2024 Asa Newell Commits to Georgia

gnet550

36 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Sorry, to clarify, I think they all play different roles in my opinon:

Reneau: 5/4 (mostly a 4)

Asa: 4/3 (mostly a 4)

Liam: 3

My concern is those 3 are talented enough to start, but I just don’t think after playing this season at the 4 that they would move Reneau to the 5. He’s not trying to be an NBA center. So then becomes the question off is it a good look to have any of these guys come off the bench when we’re trying to get them to the league and recruit future Montverde stars. 

NBA centers aren’t really centers. If woody goes 4/5 out and runs zoom like a lot of college and pro teams do then that position won’t be a problem. I’d say he’s perfect for it actually. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ephul said:

Reneau can/will play the 5 in the future. His game is polar opposite of the other two.

I'd say Reneau's use will be much like TJD's, with less explosiveness, but more of a jump shot... forcing big guys to guard him away from the basket.

All three could easily play a large amount of minutes on the same team.

Actually he’s a 4/5 out type. Especially since he has a little bit of form. Woody wants everyone on the floor to use handles. Defense is his biggest problem right now. Imho

• 3 weeks later...

I think people need to be prepared for us to strike out on a majority of these 24 kids. We keep talking like we need spots but we will have several openings and in the end we will be fortunate to win recruiting battles on only a couple of these 24 top recruits and the balance of spots will go to lesser freshman or portal entrants. We aren’t going like 5-5 on all these kids.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I think people need to be prepared for us to strike out on a majority of these 24 kids. We keep talking like we need spots but we will have several openings and in the end we will be fortunate to win recruiting battles on only a couple of these 24 top recruits and the balance of spots will go to lesser freshman or portal entrants. We aren’t going like 5-5 on all these kids.

Anything less than 4-5 and it’s time for a coaching change. 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

A good Bill Self quote I heard the other day went something like: If you are not hearing as many "no's" than "yes's", then you aren't recruiting the right kids. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

A good Bill Self quote I heard the other day went something like: If you are not hearing as many "no's" than "yes's", then you aren't recruiting the right kids. 

Yep…nothing wrong with what we are doing and I have no clue who will say yes and no. It’s certainly refreshing to be in the conversation with a good shot at all these kids but I just think those that are wanting to save spots etc because they think we have all these guys lined up to say yes…well not so fast. I’d say if we land 2 of our top targets it will be viewed as wildly successful.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Maedhros said:

Felt this way for a while, but we're officially out. Shame, I thought he looked fantastic in the cream and crimson. Trilly heard UGA is the clear team to beat.

Well I hate to hear this, but you can't get em all.  Newell sure seemed like he'd be a great fit, though.