IUBB 22/‘23

19 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Next year was lining up to be a big opportunity for him, but I wonder if that idea has passed. I would bet that he won’t be back next year. 

I definitely wouldn't be surprised but we could use more than one guy his size, even if it's only 10 minutes a game.  But maybe he's just not a high major talent?

6 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Wow...how bad is a sinus infection to require surgery?!!!

Chronic sinusitis is bad! Imagine having a brain freeze that doesn’t go away! That’s how bad it gets! I had sinus issues when I was a teenager. Thank fully I outgrew it to the point that I still have chronic sinusitis but at least I don’t have the headaches! My friend had surgery to clean out his sinuses and surgically open up the openings so his sinuses would drain better. It’s not something to kid about or mock!

4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Chronic sinusitis is bad! Imagine having a brain freeze that doesn’t go away! That’s how bad it gets! I had sinus issues when I was a teenager. Thank fully I outgrew it to the point that I still have chronic sinusitis but at least I don’t have the headaches! My friend had surgery to clean out his sinuses and surgically open up the openings so his sinuses would drain better. It’s not something to kid about or mock!

I can count on 2-3 sinus infections a year.  Usually when there's a lot of pollen or mold in the air and/or when the temperature fluctuates wildly.  It's annoying and sometimes I'm miserable for a week, but I've never had the issues you described.  Worst case scenario for me is getting a Z-pack antibiotic to beat a particularly bad sinus infection.

If you thought I was mocking it or joking, that's not the case.  I've simply never experienced the level of sinus infection you are describing and have never heard of it resulting in surgery.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

I can count on 2-3 sinus infections a year.  Usually when there's a lot of pollen or mold in the air and/or when the temperature fluctuates wildly.  It's annoying and sometimes I'm miserable for a week, but I've never had the issues you described.  Worst case scenario for me is getting a Z-pack antibiotic to beat a particularly bad sinus infection.

If you thought I was mocking it or joking, that's not the case.  I've simply never experienced the level of sinus infection you are describing and have never heard of it resulting in surgery.

I did not take it as you were mocking, my apologies. Your post was just the best Segway to say it’s a very real problem. My friend used to work for me, we had to setup an FMLA (family medical leave account) for him just so he wouldn’t get terminated for missing so much time.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I did not take it as you were mocking, my apologies. Your post was just the best Segway to say it’s a very real problem. My friend used to work for me, we had to setup an FMLA (family medical leave account) for him just so he wouldn’t get terminated for missing so much time.

No worries.  I've apparently lived a pretty sheltered life.  My sinus infections must be pretty mild compared to what you've described.  Learn something new every day...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Drroogh said:

It's brutal. I had this about 15 years ago. Sinus infection for a solid 3 months. Multiple Z-packs did nothing. Neither did stronger antibiotics. Pain got so bad that codeine wouldn't touch it. Finally had the surgery and was a new man.  

Surgery itself was a piece of cake but the recovery was... let's just call it... unpleasant.

Haven't had a sinus infection since then though. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

It's brutal. I had this about 15 years ago. Sinus infection for a solid 3 months. Multiple Z-packs did nothing. Neither did stronger antibiotics. Pain got so bad that codeine wouldn't touch it. Finally had the surgery and was a new man.  

Surgery itself was a piece of cake but the recovery was... let's just call it... unpleasant.

Haven't had a sinus infection since then though. 

You’re lucky, my friend had the surgery and still has issues!

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's one thing that I'll never under appreciate. In less than 24 months Coach Woodson has us not only in tourney again...but leaning towards 3-4 seed line. After 4 years of Archie and having to spend weeks/months watching the bubble our program is on firm ground with the guys to make a run. 

This feels like what it should be like all the time. Amen to you Coach Woodson. 

In that article Jeff Whatshisname penned right after Woody was hired that got linked here comparing his hire to Juwan Howard, he described Coach Woodson as "low energy."

He comes off in interviews as low key and laid back...But watching Woody on the sidelines for two years, he's anything but... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 6

24 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

In that article Jeff Whatshisname penned right after Woody was hired that got linked here comparing his hire to Juwan Howard, he described Coach Woodson as "low energy."

He comes off in interviews as low key and laid back...But watching Woody on the sidelines for two years, he's anything but... 

Goodman is coming around...but most likely because his daughter is at IU and he's trying to get in good with staff.  Goodman showed his knowledge that day like plenty of days. Just read it and move along. Nothing substantive. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Best case would have been no injury because with him we cruise to the Big 10 title. With that said seems like this will work out just fine. Back by Purdue game. Start building up the endurance for final 3 games and get ready for tourney runs. 

Just glad he gets to go out playing. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Best case would have been no injury because with him we cruise to the Big 10 title. With that said seems like this will work out just fine. Back by Purdue game. Start building up the endurance for final 3 games and get ready for tourney runs. 

Just glad he gets to go out playing. 

Without the injury to XJ and Race we don’t lose Iowa or either Northwestern. Think we still lose to Penn State and Maryland.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, southsidehoosier said:

Without the injury to XJ and Race we don’t lose Iowa or either Northwestern. Think we still lose to Penn State and Maryland.

My thoughts exactly. Those two are perfect defensive matchups for those teams. Race was doing an excellent job defensively vs Murray before he got hurt. X is our best on ball defender and is the perfect defensive match for Buie, who killed us in both games. We lost those 3 games by a combined 5 points.

Also, with X being suspended last year at NW, he'll finish his 2 years at IU having never played NW in the regular season. I honestly think there's a chance we win last years game too if he played.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

Can't auto-agree about Maryland. XJ would have defended Young better than JHS did. 

JHS has struggled defensively against those types of guards. XJ does not. 

• Like 3