Mock Drafts

5fouls

6 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

FWIW, The Athletic's "model" has IU/KSU as the 4th most likely 1st round upset at 33.3%. VA/Furman is the highest at almost 40%, followed by IA St (if MS ST wins in 1st four) and Creighton. Miami is 5th most likely. 

For real though, I think this is a great 4 team tourney this weekend in Albany. Establish what we do well, early. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MoyeCowbell said:

First being they were a very, very solid team.

I think those that followed closely knew that they were far from an easy team to dispatch. We had to play a great game to win, and unfortunately, did the opposite.

We had the whole play in game/travel issue to deal with as well. Don’t know of many teams that could have played on Tuesday then traveled through 3 time zones only to play an early afternoon Thursday game 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rico said:

That '86 loss was a bitter pill to swallow.  I still think about Mouse McFadden to this day.

It was the 1988 Richmond Spiders beating the defending national champion Indiana team for me.  That seemed to be when teams stopped fearing us, and Knight lost some of his aura.   

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

We had the whole play in game/travel issue to deal with as well. Don’t know of many teams that could have played on Tuesday then traveled through 3 time zones only to play an early afternoon Thursday game 

ND had to do the same thing but Wednesday to Friday and they won their game

30 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

It was the 1988 Richmond Spiders beating the defending national champion Indiana team for me.  That seemed to be when teams stopped fearing us, and Knight lost some of his aura.   

That was a tough loss, but I would say the aura lasted until '94 and the Boston College game in the S16. That seemed to crack things, and from '95 through to 2012 were rough as a result. (The 2002 was a nice team, but they were objectively overachievers.) The '07-0'8 team was very good on the court, but not sure if they were feared; same thing with Crean's '12 team.

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Do you think about him a lot?  Or, a WHOLE lot?  

I honestly hear and see the name "McFadden" damn near every day.  There is a brother and sister out of South Bend that do the news on channel 16, WNDU.  Their names?  Terry and Maureen McFadden.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

The more I watch TJD the more I feel like he’s gonna move up draft boards. Does so many things for us. And he can establish an outside shot.  Can’t teach the other stuff he does. 

But he still doesn’t have a right hand?! 

Who cares!!

• 2 weeks later...

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/nba-mock-draft-march-madness-ncaa-tournament-projections

#25 - Indiana Pacers (Via Cleveland)

USATSI_19380319.jpg

Indiana Hoosiers, Freshman, 6-5

DRAFT AGE: 20.0

Indiana’s Jalen Hood-Schifino earned Big Ten Rookie of the Year after averaging 13.5 points, 4.1 rebounds, and 3.7 assists per game. He needs to improve his jumper, but anyone who looks as comfortable as he does in ball screens is a sure-fire first-round draft pick.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/2023-nba-mock-draft-60-post-march-madness-edition

#24 - Sacramento Kings

#24 Sacramento Kings: Jalen Hood-Schifino

Team: Indiana Hoosiers 
Year: Freshman
Position: PG/SG
Height/Weight: 6'6, 215 lbs

If Hood-Schifino developed a more consistent 3-point shot, he might have been in the lottery conversation. A big guard (6-foot-6, 215 pounds) who can penetrate the paint and facilitate at an elite level in the high post is a hot commodity for draft evaluators. His go-to shot is the midrange pull-up jumper. - TB

https://uproxx.com/dimemag/nba-mock-draft-2023-final-four-edition/

16. Los Angeles Lakers (via New Orleans) – Jalen Hood-Schifino (G, Indiana)

jalen hood-schifino

He’s not a nuclear athlete, but Hood-Schifino is 6’6 with the ability to shoot, pass, and affect the game in myriad ways. He didn’t play well in the NCAA Tournament, but that shouldn’t scare anyone away. He’s a potential lottery pick.

• Like 1