Transfer Portal

DC2345

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

We're coming up on a decade now of playing in this division. Has it made our program stronger? The latest NFL draft and our upcoming recruiting class rankings beg to differ. 

We have pulled in some of the highest ranked recruiting classes we ever have. With the portal we have been pulling in kids from much better programs. A lot of that is because we had a couple very successful seasons including running our ranking which is because we beat Michigan and Penn St and Michigan St. the lack of success is because of our failures of having good coaches and not having the program supported financially by the University. Our issues aren’t like other programs…many others have good coaching and some have University support but will never get to the top of college football because they lack the opportunity…opportunity to play in a power conference and opportunities to play top programs and earn respect and compete with the best. Imagine being UCF several years ago and not having a shot not because you didn’t build a great team and program but because you couldn’t face the Michigans, Penn St, and OSU. We have that opportunity…not because we have earned it but simply because of being born into the one of the best divisions in football. We shouldn’t take that for granted and if we ever get our performance on the field right…we will immediately have the opportunity to make the college playoffs because we will face opponents that will earn us the respect and catapult us in the rankings. Like I said…let’s beat the lesser teams and then we can worry about the best teams….I’m pretty sure we win our other games and pull off the occasional upset we will see this program skyrocket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Hmm. Written by a IU alum…hard to argue with him…but that said I don’t understand the point of the article. Why would Ohio St fans care about a trip to Bloomington…there are far worse road trips and tickets are assured along with most likely a victory…this guy must just like kicking dogs…not much a challenge for an Ohio St fan to run down the worst power 5 program in college football history.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Hmm. Written by a IU alum…hard to argue with him…but that said I don’t understand the point of the article. Why would Ohio St fans care about a trip to Bloomington…there are far worse road trips and tickets are assured along with most likely a victory…this guy must just like kicking dogs…not much a challenge for an Ohio St fan to run down the worst power 5 program in college football history.

"I mean.. look, see... Indiana had no players drafted, they suck, I'm smart!"

it must be incredibly hard to coach at OSU 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Re reading this, thinking about it... 

This "writer" is a product of today's society, undoubtedly. You don't talk about someone else's child like that.... dude needs punched. 

Here you go! I want Iron Mike to land one of these on that dude!.....lol 😵

Mike Tyson Punch GIFs | Tenor

Man, I love watching him fight!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/5/2023 at 11:25 AM, btownqb said:

Re reading this, thinking about it... 

This "writer" is a product of today's society, undoubtedly. You don't talk about someone else's child like that.... dude needs punched. 

Thing is he is an IU grad…so technically it’s his kid. It’s like he is bitter IU continues to suck at football and he has to prove himself with all his homies back in Ohio by dissing his alma mater.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone remember Kiyaunta Goodwin? 5 star lineman. Started at UK and transferred to Florida I believe. Guess his Mom has cancer and he's applying for a hardship waiver to play closer to home near Louisville. Sure hope we've reached out.

I assume he will literally play at Louisville right? Otherwise I don't really get it. I know IU is less than two hours away, but that seems like a hassle if there is an option to play in Louisville. Both IU and Louisville were in his top 13. But it would be a good get and they have to be reaching out. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

IU picks up OL transfer Drew Evans from Wisconsin

2 star recruit from the high school, Ft. Atkinson, WI where I last taught.

Did not play last year, and was considered a walk-on for the Badgers.

Joining IU this late in the preseason, with camp already open, can't imagine he's gonna play much, if any this year.

Wonder if this is a statement as to how iffy our O-line is looking, that the ex-Badger coach had to bring in a guy like this into the program to compete.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

2 star recruit from the high school, Ft. Atkinson, WI where I last taught.

Did not play last year, and was considered a walk-on for the Badgers.

Joining IU this late in the preseason, with camp already open, can't imagine he's gonna play much, if any this year.

Wonder if this is a statement as to how iffy our O-line is looking, that the ex-Badger coach had to bring in a guy like this into the program to compete.

I read that it was for depth. Plus i dont think he would have brought in someone that didnt have any potential.