HSN Fantasy Football

HSN2 Standings Through Week 5

What a crowd at the top!  There will be at least one team fall from that perch after this upcoming week as @trcand @Billingsley99go head-to-head.  Those head-to-head matchups among the leaders will be critical for potential playoff seeding.  Also, worth noting, that for all the grief we've been giving @btownqbin the Champions League for Points Against, @trcactually has a lower total than that in this league.  Meanwhile, @JaybobHoosiercontinues to be a points machine, with easily the highest number of Points Scored across the two HSN leagues.  Even the game he lost, he was the 2nd highest scorer for the week.   

image.png.3a97ac30b5b6a8e04e24fa6513e971ca.png

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

HSN2 Standings Through Week 5

What a crowd at the top!  There will be at least one team fall from that perch after this upcoming week as @trcand @Billingsley99go head-to-head.  Those head-to-head matchups among the leaders will be critical for potential playoff seeding.  Also, worth noting, that for all the grief we've been giving @btownqbin the Champions League for Points Against, @trcactually has a lower total than that in this league.  Meanwhile, @JaybobHoosiercontinues to be a points machine, with easily the highest number of Points Scored across the two HSN leagues.  Even the game he lost, he was the 2nd highest scorer for the week.   

image.png.3a97ac30b5b6a8e04e24fa6513e971ca.png

It's the loser league, don't we expect all the teams to score less? :coffee:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Champions Legue Standings Through Week 5.

@btownqbhad, by far, his worst defensive effort of the season, but applied some voodoo in a different way to gain the victory.  @Indykevwas all set to take down the undefeated Btown, but Darren Waller got injured early in teh first quarter last night and gave Kev the dreaded 0.00, in what ended up being exactly a 1-point loss.

image.png.b688e9714943ea6db936efe289748597.png

You love to see it 

• Haha 1

Weeks 6-9 are very bye heavy…depth will definitely play an issue. That said schedule will as well. Not sure how it happened but guys I’m playing next few weeks have none of their big hitters out the week I play them…instead it’s the next week or the week before. I’m going to get them full strength while I have a couple guys out each week. Going to be tough and really test my bench….which has taken a real hit because of all my injuries this year.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've already added them in this league so hopefully nobody has an issue with me discussing but if you have a league where D/ST can actually win you games....and have the roster space go add Patriots D now.

Next game up for Bears is at New England on Monday Night. 

I know the NFL guarantees that every team gets at least one prime-time, or exclusive time slot (like Lions on Thanksgiving).  But, how on earth do the NFL and the Networks screw up so bad to give us the Bears two weeks in a row?

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I know the NFL guarantees that every team gets at least one prime-time, or exclusive time slot (like Lions on Thanksgiving).  But, how on earth do the NFL and the Networks screw up so bad to give us the Bears two weeks in a row?

Because they knew they would be eliminated from playoffs probably by week 10 so better get them on tv while their games were still relevant.

Agree all day! 

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Because they knew they would be eliminated from playoffs probably by week 10 so better get them on tv while their games were still relevant.

This. Was talking with my buddy this morning. We were already going to Dolphins/Bears game in November but his boss said we could have his 8 extra tickets and two parking passes for nothing. If something doesn't happen in next few games you could see 20-30k no shows in December again....because Soldier Field is one of the biggest chores to attend a game at. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Agree all day! 

This. Was talking with my buddy this morning. We were already going to Dolphins/Bears game in November but his boss said we could have his 8 extra tickets and two parking passes for nothing. If something doesn't happen in next few games you could see 20-30k no shows in December again....because Soldier Field is one of the biggest chores to attend a game at. 

I've been to the area around Soldier Field visiting the museums and aquarium.  Where do people even park?

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I've been to the area around Soldier Field visiting the museums and aquarium.  Where do people even park?

Basically Museum, Waldron lots....McCormick but nowhere near enough room. That's why you have a large number either find a bar along State or Wabash or parking lots there that charge $50 minimally....but if you do that you have 20-25 minute walk to stand in line like cattle because there are so few entrances.

