IUBB 22/‘23

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Then your argument is with the coach, not the program. It's been discussed ad nauseum on here how CAM failed the program. Any negatives should be directed at him, not the university.

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Then your argument is with the coach, not the program. It's been discussed ad nauseum on here how CAM failed the program. Any negatives should be directed at him, not the university.

JHS will be CMW’s 1st recruit to make it to the NBA, and probably Reneau at some point. And it could be argued that TJD’s development under Woodson, is what will get him to the NBA.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I’m not disagreeing but until CMW gets players to the NBA, there is still a wait and see! The sooner he gets players to the NBA the better!

56 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

One of the negative recruiting themes against Indiana is IU doesn’t put players in the NBA. Much as I would love to have TJD and JHS back next year, I think long term having them go and doing well works in IU’s favor!

Total BS thing fan boy says 

players get themselves into the NBA 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kdug said:

Agreed that it was a CAM issue, and I'd imagine it won't be an issue with Woodson. Just pointing out that we really don't have many recent examples of successful NBA players, mainly thanks to CAM. Don't think it's a big negative considering Woodson's NBA background, but I'm sure it doesn't help when other programs can point to recent draftees.

You're 18 years old, on on hand the staff at XYZ University is telling you Indiana can't get you to the NBA, and on the other hand Mike Woodson has two dozen NBA players gushing about what he did for their NBA career.... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drroogh said:

One of the negative recruiting themes against Indiana is IU doesn’t put players in the NBA. Much as I would love to have TJD and JHS back next year, I think long term having them go and doing well works in IU’s favor!

Sorry, but if people think "IU doesn't put players in the NBA," they aren't paying attention. 

In any case, we need to be targeting good college players who might become good enough to reach the NBA some day, not players who are looking for the fastest way there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Every time I see Malik's last name it reminds of one of those hideous cars in the 80's.... the Renault Le Car. Oh my....😆

40k Mile 1980 Renault Le Car | Barn Finds

Back when I was teaching, I owned a Renault--not the Le Car. Only thing I could afford on a teacher's salary as a second car. Eventually gave it to my teenaged son who essentially trashed it.

12 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Every time I see Malik's last name it reminds of one of those hideous cars in the 80's.... the Renault Le Car. Oh my....😆

40k Mile 1980 Renault Le Car | Barn Finds

Last time I saw one of those it was on its side in the right lane of I-64 just east of St Louis...Circa 1982...

A very ineteresting night :) 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Heck all you needed was a couple of healthy people to push it back on the wheels and you could have drove it away!

I wasn't in the LeCar...I was in a Mustang II with a drunk lady at the wheel who almost hit the Illinois State Trooper, whose car was right in front of the Renault with lights fully flashing, in the rear...Scared the cop half to death...he came back to yell at her...She yelled back...cursed him out...Thought we were going to jail that night...But he let us go...

Like I said, interesting night :) 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I wasn't in the LeCar...I was in a Mustang II with a drunk lady at the wheel who almost hit the Illinois State Trooper, whose car was right in front of the Renault with lights fully flashing, in the rear...Scared the cop half to death...he came back to yell at her...She yelled back...cursed him out...Thought we were going to jail that night...But he let us go...

Like I said, interesting night :) 

I read Mustang II and had to stop 😂 car was almost as bad as a LeCar! Glad you all survived!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

75% talent 

24% work 

1% coaching 

You think why players get into the league, stay in the league longer than 4 days....and flourish is only 1% of the equation? Haven't read anything that funny in awhile. Players get themselves into the league but you don't think what the coaches teach about reading offenses, defenses, film study,etc...all add up to more than 1%? 

I mean I guess I understand since Purdue hasn't put a guy in the league that stayed longer than 10 days besides Ivey but I think you need to reevaluate how important coaching is in that equation. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

You think why players get into the league, stay in the league longer than 4 days....and flourish is only 1% of the equation? Haven't read anything that funny in awhile. Players get themselves into the league but you don't think what the coaches teach about reading offenses, defenses, film study,etc...all add up to more than 1%? 

I mean I guess I understand since Purdue hasn't put a guy in the league that stayed longer than 10 days besides Ivey but I think you need to reevaluate how important coaching is in that equation. Just my 2 cents.

I’m saying a certain coach….Cal or Self or Brantley (big man coach 😳) doesn’t have magic dust or knowledge that others don’t 

I’m assuming coach’s are more of a constant than a variable 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

75% talent 

24% work 

1% coaching 

I would argue that CMW has had a major impact on TJD (much more than 1%). Granted he’s a very gifted athlete, and always has been, but the improvement over his two years with coach Woodson is dramatic. There are and have been a lot of gifted athletes that never even sniff the league. That’s where work and coaching come into the equation. Of course, there’s always exceptions where talent and talent alone get them there, but not often.

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I read Mustang II and had to stop 😂 car was almost as bad as a LeCar! Glad you all survived!

Agreed. I love cars and always have since I was a kid, especially muscle car. During my high school years, on any given Friday or Saturday night we were either out cruising, drag racing or tinkering in someone's garage. I had a 66 Oldsmobile with a 330 Rocket and a 72 mustang with a 302.... Those were some good time.

However.....the Mustang II, What was Ford thinking? lol

Ford Mustang II Ghia: Sleeper or Just Sleepy? - eBay Motors Blog

• Haha 2