HSN Fantasy Football

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Lol.  You're 3-3 and squarely in the playoff hunt.

You want underachieving, let's look at my HSN2 team.  Here are my first 7 picks (had pick 11 in 1st round).  

1) Kamara - Missed 2 full games an 1 partial.

2) Swift - Missed 2 full games and 1 partial

3) D.J. Moore - Victim of unbelivably shitty QB play on totally dysfunctional team.

4) C. Sutton - Victim of very uneven QB play on fairly dysfunctional team.

5) D. Schultz - You are very aware of the pile of poop Schultz has given us this season.

6) Hurts - Okay.  Can't complain here.

7) Mooney - HaHaHaHa....to infinity.

To top it all off, I've had the most points scored against me.  I honestly have no idea how I won the two games I did.  

Were these the rounds you took these guys in? 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Were these the rounds you took these guys in? 

Yes.  It's worth noting that I had just completed the Champions League draft 30 minutes prior. and went receiver WR/RB/TE/WR with my first four picks in that draft.

So, in this one, I decided to go RB/RB and deploy a little different strategy.  And, honestly Schultz was the only one considered a reach based on ADP.  I anticipated the Dallas run game struggling and that Dak would be throwing a lot to Lamb and Schultz.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I think this is my last year of zero RB strategy. I need to secure one no matter what in the first 3 rounds next year and on top of that I'll be jumping up to get QB as well. I waited for QB and stuck with Stafford/Lawrence. I dumped Stafford 2 weeks ago and now playing weekly waiver wire go round...

I hate the zero RB strategy. You are very much gambling that you are in a bad league for it to work. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I hate the zero RB strategy. You are very much gambling that you are in a bad league for it to work. 

Agree to disagree. I've won multiple titles across many very, very competitive leagues using it since the invention of Kelce. This is the first year in  6-7 where it may backfire in 1-2 leagues. I used it in this league and so far (knock on wood) it's working ok. 

Everyone has their own way or strategy but to say it's a gamble and a bad league?? I don't know time will tell I guess.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I dont necessarily think that is true.  A realistic zero RB strategy could have netted you something like this from the 5 hole this year

1) Jefferson

2) Andrews

3) AJ Brown

4) L. Jackson

5) 3rd WR

6) Breece Hall or Josh Jacobs

7) R. Stevenson or D. Pearce

8 )  Kenneth Walker

That's a league contender.  Even if you dont believe Hall or Jacobs would be available in round 6, Stevenson would be.  And, Pearce and Walker probably are slotted appropriately.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Agree to disagree. I've won multiple titles across many very, very competitive leagues using it since the invention of Kelce. This is the first year in  6-7 where it may backfire in 1-2 leagues. I used it in this league and so far (knock on wood) it's working ok. 

Everyone has their own way or strategy but to say it's a gamble and a bad league?? I don't know time will tell I guess.

I mean it is, you're counting on you being able to pick up guys on the wire as they come available which is much harder to count on in better leagues. I'm not trying to be a dick about it. 

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I dont necessarily think that is true.  A realistic zero RB strategy could have netted you something like this from the 5 hole this year

1) Jefferson

2) Andrews

3) AJ Brown

4) L. Jackson

5) 3rd WR

8 )  Kenneth Walker

That's a league contender.  Even if you dont believe Hall or Jacobs would be available in round 6, Stevenson would be.  And, Pearce and Walker probably are slotted appropriately.

All day long. In our league I went Kelce, Adams, Williams, Herbert, Godwin with first 5. Added Dobbins and Stevenson in 6th/7th....and so far so good.

Buddy of mine is a RB only guy. He went CMC, Kamara...added Akers as well as Montgomery in 4th/5th. Needless to say RB only strategy hasn't paid off. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I mean it is, you're counting on you being able to pick up guys on the wire as they come available which is much harder to count on in better leagues. I'm not trying to be a dick about it. 

Or stash/draft guys like Stevenson, Dobbins, White,etc....who you can see their value before the season starts. I'm not even talking about waiver wire. Drafting strategy only. Sure you can add a guy like Walker or Wilson Jr or whomever as the season progresses but I'm just talking about before season begins.

PS...didn't think you were being a d about anything. Just discussion. 

I just looked it up in our HSN Champions league, and Hall (end of 3rd) and Jacobs (5th) were gone before the 6th round.  

But, all of the following were taken in the 7th round or later:

Pierce, Stevenson, Hunt, Singleterry, M. Sanders, K. Walker, D. Henderson, J. Robinson, Mostert, and J. Williams.

All of those have already produced multiple weeks at a RB 1/2 level, or have a real opportunity to do so in the weeks ahead because of current circumstances.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

1) Jefferson

2) Andrews

3) AJ Brown

4) L. Jackson

5) 3rd WR

8 )  Kenneth Walker

That's a lot of chips falling your way to hit those three backs, three rounds in a row late. Especially since they were all guys projected as sleepers by a lot of people. It's unlikely in a good 12 team league they're all making it to those spots

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

All day long. In our league I went Kelce, Adams, Williams, Herbert, Godwin with first 5. Added Dobbins and Stevenson in 6th/7th....and so far so good.