Put it this way when we go to a bar before. We leave an hour before kickoff to make sure we can get to our seats on time.

To put that in perspective. I can order an Uber for Colts game from my home in town (North Side) at 1215 if I want and be dropped off outside LOS, walk right in and be at seats before kickoff. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Sean McVay just said Cam Akers won't practice today and won't play Sunday. React accordingly if you can.

Reason?  Injury or something else?  I still have Henderson on 2 of my 3 fantasy teams, but not sure I trust him at this point.

Who would you play at flex?  Henderson, G. Pickens, or DJ Moore?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Reason?  Injury or something else?  I still have Henderson on 2 of my 3 fantasy teams, but not sure I trust him at this point.

Hmm…Pittsburg plays the Bucs, Rams play Panthers who has like a third string qb Walker playing at QB. Moore is almost unplayable at this point and that sucks because he is a damn good wr. Rams are a mess but Henderson should be pretty viable if he is getting all the touches. They have to run the ball and take pressure off Stafford.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Hmm…Pittsburg plays the Bucs, Rams play Panthers who has like a third string qb Walker playing at QB. Moore is almost unplayable at this point and that sucks because he is a damn good wr. Rams are a mess but Henderson should be pretty viable if he is getting all the touches. They have to run the ball and take pressure off Stafford.

I took Pickens out for Henderson, but moved Henderson to RB slot and K. Hunt to flex. Now debating Hunt vs. Pickens.

Hunt has a solid floor.  Not going to get anything close to 0.00 from him.  But, I'm so scared I'm going to miss a 10 catch, 2 TD performance from Pickens.  And, yes, that can happen against the Bucs.  Pittsburgh may throw it 60 times in the game

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 7:30 AM, 5fouls said:

Champions Legue Standings Through Week 5.

@btownqbhad, by far, his worst defensive effort of the season, but applied some voodoo in a different way to gain the victory.  @Indykevwas all set to take down the undefeated Btown, but Darren Waller got injured early in teh first quarter last night and gave Kev the dreaded 0.00, in what ended up being exactly a 1-point loss.

image.png.b688e9714943ea6db936efe289748597.png

I was 9th at one point last year and made it in the champions league being the 1st or 2nd one out. Maybe there is a glimmer of playoff hope if luck turns my way?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Carolina just gave up nearly 200 yards on the ground to 49ers. I'm rolling with DH this week where I can. Only took 6 weeks but my combinations of DH, Walker, Benjamin, and Dobbons are all paying off....haha. I hope. 

• Like 2

I took Pickens out for Henderson, but moved Henderson to RB slot and K. Hunt to flex. Now debating Hunt vs. Pickens.

Hunt has a solid floor.  Not going to get anything close to 0.00 from him.  But, I'm so scared I'm going to miss a 10 catch, 2 TD performance from Pickens.  And, yes, that can happen against the Bucs.  Pittsburgh may throw it 60 times in the game

I always look at my matchup and if I think I’m safe I play it more conservative but if I think I need big points you have to take chances. So I get that.

If desperate for a RB and have room. Deon Jackson is in line for plenty of touches with Hines and Taylor ruled out for Colts. I added him in one league where we have much deeper benches. Can't do in all. With Buffalo, Rams, Vikings, and Eagles on bye next week you might be able to get a 1-2 week use out of Jackson.

Some are going Lindsay but from what I saw at Denver Jackson will get the carries.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

If desperate for a RB and have room. Deon Jackson is in line for plenty of touches with Hines and Taylor ruled out for Colts. I added him in one league where we have much deeper benches. Can't do in all. With Buffalo, Rams, Vikings, and Eagles on bye next week you might be able to get a 1-2 week use out of Jackson.

Some are going Lindsay but from what I saw at Denver Jackson will get the carries.

I think we will ride the hot hand…that said Jackson has more juice. I don’t think Taylor will miss next week though.

• Like 1