HSN Fantasy Football

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Theoretically it could veto the trade if enough people do, but I would be shocked if that happens.

I'd probably think long-term on trades in the future FYI, one week isn't that big a deal in the grand scheme of things. 

Well…and to defend him…another loss and it’s basically curtains. I mean if he went 1-6…and still had issues on his roster…I can see why he wanted to make a move. Don’t know what other options he had on the table but I’m 4-2 and feel desperate and I’m putting all my eggs in one basket. When I look at what other guys are scoring in our league no way I can keep up. I’ve been lucky to have some people have some bad luck .
My only hope was to make the playoffs and maybe have Allen and Diggs go off. If the trade gets vetoed Im ok with it. Even if he wants to cancel it I’ll trade the guys back. More important to keep friends than win a league. @mrflynn03 I hope you don’t think I was taking advantage…message me if you got a better offer and I’ll send you him back once it clears.

Also…I don’t want to me known as the Danny Ainge of HSN fantasy…nobody will trade with me in the future. I mean in my mind I still thought the trade was decent or I wouldn’t have offered it.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Also…I don’t want to me known as the Danny Ainge of HSN fantasy…nobody will trade with me in the future. I mean in my mind I still thought the trade was decent or I wouldn’t have offered it.

I'll trade with you.  Mike Boone for Stefan Diggs.  😁

Seriously,  I have no issues with the trade.  You gave him a Running Back he desperately needed and also gave him a starting WR in return.  He filled a position of need without totally gutting the position he gave up.  

• Like 1

Well…and to defend him…another loss and it’s basically curtains. I mean if he went 1-6…and still had issues on his roster…I can see why he wanted to make a move. Don’t know what other options he had on the table but I’m 4-2 and feel desperate and I’m putting all my eggs in one basket. When I look at what other guys are scoring in our league no way I can keep up. I’ve been lucky to have some people have some bad luck .
My only hope was to make the playoffs and maybe have Allen and Diggs go off. If the trade gets vetoed Im ok with it. Even if he wants to cancel it I’ll trade the guys back. More important to keep friends than win a league. @mrflynn03 I hope you don’t think I was taking advantage…message me if you got a better offer and I’ll send you him back once it clears.

To be clear, I don’t think the trade should be vetoed at all. I just thought my offer was marginally better but I think you raise a valid point about the need to win this week.

That trade should absolutely go through, though. 

• Like 1

So…I’m changing the subject I have one league where a guy keeps sending the same trade offer over and over. It’s for Jefferson, Barkley, and Pierce and he is trading me Jacobi Myers, Mike Boone, and Elijah Moore. I put in comments to stop I’m never trading them but he says back that I might accidentally hit accept so he does it to everyone. Is this a thing that others experience??? I didn’t know if this was a common tactic? Never experienced it before. I mean I’ve gotten one sided trade offers all the time but not 3 times a week for 6 weeks now. Just wondering…because I’ve accidentally dropped guys before so wondering if this works on people?

56 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So…I’m changing the subject I have one league where a guy keeps sending the same trade offer over and over. It’s for Jefferson, Barkley, and Pierce and he is trading me Jacobi Myers, Mike Boone, and Elijah Moore. I put in comments to stop I’m never trading them but he says back that I might accidentally hit accept so he does it to everyone. Is this a thing that others experience??? I didn’t know if this was a common tactic? Never experienced it before. I mean I’ve gotten one sided trade offers all the time but not 3 times a week for 6 weeks now. Just wondering…because I’ve accidentally dropped guys before so wondering if this works on people?

Hold up. 

First, before we get started. Is this a money league and do you know this individual? Like personally know him. 

• Like 2

That guy would get banned for trying crap like that. Bush league move at best. Commissioner should handle...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

I would say something to the commissioner. That’s incredibly annoying and child like. Is this a money league?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Hold up. 

First, before we get started. Is this a money league and do you know this individual? Like personally know him. 

Sorry…nope…just a random yahoo league. Probably a kid because it sounds really immature to do. Doesn’t even have a commish. But been playing for like 15 years and never seen this before.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Anyone know why my waiver claim is still pending until midnight?  Put it in Monday 

Likely because the player you are claiming was a late drop.  A player dropped on Monday, for example, will not be eligible for regular Wednesday waivers.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

Fantasy top 5 by position so far…

qb-Allen, Jackson, Hurts, Mahomes, Burrow

rb- Chubb, Barkley, Ekeler, McCaffrey, Henry/Hall tied

wr-Diggs, Kupp, Jefferson, Hill, Adams 

TE- Kelce, Andrews….no one else matters lol

nothing too surprising really…JT fantasy mvp of last year not repeating. I think there are some surprises at that tier right below them but all in all predictable. 

• Like 2

nothing too surprising really…JT fantasy mvp of last year not repeating. I think there are some surprises at that tier right below them but all in all predictable. 

Your list got me curious about the players that scored most against me over the course of the season.  So, I looked up game by game to see what players scored 25+ points in the week I played them through the first 6 weeks.

