HSN Fantasy Football

@Indykev@btownqb@Seeking6@KoB2011@Sagamore@dgambill@rico@mrflynn03@tdhoosier@Parakeet Jones@NotIThatLives

@JaybobHoosier@iuswingman@ATX_sig@Billingsley99@trc@BeerBQ@ephul@PAHoosier@KDB@B_A

Just wanted to take a moment and send a little reminder to everyone. 

• Bye weeks are starting
  • Injuries are piling up
  • Some of our fantasy teams are falling out of contention

Now is the time when some fantasy managers start to lose interest and many leagues start to see incomplete teams fielded on a given week.  Please help us prevent that from happening in our HSN fantasy leagues.  We had some examples of that last year, and those players are not participating this year. 

If you reach a point this season when your team is hopelessly out of the playoff hunt, please still take 5 minutes each week to ensure that you're not starting a team that has players on bye, or who are injured and ruled out (unless that happens at the last minute).  Even though a particular game doesn't matter to you in the standings, the outcome of that game could still have significance to other teams in the league.

Certainly, there could be times where something unexpected takes place, but it should not be a regular issue.  

Thanks to all of you that are participating this season.  I don't expect the things listed above to be a problem, but since we experienced it last year, and I've experienced it in other leagues I've participated in, I wanted to raise awareness in hopes we avoid it happening in our HSN leagues this season and going forward.  

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

My team is ass. But I'm no quitter. No way I'm going to finish last. I'm playing for second to last. 

I know the odds favor me going into tonight's game, but stranger things have happened.  The late Burrow TD in last night's game gives you a chance .  

Three long field goals from Carlson tonight and I'm sweating bullets.  Jacobs is perfectly capable of laying an egg for me.

• Like 1

Have a couple leagues wrapped up but a few others I need this.

Need 6+ from Davante

Need net 19+ of Kelce over Carlson

Need 38 points from Adams and Kelce in .5 PPR, 6 points for TD and 3 point bonus at 100....so basically 7 catches and 100 yards and a TD from both. Not impossible. Long one tonight for sure though. Everyone talks about Monday morning being tough....honestly Tuesday mornings are the toughest for me.

Good luck to everyone who has a shot this week and to echo others. Nobody is done in week 5. My most cherished title ever a few years ago was after a 1-5 start. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I wish he was a touchdown stealer like J.Hurts. Dude always runs it starting from the 15. Like he has never thrown a pass in his life. lol.

Was getting vultured like crazy yesterday. Godwin went down twice at the 1, Mike Williams down at the 1, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jefferson twice once on callback and once because of spot...felt like I missed on about 30 points in one $ league yesterday now I need a big comeback tonight. Life of fantasy I guess.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Was getting vultured like crazy yesterday. Godwin went down twice at the 1, Mike Williams down at the 1, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jefferson twice once on callback and once because of spot...felt like I missed on about 30 points in one $ league yesterday now I need a big comeback tonight. Life of fantasy I guess.

3 words for you from a Kamara owner in HSN2.  

Taysom F$#%ing Hill.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

3 words for you from a Kamara owner in HSN2.  

Taysom F$#%ing Hill.

Lost (I actually still won some $) a good amount more earnings because of him. 2 guys in our hybrid league (we do regular and a $20 a week fanduel) put him in at TE. I mean I get the strategy if he was named starting QB but Dalton was.....and they just rolled him out there to 33+ points. 

Champions Legue Standings Through Week 5.

@btownqbhad, by far, his worst defensive effort of the season, but applied some voodoo in a different way to gain the victory.  @Indykevwas all set to take down the undefeated Btown, but Darren Waller got injured early in teh first quarter last night and gave Kev the dreaded 0.00, in what ended up being exactly a 1-point loss.

image.png.b688e9714943ea6db936efe289748597.png