Mock Drafts

5fouls

35 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I get that but still....

Well I think it's a pretty lazy/uninformed opinion myself.  He's looked pretty good at the combine...at least partially addressed shooting concerns, which were probably the number one hangup on TJD because of the tiny sample size in college.  He may not be the most athletic player, but I see him being productive and worthy of a late 1st round pick.  We'll see...

• Like 2

I won't pretend to know all the nuances of NBA. There are several college players who I thought were great who don't even smell the league.

My bias aside....I just have a hard time believing that a player like TJD doesn't translate. Don't even care about the lack of outside shot. The way Woodson used him on offense this year seems like a poster child for what he could do at next level. Would love the Pacers to snag him with one of their seconds if still around. 

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I won't pretend to know all the nuances of NBA. There are several college players who I thought were great who don't even smell the league.

My bias aside....I just have a hard time believing that a player like TJD doesn't translate. Don't even care about the lack of outside shot. The way Woodson used him on offense this year seems like a poster child for what he could do at next level. Would love the Pacers to snag him with one of their seconds if still around. 

It makes too much sense from a PR perspective for it not to happen if he is there in the 2nd round.  Fever made a similar decision with Grace Berger this year. No, you don't pass up a sure thing (which a 2nd rounder is never a sure thing), but all other things being equal, go with the hometown guy.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It makes too much sense from a PR perspective for it not to happen if he is there in the 2nd round.  Fever made a similar decision with Grace Berger this year. No, you don't pass up a sure thing (which a 2nd rounder is never a sure thing), but all other things being equal, go with the hometown guy.  

And not just because he's the hometown guy(that helps) but he's one of the best passing bigs from college in recent years. You mean to tell me he wouldn't fit in great with Pacers where they could dump into him and he can find one of the open guards/wings we have? 

I'd love for some of our more knowledgeable NBA guys to correct me but how would that not work? I mean if the Warriors are going to move on from Draymond Green wouldn't he work perfect there??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

And not just because he's the hometown guy(that helps) but he's one of the best passing bigs from college in recent years. You mean to tell me he wouldn't fit in great with Pacers where they could dump into him and he can find one of the open guards/wings we have? 

I'd love for some of our more knowledgeable NBA guys to correct me but how would that not work? I mean if the Warriors are going to move on from Draymond Green wouldn't he work perfect there??

I understand if a team passes on him in the first round, given all the contract guarantees that come with that.  But, 2nd round?  If he does fall to 2nd round, we'll look back at the draft and conclude he was one of the 2-3 best 2nd rounders in this draft.  He brings too much to the table not to be.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Kind of right idea, wrong execution. He isn't getting doubled in the low post in the NBA like he did here, but he'll be great in the high post and in dribble hand off situations.

I honestly think he might be like a poor man's Bam. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Madison22 said:

JHS can invite up to 10 guests to the Green Room.  Expect Mike Woodson, along with family and agent.

It would be awesome if he had some spots for the 2024 Montverde players we're recruiting.

Should invite Xavier….if he doesn’t break his foot then JHS would never had the impact he had.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...