Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The standings I just saw was us at 6th and UM 5th. We beat UM then it looks like we would have to have one of the three to lose NW, Iowa or Maryland 

That is correct. Based on what you said we would get the 4 seed.

In order to get the 3 seed we would need Nebraska and Penn State to win.

For a 2 seed we would need Nebraska, Penn State, and Rutgers to win.

3 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Anyone have a good read on who the likely 5 seeds are if we end up the 4?  Sorry if this has already been covered.  This thread with the seed talk is starting to feel like a coaching search thread that has grown by ten pages every time I check in. 

The highest likelihood is MSU being a 5 seed at 11-8 the second but unlikely scenario is Illinois if they beat Purdue.

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

This thread with the seed talk is starting to feel like a coaching search thread that has grown by ten pages every time I check in. 

Good analogy. I was busy during the day but checked in a couple times but didn't have time to read everything. 

Just need an updated grid from @rico that will tell you everything you need to know. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Waiting for the 500 internal error to correct itself.

Only way I see us not getting double bye is if Maryland and Northwestern both win on road. Just my 2 cents. 

That is pretty much the conclusion I think I remember arriving at.  That NW at Rutgers game is at 7:30 Sunday night. Might be sweating this out until the very end.