Buddy of mine is a RB only guy. He went CMC, Kamara...added Akers as well as Montgomery in 4th/5th. Needless to say RB only strategy hasn't paid off. 

You were 3rd in the waiver last week. I didn't even try to pick up Walker because I knew you'd get him. I am not sure who #1 and 2 took in the waiver last week, but I have no idea how KW wasn't one of them. 

I also don't understand how you were 3rd in the waiver when you were 5-0 lol 

• Like 1

But it also brings up a point, is it really zero running back if you're taking your running backs before drafting depth at other spots? I hear zero running back and think a team is taking their fourth WR before taking a running back, but I don't think there is a universal rule on what it is. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

You were 3rd in the waiver last week. I didn't even try to pick up Walker because I knew you'd get him. I am not sure who #1 and 2 took in the waiver last week, but I have no idea how KW wasn't one of them. 

Trust me. Very surprised at that one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Waivers don't reset every week in that league, which I am a fan of. It makes you have to think before just aimlessly adding someone during waiver pickups if you have a high waiver pick. I might rather hold my waiver than pickup a kicker or defense on my starters bye week, for example. 

• Like 2

But it also brings up a point, is it really zero running back if you're taking your running backs before drafting depth at other spots? I hear zero running back and think a team is taking their fourth WR before taking a running back, but I don't think there is a universal rule on what it is. 

Very good point. My zero RB strategy is locking up 400 catches and a QB in my first 5 picks. I start cherry picking RB's from there...so my definition of zero RB strategy could be different than others.

• Like 1

Waivers don't reset every week in that league, which I am a fan of. It makes you have to think before just aimlessly adding someone during waiver pickups if you have a high waiver pick. I might rather hold my waiver than pickup a kicker or defense on my starters bye week, for example. 

Yep. In one of my bigger $ leagues we do it that way but we also cap the number of moves you can make each season to 15. We add 2 more spots on bench but we designed it that way so someone can't suck on draft night but by week 13 they've put together a good roster. Try to make draft night worth something. 

• Like 1

Agreed.  I have really focused at being cautious with how I use my waivers in both HSN leagues.

That said, I blew the #1 position in one of the leagues a few weeks ago by picking up K. Herbert the week after his big performance.  Got a weak effort from him the following week and Montgomery returned sooner than expected.

Last week, I also intentionally used my position to block @btownqbfrom picking up Geno to cover Carr's bye week (in truth, I was tired of pkaying Russ anyway) since we were matched up against each other.  But, that backfired a little as well, because Geno was sub-par and Btown got a serviceable week from Jimmy G.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. In one of my bigger $ leagues we do it that way but we also cap the number of moves you can make each season to 15. We add 2 more spots on bench but we designed it that way so someone can't suck on draft night but by week 13 they've put together a good roster. Try to make draft night worth something. 

I like that. 

My dynasty league we have $550 salary cap (1st round pick is 5, 2nd round is 3, and 3rd is 1) and then players salaries go up every year. You can franchise tag 1 guy as long as he wasn't top of his position.

Top player at each position go up a minimum of $40 or 50% increase, then slots 2-6 receive $20 or 40% increase. Everyone else is a minimum $5 increase or 20%.

We have 6 taxi squad spots and anyone that remains on it until the auction draft (free agency) has their salary locked. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I like that. 

My dynasty league we have $550 salary cap (1st round pick is 5, 2nd round is 3, and 3rd is 1) and then players salaries go up every year. You can franchise tag 1 guy as long as he wasn't top of his position.

Top player at each position go up a minimum of $40 or 50% increase, then slots 2-6 receive $20 or 40% increase. Everyone else is a minimum $5 increase or 20%.

We have 6 taxi squad spots and anyone that remains on it until the auction draft (free agency) has their salary locked. 

If you don't mind me asking where was Rachaad White going? To me he's a perfect example of my draft night strategy. Pick someone who could have a big workload if injury happens or consistently increasing touches over course of season. Kind of like Etienne last year before injury,etc...

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If you don't mind me asking where was Rachaad White going? To me he's a perfect example of my draft night strategy. Pick someone who could have a big workload if injury happens or consistently increasing touches over course of season. Kind of like Etienne last year before injury,etc...

In my dynasty league? I believe he went late second round. Etienne was a first rounder. But dynasty league you are only drafting rookies.

My rookie class is London, J. Williams, Olave, Pierce, Perkins, Pierce, B. Robinson, J. Ford, and Pacheco. Very pumped about it for the long term. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Not a fan, or of the short bench. But, I didn't take the time to put the league together. 

36 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Dang @dgambillI'm going to have to seriously consider that trade proposal.  I'd lose Diggs but may balance out my team better. And with Diggs on bye this week it's not looking good for this week against @Seeking6

Speaking of trade proposals.  After Kev's Christmas card rant about Mike Boone last night, I offered him Boone (who I have in the Champions League) for Cooper Kupp.

He declined.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Dang @dgambillI'm going to have to seriously consider that trade proposal.  I'd lose Diggs but may balance out my team better. And with Diggs on bye this week it's not looking good for this week against @Seeking6

Hey if Diggs is in play let us know. Haha...always starts happening around week 6-7. People start positioning themselves.

• Like 1