Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

33 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Watching Rutgers at Illinois and my first thought is...

Jesus, can't Pikiell scare up some old pictures of Gene Keady and get that comb over looking decent? The "Just for Men" Gene used would help too...

🙂

Watching a little of this game and texting with some Illini friends. I don't know how a staff who gets beat by Loyola purely because of their players inability to not understand high ball screen defense or even mid ball screen defense doesn't adjust to that and teach that these last few seasons. Expect many more Rutgers layups or 14 footers if the players just drop.

Both teams are playing ugly which is what they want. Whoever hits 2 3 pointers in final 3 minutes wins this one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Big Ten refs are so bad. Rutgers clearly, 100% defects an Illinois pass put of bounds right in front of an official. 

The ref literally couldn't have been in better position, and he gives the ball to Rutgers. 

Just insane that they can he that bad. 

I'd forgive every one of them if they could fix it so both Rutgers and Illinois lose today

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Credit to Illinois. Rutgers can't make a shot and they've hit the run they need. I don't think Rutgers has scored in a half hour of real time before these last 2 possessions.

Actually we should be pulling for Illinois... We're done with Rutgers until the BTT... can't put any distance between us and them without help... Illini we still have for a date in Bloomington... 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Actually we should be pulling for Illinois... We're done with Rutgers until the BTT... can't put any distance between us and them without help... Illini we still have for a date in Bloomington... 

Yep...I don't say that easily but an Illini win doesn't hurt but helps us because we'll beat them next weekend. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

At least he admitted it...maybe the fired Fort Lauderdale police chief is realizing just saying sorry I screwed up might get him some more gigs down the stretch. All these refs start angling for tourney time. 

PS...I couldn't believe he missed that in real time.

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

At least he admitted it...maybe the fired Fort Lauderdale police chief is realizing just saying sorry I screwed up might get him some more gigs down the stretch. All these refs start angling for tourney time. 

PS...I couldn't believe he missed that in real time.

All 3 guys missed it!

Bad loss for Wisconsin's NCAA hopes.

• Like 2

On 2/10/2023 at 12:37 PM, MoyeCowbell said:

Enjoy it!

Lord knows there were so many opposing fans that LOVED and RELISHED Indiana going through its 'dark' period over the last 20+ years (and especially the CAM period). We were repeatedly kicked while we were down and the haters never relented in taking shots at us.

I, for one, will not shed a tear over tOSU's struggles. Should Wisconsin's program fall in a pit of eternal despair, I might throw a party and celebrate.

Nebraska is bringing the fruit punch. Who's getting the balloons and cake?

• Haha 1