Champions League:  Nothing terribly off the wall here.  Kirk may be the most random, but M. Brown may be the most damaging.  He got me for 33 points in a matchup I lost by 16.  On the good side of things, I defend the run well.  :coffee:

QB: Herbert; Hurts; Allen

RB: Swift

WR: Chase; AJ Brown; M. Williams; Kirk; M. Brown; Diggs; 

TE:

K:

DEF:

HSN2 League:  The Tampa Defense stands out as being random, but it made little difference.  i think they could have scored 2 and beat me.  Otherwise, I had the misfortune of playing M. Brown in both HSN leagues when he had his 33 point week.  But, unlike the Champions League, it did not matter here.  I got smoked.  I can't complain about Jacobs because he is on my team in the Champions league.  

QB: Murray; Allen; Mahomes

RB: Taylor; Jacobs; Stevenson

WR: M. Brown; Diggs; Kupp; Chase

TE:

K:

DEF: Tampa Bay

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

In my league I have 1 player from each of your position lists. I also have Jacobs, Zeke and Wilson who have all had their days.

On the other hand, I own AJ Dillon. Michael Thomas and Terry McLaurin....all have been major non-factors, other than Thomas in the first week.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Selfishly, it would have been nice had the CMC trade been announced a little earlier in the day. I have Jeff Wilson starting, whom I would have benched and played Benjamin last night.

Ouch. After his 7 carry 25 yard and 1 fumble performance that ticked off the coaches I already benched Wilson in 1 league. We'll see if Conner comes back but Benjamin joins a long list of plug and play RB's in fantasy that help you win a week or two each year.

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Ouch. After his 7 carry 25 yard and 1 fumble performance that ticked off the coaches I already benched Wilson in 1 league. We'll see if Conner comes back but Benjamin joins a long list of plug and play RB's in fantasy that help you win a week or two each year.

Wilson was in my flex position. My other options are AJ Dillon, who has done nothing for me the last 3 weeks, and McLaurin, who has given up targets this season, and who I don't like playing with a backup quarterback. May be time to hit the waiver wire.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

So, I have both in my ESPN league. Obviously going forward, CMC is the back to play in the Niner backfield.  But, for this week, I cant see MCcaffrey getting more than 8-10 snaps if he plays at all.

So, do I still play Wilson?  Or, do I play McCaffrey with the thought the Niners might try to get their new toy into the end zone.

Or, do I bench both.  I plan to start Stevenson in one spot.  My only other option due to byes is Montgomery.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

So, I have both in my ESPN league. Obviously going forward, CMC is the back to play in the Niner backfield.  But, for this week, I cant see MCcaffrey getting more than 8-10 snaps if he plays at all.

So, do I still play Wilson?  Or, do I play McCaffrey with the thought the Niners might try to get their new toy into the end zone.

Or, do I bench both.  I plan to start Stevenson in one spot.  My only other option due to byes is Montgomery.

I would for sure play Stevenson this week over the 9ers RBs with the options you have. 

45 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I would for sure play Stevenson this week over the 9ers RBs with the options you have. 

He's definitely in.  My issue is between McCaffrey, Wilson, or Montgomery.  In a normal week, McCaffrey is the automatic answer.  But, how many plays is he going to be on the field for, assuming any, after getting traded on Thursday night.

If the Bears were playing a team like the Lions I would just go with Montgomery and avoid the Niner situation this weekend.   But, they are playing the Patriots, who just shut down Cleveland's running game.

It's almost like the best chance for 'normal' production still might be Wilson this week.  

On a side note, Stevenson was going to be my flex this week with McCaffrey and Wilson my backs.  Now that this is happening, I moved Stevenson to RB and inserted your boy Alec Pierce at flex.  I'm blaming you if he does not give me a minimum 15 points.  :D

Edited by 5fouls

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Man. Montgomery with the tough matchup too. I honestly would go Stevenson and Monty still. No longer trust Wilson and I just think CMC is going to see 15 plays tops....but all it takes is one shot for him to payoff. Tough one for sure.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He's definitely in.  My issue is between McCaffrey, Wilson, or Montgomery.  In a normal week, McCaffrey is the automatic answer.  But, how many plays is he going to be on the field for, assuming any, after getting traded on Thursday night.

If the Bears were playing a team like the Lions I would just go with Montgomery and avoid the Niner situation this weekend.   But, they are playing the Patriots, who just shut down Cleveland's running game.

It's almost like the best chance for 'normal' production still might be Wilson this week.  

On a side note, Stevenson was going to be my flex this week with McCaffrey and Wilson my backs.  Now that this is happening, I moved Stevenson to RB and inserted your boy Alec Pierce at flex.  I'm blaming you if he does not give me a minimum 15 points.  :D

I'm putting Pierce not only in my flex for byes....I'm adding him in Fanduel lineups. Ryan has been consistently finding him for a month.

For those desperate for a bye week replacement at TE or just one in general. Keep your eye on Greg Dulchic for Broncos. They lined him up all over the place and Wilson immediately started looking for him. I've added him in a couple leagues for Kelce replacement/bye.....lots of upside there. 

• Like 3