HSN Fantasy Football

6 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Dang @dgambillI'm going to have to seriously consider that trade proposal.  I'd lose Diggs but may balance out my team better. And with Diggs on bye this week it's not looking good for this week against @Seeking6

What do we have to lose?? We are both a long shot either way. I second guess myself when I sent it. Imo you have to give up value to get it. No pain no gain. Buying Diggs at his high probably will bite me with my luck with injuries but no risk it no biscuit. Lol Good luck the rest of the way either way.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't know how others view trades. I kind of just look at it and if 2 adults think something will benefit both I let it go....unless it's glaringly bad. 

I agree, I just thought my offer was better, especially if the goal was a RB upgrade. 

But definitely not voting against that trade. 

• Like 1

My position is that, unless there is clear collusion, I'm not going to get involved.  There was a trade recently in my ESPN league that I thought was fairly one-sided but I let it go because I'm not even sure that the two involved even really know each other.  I expect it was more of a scenario where someone that follows football a little more understood what carrot to dangle to take advantage of a less experienced player.  

Now, if a husband tries to trade Mike Boone to his wife for Stefan Diggs, then I would probably vote against.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

My position is that, unless there is clear collusion, I'm not going to get involved.  There was a trade recently in my ESPN league that I thought was fairly one-sided but I let it go because I'm not even sure that the two involved even really know each other.  I expect it was more of a scenario where someone that follows football a little more understood what carrot to dangle to take advantage of a less experienced player.  

Now, if a husband tries to trade Mike Boone to his wife for Stefan Diggs, then I would probably vote against.  

Didn't you just try that with Kev? I figured you were the wife, not him. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Well I'm a less experienced fantasy manager. So I went with what I thought I'd need this week. Still learning how to manage bye weeks. 

What does the vote against do?

Theoretically it could veto the trade if enough people do, but I would be shocked if that happens.

I'd probably think long-term on trades in the future FYI, one week isn't that big a deal in the grand scheme of things. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

You have to turn in your man card if you veto a trade.  

It's not going to happen in the HSN leagues because there is no money involved and we all have a good understanding of player values.  But, in money leagues, collusion absolutely comes in to play.  And, in family leagues, there are often easy marks.