HSN Fantasy Football

12 hours ago, dgambill said:

Well Gordon is going from almost no relevance to possibly a top 10 back the rest of year. At least you have that.

We'll see on that but I have serious doubts. He wasn't even the option last week after Javonte went down....plus they signed Latavius Murray last night. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Champions League Standings after Week 4.

@KoB2011 touched on this last week, but there truly must be something unholy going on with @btownqbwhen he comes to Points Against.  KOB, who just so happened to be his opponent this week, only scored 80.96, which brings the AVERAGE against Btown has faced this year to under 100 points a week.   

image.png.14802e4e805ef90ac6f0d5620e5ed98d.png

Defense 👏 Defense 👏

Found 31 points from my kicker and defense, wasn't mad about that. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I feel bad for @tdhoosier  @Parakeet Jones  @NotIThatLives look at those points against. I feel that pain because right now in another league I'm 0-4 and have 563+ scored against me.

I am having my worst FF football year ever. Before this week I was a combined 0-6 in my two leagues. This on the heels of winning my HSN league last year and losing in the championship game in the other. I finally got a win in each this week. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I feel bad for @tdhoosier  @Parakeet Jones  @NotIThatLives look at those points against. I feel that pain because right now in another league I'm 0-4 and have 563+ scored against me.

Yup.  I don't even hate my team and have a decent bench too.  But Matt Stafford may be the disappointment of the season, league wide.  Am I wrong? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Yup.  I don't even hate my team and have a decent bench too.  But Matt Stafford may be the disappointment of the season, league wide.  Am I wrong? 

Up until this week, Russel Wilson was probably right up there with him, but yeah, Stafford is not having a good year.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

My 0-4 team had Stafford at the helm. No longer. Traded two handcuffs for Trevor Lawrence. I've seen enough. If he shows me 3-4 games of solid production I'll play him again but no longer.

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

We'll see on that but I have serious doubts. He wasn't even the option last week after Javonte went down....plus they signed Latavius Murray last night. 

Murray is just a guy. Depth. He couldnt crack the rotation at his last stop. As long as he gets the fumble thing corrected he will be fine. He was getting goal line carrries before. He still has juice…but who knows…they had a stud before and didn’t want to use him so they may not use Gordon either. Who knows with their idiot coach. Boone will be the change of pace guy.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Murray is just a guy. Depth. He couldnt crack the rotation at his last stop. As long as he gets the fumble thing corrected he will be fine. He was getting goal line carrries before. He still has juice…but who knows…they had a stud before and didn’t want to use him so they may not use Gordon either. Who knows with their idiot coach. Boone will be the change of pace guy.

They may use Gordon more between the 20s.  But, I have to think that Murray will get the goal line carries given Gordon's fumbling issues.  At what point does the team determine the fumbling problem is fixed.  3-4 weeks in a row without one?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

They may use Gordon more between the 20s.  But, I have to think that Murray will get the goal line carries given Gordon's fumbling issues.  At what point does the team determine the fumbling problem is fixed.  3-4 weeks in a row without one?  

I'll put it this way. I have Gordon in multiple leagues. He won't be seeing my starting lineup anytime soon. ESPN or Yahoo can project whatever they want....

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

He got almost all the goal line Carrie’s last year…he has 53 tds in last 5 years…7th in NFL during that time period. Guy knows how to get into the end zone. Murray couldn’t even get off the Saints practice squad and that’s bad considering Alvin Kamara has missed multiple games this year…guy is just insurance. If they give him Carrie’s the coach should be fired on the spot…he may get fired anyways…so who knows.

Edited by dgambill

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He got almost all the goal line Carrie’s last year…he has 53 tds in last 5 years…7th in NFL during that time period. Guy knows how to get into the end zone. Murray couldn’t even get off the Saints practice squad and that’s bad considering Alvin Kamara has missed multiple games this year…guy is just insurance. If they give him Carrie’s the coach should be fired on the spot…he may get fired anyways…so who knows.

I'll concede the point to you that, if he keeps fumbling, it will be as horrifying a Stephen King novel.  :coffee:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'll concede the point to you that, if he keeps fumbling, it will be as horrifying a Stephen King novel.  :coffee:

Well I’d take the chance of Gordon over Murray any day…but yes their problems will compound infinitely if he can’t get that under control. I actually think Boone will get a large share of the work. Gordon is nicked up a bit but I don’t see Murray getting more than 2-3 Carrie’s if at all.

Damn auto correct lol.

Edited by dgambill

If you have the roster spot available. I'd be adding Mike Boone in all leagues. I've got a couple of leagues I just can't get rid of some guys for him.

Time will tell. Maybe Gordon will be the guy. Broncos OC kind of said as much yesterday but I don't know. Boone played 19 snaps to Gordon's 10 after injury. Short week. 

I'm not starting Gordon this week which means he goes for 150 and 2 TD's.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If you have the roster spot available. I'd be adding Mike Boone in all leagues. I've got a couple of leagues I just can't get rid of some guys for him.

Time will tell. Maybe Gordon will be the guy. Broncos OC kind of said as much yesterday but I don't know. Boone played 19 snaps to Gordon's 10 after injury. Short week. 

I'm not starting Gordon this week which means he goes for 150 and 2 TD's.

Starting Week 6, I think L. Murray gets the goal line work for Denver.  That will hurt the value of both Gordon and Boone.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's one for you. Hines, Hunt or Allgeier? 

Hunt is playing against the worst defense of the three, but will he get as many opportunities with Chubb playing so well recently. Tampa's defense is damn good, and I think they are gonna play with a chip on their shoulder after the fiasco v Kansas City. I would stay away from Allgeier. 

Does the Colts' O-line step up? I let Hines go as he hasn't done much this year, even in the passing game. I think that tomorrow night's game is going to be low scoring, not favorable to Hines.

Cleveland-Chargers has the possibility of being a shootout. I would play Hunt and hope it is.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

As in Kareem Hunt?  If so, he's your guy.  Unless you are playing me.

Allgeier's next 4 games are brutal.  I have a hard time seeing him delivering viable fantasy stats.  As far as Hines, Phillip Lindsey is going carry the ball more than people expect.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Allgeier has a ticked off TB defense to face…I like him but not this week. I just can’t count on Hines…he should have a big game but man…I’ve heard that so many times. Probably stick with Hunt. His floor is like 10pts…so he won’t lose your week.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Here’s my dilemma…

Olave, McLaurin or Godwin?

Wow…that is tough. NO is playing the Seahawks who Detroit just torched…hard to argue there but Godwin has Atlanta who has also sucked. Washington plays Tennessee whose defense has struggled…honestly they are all favorable matchups…shouldn’t really go wrong.

52 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

As in Kareem Hunt?  If so, he's your guy.  Unless you are playing me.

Allgeier's next 4 games are brutal.  I have a hard time seeing him delivering viable fantasy stats.  As far as Hines, Phillip Lindsey is going carry the ball more than people expect.

I see Hines getting 5 carries and 1 target and after the game Frank saying we really tried to give him the ball, I can't believe he only had 5 touches blah blah blah but we have put in a lot of wrinkles to showcase his talent. Maybe next week we will get him more involved.  That darn Carsen Wentz oh I mean Blankenship  oh well hell someone elses fault Hines did not get the ball. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2