Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

I think the crew at Delphi Bracketology does as fine a job as anyone. With that said the other day they mentioned a few things about how IU might have go East or West because first they can't be in Purdue's bracket as a 4 (for whatever reason) and Marquette couldn't be in same as Xavier....so there was a scenario where IU was a 4 seed but we open in Albany?

Like I said those guys have done a phenomenal job but if we open as a 4 seed anywhere not named Louisville or Columbus I'll be kind of ticked.

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think the crew at Delphi Bracketology does as fine a job as anyone. With that said the other day they mentioned a few things about how IU might have go East or West because first they can't be in Purdue's bracket as a 4 (for whatever reason) and Marquette couldn't be in same as Xavier....so there was a scenario where IU was a 4 seed but we open in Albany?

Like I said those guys have done a phenomenal job but if we open as a 4 seed anywhere not named Louisville or Columbus I'll be kind of ticked.

Well Louisville doesn’t have opening round games, so it won’t be there.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

There are guidelines as to teams from the same conference playing each other.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I think IU should be happy getting a 4 seed no matter where it is.

Maybe but I still don't think even our own fans realize how much the injuries have changed things this year. Name one team who has dealt with what we've dealt with this year that's our competition on the 3, 4 or 5 lines in terms of injuries.

My bias aside....what we've been able to accomplish with quality wins and tough close losses we should get the benefit come a week from Sunday at 6.

• Like 2

All the more reason to question guys like Lunardi and Palm because they ignore the seeding rules!

• Like 1

Maybe but I still don't think even our own fans realize how much the injuries have changed things this year. Name one team who has dealt with what we've dealt with this year that's our competition on the 3, 4 or 5 lines in terms of injuries.

My bias aside....what we've been able to accomplish with quality wins and tough close losses we should get the benefit come a week from Sunday at 6.

I think we are right now, solidly a 4. A win against Michigan clinches that without further discussion.

I think some factors from there could boost us to a 3, including in no particular order:

• Impact of injuries (I believe Race is already being accounted for, we saw that in the first release) and any consideration of X would be contingent on X actually being available. Injury considerations kinda required the injured player to be available again...
  • A few teams on the fringe of Quad 1/Quad 2 moving into Quad 1, boosting our resume
  • How the other 3/4 line teams perform
  • Any wins in the conference tournament, particular games Saturday or earlier. Don't think the Sunday game will matter at all even if it happens. 
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I didn’t know about this rule until this year when they were talking about possible problems seeding the Big 12, but in the 1-4 seeds they can’t put 2 teams from the same conference in the same region.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUJoe said:

I didn’t know about this rule until this year when they were talking about possible problems seeding the Big 12, but in the 1-4 seeds they can’t put 2 teams from the same conference in the same region.

Unless there is more than 4 teams, correct. 

2 hours ago, IUJoe said:

That's what it was. Thanks for adding that in. So Midwest is out across the board. Hopefully we go South and get in same bracket as Houston. Louisville Sweet 16 would be a nice reward for getting shipped for first two games.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's what it was. Thanks for adding that in. So Midwest is out across the board. Hopefully we go South and get in same bracket as Houston. Louisville Sweet 16 would be a nice reward for getting shipped for first two games.

Just curious, why is Midwest out?

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Purdue may not be the 1 in the Midwest though. Kansas seems more likely to me. 

And that's been the debate going on all week long. Kansas as 1 means Midwest is Open to IU at 4....but because of Xavier and Marquette it may not be. So Purdue goes East which means the same for IU. These are those little rules of bracketology that most people find out between now and two Sundays and go what is that??

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And that's been the debate going on all week long. Kansas as 1 means Midwest is Open to IU at 4....but because of Xavier and Marquette it may not be. So Purdue goes East which means the same for IU. These are those little rules of bracketology that most people find out between now and two Sundays and go what is that??

I believe, and could be wrong, but the conference rule is a hard rule unless there are more than 4 1-4 seeds from a conference. So that would take priority over the “higher” 4 seed getting a priority location.

On 3/2/2023 at 2:25 PM, ledies22 said:

Mayer returning from being sick.... caffeine poisoning from drinking 6 Monsters staying up late to play video games.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/college-basketball/illinois-matthew-mayer-returns-to-practice-after-caffeine-posining

He's lucky he didn't blow out his heart.  I once downed two java monsters in about 40 minutes and ended up in the ER.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

He's lucky he didn't blow out his heart.  I once downed two java monsters in about 40 minutes and ended up in the ER.

2 Falls ago in between afternoon and evening games I bought what I thought was the Kroger version of 5 hour energy drink. Same bottle size and right next to them in store. Shot it for a quick pick me up. Turned out I drank the stuff your supposed to mix with like 2 gallons of water. Had 24 servings. Besides the heart racing, heart attack pending and oddly dead tired for some reason....I ended up at ER and just had to down water like crazy to flush it all out.

That stuff is just liquid speed. Won't ever touch any of that stuff again.

To keep the thread on point though. Go Rutgers or Penn St.

• Like 2