IUBB 22/‘23

28 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

You went on the road at Maryland and physical perimeter defense led to a bunch of fouls 

At home it’s not called 

I see the angle i.e. Purdue and Rutgers i.e. our guards,etc...but losing at Maryland had more to do with 6-25 shooting from JHS, TG, and Kopp. Kind of like Loyer and Smith going 5-20. When the ball doesn't go in you don't win regardless of how games are called.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I see the angle i.e. Purdue and Rutgers i.e. our guards,etc...but losing at Maryland had more to do with 6-25 shooting from JHS, TG, and Kopp. Kind of like Loyer and Smith going 5-20. When the ball doesn't go in you don't win regardless of how games are called.

Basketball isn't a complicated game - lot of winning and losing comes down to just making shots. The higher up you go in basketball, the more that is true. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

You went on the road at Maryland and physical perimeter defense led to a bunch of fouls 

At home it’s not called 

What are you talking about?  I think Rutgers is the only big 10 game IU has had a positive foul discrepancy.  

Against purdue it was about even but you guys shot 58% from the line. 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 8:15 AM, Inequality said:

They have won 2 games. Not exactly a B1G championship. One game under .500 isn’t that impressive. Let’s see how the rest of the season plays out before breaking out the pedestal.

Your response is just as knee jerk as the reaction you’re calling out.

The team is playing to their potential now which is what folks was calling out.

knock knock

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

knock knock

Between that thread and the post game Penn St thread. Lots to learn about fandom. Good and bad....but mostly bad about our fans. I mean everyone was wanting to join Jack and Rose in the water.

Now? The Hoosiers are a coming and still have a ton of more time to get X back. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

What are you talking about?  I think Rutgers is the only big 10 game IU has had a positive foul discrepancy.  

Against purdue it was about even but you guys shot 58% from the line. 

I just remember RMK saying how much  control a defender could have with a thumb on the hip 

9 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

At home it’s not called 

Been watching IU since mid 80s…been a long time since we got a home whistle like we used to. I’m not going to complain…we have to go against those calls on the road. It’s nice every once in awhile to have a little home cookin. Rutgers plays pretty rough as well…I think the officials let a lot go both ways but no doubt we had an advantage. Hope it continues too…we’ve have years of bad officiating to balance out lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

IU will play only one game each against the 5 teams currently at the bottom of the B1G. MD is the only upper division team we play once, and that was a road game. 
All remaining 7 games are against upper division teams. Four of next five on the road. Definitely toughest remaining schedule among contenders 

I know it's just the luck of the draw, but you really couldn't have designed a more difficult schedule for IU if you tried. With how the teams are currently ranked, IU has the 3rd most difficult schedule, behind only Minnesota and Ohio State (they don't get to play themselves). Here's how the other top half teams SOS ranks: Purdue (13th), Rutgers (11th), Michigan (10th), Illinois (14th), Iowa (8th), Northwestern (4th). If IU is able to get a double bye in the BTT, it'd be all the more impressive considering how the schedule turned out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Kdug said:

I know it's just the luck of the draw, but you really couldn't have designed a more difficult schedule for IU if you tried. With how the teams are currently ranked, IU has the 3rd most difficult schedule, behind only Minnesota and Ohio State (they don't get to play themselves). Here's how the other top half teams SOS ranks: Purdue (13th), Rutgers (11th), Michigan (10th), Illinois (14th), Iowa (8th), Northwestern (4th). If IU is able to get a double bye in the BTT, it'd be all the more impressive considering how the schedule turned out.

We also got really unlucky with the timing of our injuries too. Obviously you never want injuries, but the injuries to XJ and more specifically Race, came during g what you would probably call the weakest part of the Big Ten schedule. 

You can argue it both ways since we're better positioned now for the tough part, but if healthy I feel pretty confident in assuming we don't lose all 3 of Iowa, NW and PSU. Probably go 2-1 in that stretch at worst. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Kdug said:

I was looking for that information earlier this week. Where did you find thenin conference SOS?

40 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

I was looking for that information earlier this week. Where did you find thenin conference SOS?

Torvik has a ton of free advanced statistics, so I typically use his info. Here's where I found the SOS info from: https://www.barttorvik.com/conf.php?conf=B10&year=2023. There's other sources for SOS like kenpom, but I'd imagine most would show a similar story.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, dgambill said:

Been watching IU since mid 80s…been a long time since we got a home whistle like we used to. I’m not going to complain…we have to go against those calls on the road. It’s nice every once in awhile to have a little home cookin. Rutgers plays pretty rough as well…I think the officials let a lot go both ways but no doubt we had an advantage. Hope it continues too…we’ve have years of bad officiating to balance out lol.

It was fun to see the Damon half court charge on unsuspecting big man just running 🏃‍♀️up the court brought back by TG 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

IU will play only one game each against the 5 teams currently at the bottom of the B1G. MD is the only upper division team we play once, and that was a road game. 
All remaining 7 games are against upper division teams. Four of next five on the road. Definitely toughest remaining schedule among contenders 

I know there are surprise teams year in and out so it's impossible to nail the scheduling each year....but I'd almost ask the Big 10 to hire some consultant or basketball guy that has no affiliation with Big 10 teams but knows the teams and just say is this fair? 

I mean if every IU fan can take 5 minutes after the schedule release and say Purdue, Illinois, and Michigan got it easy.....how can it be so difficult to get it right. I'm not asking for 100%....but as you said we play the bottom 5 teams only once and 4 of those were projected to be bottom teams before season started.