Mock Drafts

5fouls

6 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

As much as I'd like to have him back next year, I doubt that happens. I only hope that Malik doesn’t decide to make a change once his best friend moves on. So easy to do in today’s world.

No way Malik leaves. (I know, anything could happen.) Kid is a crucial part of this team. Appears to truly enjoy being at IU. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

No way Malik leaves. (I know, anything could happen.) Kid is a crucial part of this team. Appears to truly enjoy being at IU. 

I hope you’re right, but there’s always someone that surprises you in today’s crazy world of college sports. Don’t get me wrong, I hope they both come back next year, so we can keep the momentum going, and build the team around them. 

• Like 1

Looks like he is either ranked 16-18th or he isn't ranked at all.  Super weird.  Don't think he sticks around for another year though.  Would love for him to come back next year though and lead the team.  He will be a beast no matter where

BleacherReport
JSH - 16
TJD - 34

CBS
JSH - 16
TJD - NR

NBC
Not Ranked

nbadraftroom.com
JHS - 16
TJD - 23

247Sports
JHS - NR
TJD - NR

Looks like he is either ranked 16-18th or he isn't ranked at all.  Super weird.  Don't think he sticks around for another year though.  Would love for him to come back next year though and lead the team.  He will be a beast no matter where

BleacherReport
JSH - 16
TJD - 34

CBS
JSH - 16
TJD - NR

NBC
JHS - NR
TJD - NR

nbadraftroom.com
JHS - 16
TJD - 23

247Sports
JHS - NR
TJD - NR

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

BleacherReport
JSH - 16
TJD - 34

CBS
JSH - 16
TJD - NR

NBC
JHS - NR
TJD - NR

nbadraftroom.com
JHS - 16
TJD - 23

247Sports
JHS - NR
TJD - NR

Doesn’t make much sense to be ranked as high as 16, and not ranked at all in other services. Makes me think some have not updated their rankings.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Doesn’t make much sense to be ranked as high as 16, and not ranked at all in other services. Makes me think some have not updated their rankings.

agreed.  When i watch him, even when he isn't playing particularly well, he still looks like the most talented fluid player on the floor.  He just oozes NBA player.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Only possible way JHS comes back is if TJD comes back.  If they both decided they wanted to make a run with X then that is the only way i see him coming back. And i don't see that happening at all.

Why would that be the only reason JHS comes back? 

I mean, I do think JHS is ultimately going to leave.... but showing the NBA he is a true alpha with TJD gone could absolutely help his draft stock... much more than playing 2nd fiddle again to TJD, imo. 

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

I mean, I do think JHS is ultimately going to leave.... but showing the NBA he is a true alpha with TJD gone could absolutely help his draft stock... much more than playing 2nd fiddle again to TJD, imo. 

I guess its possible he could come back but being projected top 15 is usually a "he's gone" slot.  He showcased enough to get paid well in the draft.  He is obviously an NBA talent and everyone knows it.  Big Guards who would grow more on an NBA squad than at IU, regardless of Woodson being an old NBA guy.  100% work on game with zero conditions and making more than he can from NIL.  Just feels like unless we're set up for WIN IT ALL scenario next year there isn't much more to show.  I mean he can get better in a lot of areas, but NBA scouts know what he is capable of what they can expect from him.

Just my thoughts.  Really i expect him to announce immediately after we lose to Kent State that he is gone.  I kid, i kid, he will wait a couple day LOL

18 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I guess its possible he could come back but being projected top 15 is usually a "he's gone" slot.  He showcased enough to get paid well in the draft.  He is obviously an NBA talent and everyone knows it.  Big Guards who would grow more on an NBA squad than at IU, regardless of Woodson being an old NBA guy.  100% work on game with zero conditions and making more than he can from NIL.  Just feels like unless we're set up for WIN IT ALL scenario next year there isn't much more to show.  I mean he can get better in a lot of areas, but NBA scouts know what he is capable of what they can expect from him.

Just my thoughts.  Really i expect him to announce immediately after we lose to Kent State that he is gone.  I kid, i kid, he will wait a couple day LOL

I can't imagine losing to Kent St, honestly. 

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I can't imagine losing to Kent St, honestly. 

8 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I would hope not, but i won't be surprised with how inconsistent we are on the road

FWIW, The Athletic's "model" has IU/KSU as the 4th most likely 1st round upset at 33.3%. VA/Furman is the highest at almost 40%, followed by IA St (if MS ST wins in 1st four) and Creighton. Miami is 5th most likely. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

FWIW, The Athletic's "model" has IU/KSU as the 4th most likely 1st round upset at 33.3%. VA/Furman is the highest at almost 40%, followed by IA St (if MS ST wins in 1st four) and Creighton. Miami is 5th most likely. 

I mean i hope we get a shot at Huston, which mean Kent State and Miami get taken down, but i am just nervous

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

in my model I have us kicking the shit out of Kent St 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I'm assuming that does not include 7/10 matchups?  Most of those seem to be 50/50.

In any event, that bothers me that we are perceived to be that vulnerable.  With 2 projected first round draft picks, that should not be the case.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I'm assuming that does not include 7/10 matchups?  Most of those seem to be 50/50.

In any event, that bothers me that we are perceived to be that vulnerable.  With 2 projected first round draft picks, that should not be the case.

Yes, it was all 4-6 seeds. The problem isn't our two projected draft picks. It's the supporting cast. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Our supporting cast should be considered as good as Kent State's 3-7 in the rotation.  Right? 

You would think, but no one has stepped up to be a reliable third or fourth scoring option. Other than Malik, the 3-7 don't rebound well and are too slow to guard the perimeter or stop quick guards from driving. Race is a glaring defensive liability. It makes IU vulnerable. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Put on Mackey tape…..game over 

honest question: when was the last time he dove on the floor?