2024 G Travis Perry Commits to Kentucky

Indykev

Watching his highlights this spring... he kind of reminds me of Hulls. He doesn't play exclusively on the ball like a Yogi/Cupps. He isn't plus athletically or size wise but still gets to the rim some with teams having to respect his shot plus a little deceptively quick. 

37 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

His dream school offered and he didn’t commit. Probably for the same reason you stated. If Cal really wanted him he would be a wildcat. 

Correct, but they already took Sheppard in 23 and UK wasn't taking both. Perry is the better player imo. Hulls is also one of the staff members pushing for Perry too fwiw. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Correct, but they already took Sheppard in 23 and UK wasn't taking both. Perry is the better player imo. Hulls is also one of the staff members pushing for Perry too fwiw. 

I wouldn’t say perry is better. They aren’t recruiting over Sheppard but they would perry. Perry is a conditional offer by many. 

49 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

I wouldn’t say perry is better. They aren’t recruiting over Sheppard but they would perry. Perry is a conditional offer by many. 

I would and that's why I said imo. I don't happen to share the same opinions as Coach Cal

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

A lot of people in KY who have seen him play think he’s better than Shepperd. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ve seen him play. Eddyville isn’t far. People in KY haven’t exactly seen many great high school games. Indiana side is a completely different world. I watch a lot of high school ball. London, Lexington and Louisville areas are an exception. The rest has mites. Lots of 6’ or under post players. I was shocked that I was the 2nd tallest guy in my workplace out of 400 people. I’m 6’2”. 

Edited by Victobmyboy
  • Like 1

Perry is well built and has a good body and skill set for the B1G.  I wouldn’t dismiss him because of where he’s from.  You can’t win when it matters with a roster full of guys like him like Purdue tries to do but he can be lethal at IU with different talent and more inspired coaching around him. 

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 10/20/2023 at 4:35 PM, go_iu_bb said:

I keep seeing Perry's name thrown around after the Fland miss. Is Perry better than a sophomore Cupps? It seems like going the portal route for a PG would be the better option but I don't know which is why I'm asking.

Perry is a guy some people thought the staff might turn to or should turn to. That doesn't appear to be the route they are going to go. 

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Perry is a guy some people thought the staff might turn to or should turn to. That doesn't appear to be the route they are going to go. 

Our guard recruiting seems pretty suspect, at least numbers wise.  

We finally seem to be doing well with big guys but have no depth in quality guards.

If not Perry, then who do you think we are after for guards?  Harper seems like a pipedream.

On 10/20/2023 at 4:35 PM, go_iu_bb said:

I keep seeing Perry's name thrown around after the Fland miss. Is Perry better than a sophomore Cupps? It seems like going the portal route for a PG would be the better option but I don't know which is why I'm asking.

Not sure 

Perry is an average athlete…more of a SG or combo 

great shooter 

Just watched a little Blue v White scrimmage 

Reed Shepherd looked pretty average 

Hart played….🥱

• 3 weeks later...