Transfer Portal

DC2345

1 hour ago, jefftheref said:

The ship is sinking! Abandon ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You think we sucked this year, wait until next year and the next year. Doubtful we win a game!

IMHO....It's posters like this who simply make it hard for anyone to want to come to IU and play football. I know we are struggling, but good grief, man! Players, parents and potential players DO read some of this stuff. SMH.....

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

This is the new reality. If you don't have a good season(s), or don't play, everyone is simply going to leave. Until you can shore up the offense line, you need a mobile QB. I think we also have to slow down the offensive pace. I really think if they did both (if they still have some players) we could see some immediate improvement.

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

This is the new reality. If you don't have a good season(s), or don't play, everyone is simply going to leave. Until you can shore up the offense line, you need a mobile QB. I think we also have slow down the offensive pace. I really think if they did both (if they still have some players) we could see some immediate improvement.

Spot on. We're not as far away as people think, and the transfer portal will cause big swings in roster makeup.

Blindly sticking with CB and the hurry up offense for so long exhausted our defense, and probably cost us a bowl. Whoever made those calls needs to be held accountable. It will be telling who we add through the portal at qb.

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

IMHO....It's posters like this who simply make it hard for anyone to want to come to IU and play football. I know we are struggling, but good grief, man! Players, parents and potential players DO read some of this stuff. SMH.....

You might be right but the facts don't lie! You think these players/families don't know what is going on and feel the same way?

Pretending and ignoring the facts and results does this program no good.

You would think that after 50 years if crap football someone somewhere would step in and do something drastic.

Stating the facts is much better pretending everything will be okay and we will work ourselves through the problem.

If the truth hurts, so be it!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

You might be right but the facts don't lie! You think these players/families don't know what is going on and feel the same way?

Pretending and ignoring the facts and results does this program no good.

You would think that after 50 years if crap football someone somewhere would step in and do something drastic.

Stating the facts is much better pretending everything will be okay and we will work ourselves through the problem.

If the truth hurts, so be it!

The only thing I will say, is this program is in desperate need of upgrades in many areas from staff to players….. This must be something Dolson is aware of and has his finger on moving forward…….

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You mean like Michael Penix?

Or, maybe we just need a new coaching staff.

They stuck with Bazelak way too long. It was obvious he was not accurate or mobile (at all). Playing someone who was one (Tuttle) or the other (Williams) much earlier and they most likely beat Maryland and Rutgers, then you're talking about a 6-6 season. I am not saying the coaching staff doesn't need to be replaced, it's those guys (CTA, Bell) who made these decisions. It cost them two games, it will cost them players, and it should cost them their jobs. They had enough talent to win at least those two games. That being said I don't think Penix would have lasted the season (again) at IU. He's no longer a real running threat and most likely would have been blown up at some point, same as Tuttle.

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

They stuck with Bazelak way too long. It was obvious he was not accurate or mobile (at all). Playing someone who was one (Tuttle) or the other (Williams) much earlier and they most likely beat Maryland and Rutgers, then you're talking about a 6-6 season. I am not saying the coaching staff doesn't need to be replaced, it's those guys (CTA, Bell) who made these decisions. It cost them two games, it will cost them players, and it should cost them their jobs. They had enough talent to win at least those two games. That being said I don't think Penix would have lasted the season (again) at IU. He's no longer a real running threat and most likely would have been blown up at some point, same as Tuttle.

I agree that Penix would not have lasted under this staff.  My point is we had a special talent at QB and the coaching staff we had at the same time wasted it.  

With Penix and a better coaching staff we could have been looking at a 9-3 season.  

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

That our coaches actually thought they were good enough to he on the roster in the first place. Doesn't look good that our top 2 on the depth chart is transferring and it isn't really a big deal

Do you think there was a list of better QBs who wanted to transfer to IU, but the coaches said no? IU has to take who it can get. 

• Like 1