IUBB 22/‘23

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Back when I was teaching, I owned a Renault--not the Le Car. Only thing I could afford on a teacher's salary as a second car. Eventually gave it to my teenaged son who essentially trashed it.

I had a Renault Alliance as a rental car once. I swear it had a sewing machine motor. A dump truck pulled away from me at a stop light when I had the accelerator to the floor. Got about 40 mpg though 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Agreed. I love cars and always have since I was a kid, especially muscle car. During my high school years, on any given Friday or Saturday night we were either out cruising, drag racing or tinkering in someone's garage. I had a 66 Oldsmobile with a 330 Rocket and a 72 mustang with a 302.... Those were some good time.

However.....the Mustang II, What was Ford thinking? lol

Ford Mustang II Ghia: Sleeper or Just Sleepy? - eBay Motors Blog

Still remember Ford trying to push their huge mistake by getting the II placed in shows like Charlies Angles! Can I say the II was almost as bad as the Edsel! 
Actually going to say as someone who has actual experience with Edsels, the Mustang II was light years worse!!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Still remember Ford trying to push their huge mistake by getting the II placed in shows like Charlies Angles! Can I say the II was almost as bad as the Edsel! 
Actually going to say as someone who has actual experience with Edsels, the Mustang II was light years worse!!

Totally Agree…

• Like 1

Good read... Snippets from Coach Woodson's radio show with guests Trayce and Race... especially liked... 

Woodson: “[Malik Reneau] was on a roller coaster for a while, and a lot of it was just because he wasn’t playing hard enough. I’ve been on him a lot in practice about treating practice just like a game. It’s a notch more when you get to the real game. … He’s starting to figure that part out because he’s playing hard."

Jackson-Davis: "Kaleb [Banks] has been really solid the last few games. I know after I’m gone and Race is gone, those four dudes will carry to the program to a high standard."

Jackson-Davis: “For the first time all year, I’m healthy. At the beginning of the year I had some issues with my hands, and my back spasms started in December. Then taking a few weeks off was huge for me in helping me recover."

Thompson: “I know in the past we’ve had kind of cliquey teams, but the past two years with coach Woodson, it hasn’t been like that at all. Everybody is pretty tight."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

19 hours ago, BGleas said:

Wow! That's just amazing. He is so important to what IU does. 

And yet, he doesn't get much love in the MVP voting. He may not be flashy, he may not be smooth, but damn....he is effective! Always has been one of my favorites because he plays with intensity most players can only dream of.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Good read... Snippets from Coach Woodson's radio show with guests Trayce and Race... especially liked... 

Woodson: “[Malik Reneau] was on a roller coaster for a while, and a lot of it was just because he wasn’t playing hard enough. I’ve been on him a lot in practice about treating practice just like a game. It’s a notch more when you get to the real game. … He’s starting to figure that part out because he’s playing hard."

Jackson-Davis: "Kaleb [Banks] has been really solid the last few games. I know after I’m gone and Race is gone, those four dudes will carry to the program to a high standard."

Jackson-Davis: “For the first time all year, I’m healthy. At the beginning of the year I had some issues with my hands, and my back spasms started in December. Then taking a few weeks off was huge for me in helping me recover."

Thompson: “I know in the past we’ve had kind of cliquey teams, but the past two years with coach Woodson, it hasn’t been like that at all. Everybody is pretty tight."

Who are those four dudes?  

Katz: Indiana. The Hoosiers are being carried by Trayce Jackson-Davis and have a superstar in Jalen Hood-Schifino. I don't care what happens in the rest of the Big Ten season. I've seen Indiana at its best against North Carolina up close and I watched the Purdue game — I'm all in on the potential of this group. The Hoosiers' defense will get better once Xavier Johnson returns. They've got a bit of a chip after the disappointing game against Saint Mary's in the NCAA round of 64. TJD has the ability to go off for 30. He was the nation's leading rebounder in the month of January. He is one of the best defenders. I'm all in on Indiana as a sleeper to make a deep run.  

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/college-basketball/early-ncaa-tournament-look-who-is-poised-to-make-noise-in-march

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

For those that think TJD can’t shoot, take note of Race and him making half court shots heading to the locker room!

He can’t 🤣. Which is surprising bc he’s a pretty good FT shooter. Crap, he doesn’t even shoot it anymore outside of a few feet, let alone make any. But the way he’s dominated anyway, I’m good with that. 

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

He can’t 🤣. Which is surprising bc he’s a pretty good FT shooter. Crap, he doesn’t even shoot it anymore outside of a few feet, let alone make any. But the way he’s dominated anyway, I’m good with that. 

I think that’s the thing, why would you take away his A game to have him shoot 3s? I like him initiating offense from the top and beating the defender for a slam!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Race is shooting 90% from the line in conference play and 75% for the season. 

This is one of many reasons why he is starting and playing more minutes than Reneau.  Race is a veteran, better defender, and can make free throws in the clutch.  Reneau is really good right now and will be a better player than Race probably as soon as next season, but in close grind it out game situations, Race is the better option right now. 

• Like 6