..but I think the timeline certainly needs lengthened to minimum being ruled out for a week and slowing down the players and evaluation process. I think you also need guarantees from the players sides too. Salaries etc…anyways I’m preparing for Tua to be out minimum next week and already hit the waiver wire…regardless if he thinks he can go he won’t be allowed to.

12 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

St. Brown and Montgomery officially ruled out.  Swift downgraded to doubtful.  McCaffrey being McCaffrey.  

Friday afternoon moves to consider with Lions moves. Assuming everyone will play Williams if they have him. DJ Chark will see significant more targets. Hockensen too. 

Patterson downgraded to Q so a chance for Tyler Allgeier to make his start. Could be worth a pickup if hit with injuries.

Montgomery officially out so fire up the Herbert play. Rain in forecast for Jersey too on Sunday. Could just be a running game.

Keep an eye on Carolina. Same game...other side. Dortch is a guy I love and have had on multiple teams. Good for another 8-10 targets with AJ Green out.

Broncos backfield. Gordon has been listed as Q all week.....but if he doesn't play Javonte Williams is in line for huge week.

I know there are others I'm missing. Good luck to everyone this weekend! 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Friday afternoon moves to consider with Lions moves. Assuming everyone will play Williams if they have him. DJ Chark will see significant more targets. Hockensen too. 

Patterson downgraded to Q so a chance for Tyler Allgeier to make his start. Could be worth a pickup if hit with injuries.

Montgomery officially out so fire up the Herbert play. Rain in forecast for Jersey too on Sunday. Could just be a running game.

Keep an eye on Carolina. Same game...other side. Dortch is a guy I love and have had on multiple teams. Good for another 8-10 targets with AJ Green out.

Broncos backfield. Gordon has been listed as Q all week.....but if he doesn't play Javonte Williams is in line for huge week.

I have played Dortch the past 3 weeks. Can't decide to roll with him or Hall from the Jets in my flex position 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have played Dortch the past 3 weeks. Can't decide to roll with him or Hall from the Jets in my flex position 

With AJ Green now out I'm all in on Dortch. I was still going to play him but with Green out even more. Trying to figure out my fanduel stuff. When you have guys that are cheap like Dortch, Kirk, Doubs, Chark....couple others I might be able to afford a couple of stud RB's this week.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I originally had Willians as a handcuff to Swift in HSN#2.  But, this past weekend, I needed to pick up a TE since Schultz was going to be out.  And, the Cowboys playing Monday night hindered me because they did not rule him out in time for me to move him to IR.   So, I needed to pick up a TE on Sunday.

I did not want to drop anyone on my roster, but I had the #1 waiver position, so I had this 'brilliant' idea.  Swift was on target to play last Sunday (which he did before getting hurt again) and I determined I wasn't going to play Williams then anyway.  So I figured I would drop Willians for last week's games in order to pick up Gerald Everett for TE, and just use my #1 waiver claim position to pick him back up this week.  I had first dibs on all waivers.

Brilliant.  Right?  Only problem was that I did not realize Yahoo would not let me claim a player that I personally put on waivers.  My waiver priority did not matter.  Needless to say, someone else scooped him up and I look like a dumbass.  And, now this week, I don't have Swift or Williams.      

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I originally had Willians as a handcuff to Swift in HSN#2.  But, this past weekend, I needed to pick up a TE since Schultz was going to be out.  And, the Cowboys playing Monday night hindered me because they did not rule him out in time for me to move him to IR.   So, I needed to pick up a TE on Sunday.

I did not want to drop anyone on my roster, but I had the #1 waiver position, so I had this 'brilliant' idea.  Swift was on target to play last Sunday (which he did before getting hurt again) and I determined I wasn't going to play Williams then anyway.  So I figured I would drop Willians for last week's games in order to pick up Gerald Everett for TE, and just use my #1 waiver claim position to pick him back up this week.  I had first dibs on all waivers.

Brilliant.  Right?  Only problem was that I did not realize Yahoo would not let me claim a player that I personally put on waivers.  My waiver priority did not matter.  Needless to say, someone else scooped him up and I look like a dumbass.  And, now this week, I don't have Swift or Williams.      

Trust me. Especially with limited benches you aren't the only one that has done that. I've chased myself many of weeks because of only having 5-6 spots on bench. I've got a couple of moves I want to do right now but just can't. That's fun of this crap right? Haha..

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Thank you!!!! I would listen to a trade offer. Come big though. LMAO!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

St. Brown and Montgomery officially ruled out.  Swift downgraded to doubtful.  McCaffrey being McCaffrey.  

My issue is the international games…have Winston in a 2 qb league and Kamara in a couple. Almost none of the Saint players have practiced this week…with a 9:30 am start time better set alarm clock to catch the start/sits.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I’m confused…wouldn’t picking up Everett use your #1 waiver priority??? You would have last priority correct? So I think you were kinda screwed both ways.

24 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Mike Williams should dominate the targets for LA until Allen returns. With Jalen Guyton also out this week, Josh Palmer should also play a major role in the offense. He could push for WR3 numbers versus Houston.

Had Palmer in lineup last couple weeks. I look for him to see lots of targets as teams roll coverage to take away the deep threat with Williams.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Has Doubs arrived?? Been hearing about it all summer…played well last week…is this it?

I'm going all in on him in the leagues I have him as well as Fanduel. His cheap salary, possibly being the #1 there. Only issue is what type of game will they have. Patriots down guys, will they just run, run,etc....to shorten the game and making potential of targets down? Or will the Packers get up so quickly they'll abandon the passing and just run AJ and Jones.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Mike Williams should dominate the targets for LA until Allen returns. With Jalen Guyton also out this week, Josh Palmer should also play a major role in the offense. He could push for WR3 numbers versus Houston.

I sure hope something changes with him. He's gone 3, 25, and 8 for me in my PPR league. Last week one catch for 15 yards. If they can't throw it vs Texans secondary something is up with him and Herbert.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm going all in on him in the leagues I have him as well as Fanduel. His cheap salary, possibly being the #1 there. Only issue is what type of game will they have. Patriots down guys, will they just run, run,etc....to shorten the game and making potential of targets down? Or will the Packers get up so quickly they'll abandon the passing and just run AJ and Jones.

I have him in all my Dynasty leagues…but I also have a ton of Dameon Pierce. Both have good matchups…tough decision on which to put in the flex. Same with my HSN league. Thinking the full PPR I’ll go with Doubs. Burkhead still involved enough on passing downs I feel Pierce is likely too TD dependent…but going forward I think we should know this week or next if the kid is legit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I sure hope something changes with him. He's gone 3, 25, and 8 for me in my PPR league. Last week one catch for 15 yards. If they can't throw it vs Texans secondary something is up with him and Herbert.

He has always been boom or bust. I think he actually benefits from having Allen pull the opposing number one away from him and pull safety support. Also he doesn’t get much separation so can be matchup dependent vs smaller corners where he wins those jump balls. Thus he will fluctuate a lot imo. Almost need to research which corner will be covering him and get that in depth with him. He isn’t a true number 1 that can just win win win….and if Allen is out I actually like Palmer and especially Everett…and expect Eckler out of backfield too. Guess we will see…but he is definitely the definition of boom or bust. Just don’t want him out of the lineup when he goes off…but kills you the games he doesn’t. I mean at least give me 5-6 catches and 50 yards…nope it’s 100-120 with TD or like 1 catch for 23 yards.

• Like 1