Transfer Portal

DC2345

26 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think this shows how poorly some of these recruiting services rank guys. Jamar Johnson, Micah McFadden.. go check their HS rankings. Day 1 studs at Indiana. Feeney, Spriggs.. same thing. Tevin Coleman. Kofi Hughes. 

Tracy Porter, Kellen Lewis, DeMarlo Belcher were all unrated prospects and did really well too.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yes, and I thought that the whole time... but I'm not going to ridicule the kid on a public forum. 

One, who's mom I've spoken to multiple times, and one who's brother is one of the best Hoosiers in recent memory. I never understood Trevell's ranking. 

How is it ridiculing the kid?  It ain't his fault he is given stars.

18 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I didnt think he was Big Ten good at any point in his HS career. 

Lindeur @Hoosierfan1901 how do you spell it? 

Was miles better than Brady, imo. 

Michael Lindauer is currently at SIU, but it seems like his career is unfortunately winding down. He hasn’t really seen any action at all, and a right shoulder injury didn’t help either. From what I heard, he wanted to go to IU, but CTA never offered him, but apparently it was reported that CTA regretted that decision. His cousin, Branson Combs, is getting a lot attention from scouts and heard some rumors teams have been trying to poach him.

But don’t worry….there is another Combs and he is growing very fast, heard is a mix between his brother, but that’s another story for another day.

Edited by Hoosierfan1901

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Heard he was 3rd on the depth chart behind a transfer and a true freshman. 

I sincerely doubt Browne has had enough meaningful reps in front of the staff to even make the depth chart, much less pass Allen. Purdue fans always have a creative way to spin negative news. You guys better go get someone in the portal. Otherwise an injury to Card is the end of your season. 

11 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

I sincerely doubt Browne has had enough meaningful reps in front of the staff to even make the depth chart, much less pass Allen. Purdue fans always have a creative way to spin negative news. You guys better go get someone in the portal. Otherwise an injury to Card is the end of your season. 

Why’s that so hard to believe? He’s a better fit for Harrell’s offense (ability to use his legs) than Allen is. Allen came back after entering the portal once and either 1 of 2 things happened: 

1. He saw that his playing time/path moving forward wasn’t what he wanted

2. He was given “the talk” by the new staff that he might not be a great fit for their offense so he left. 

I agree about getting someone else in the portal but Card is going to be a stud. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

19 from CO in the portal!

I think Deion will succeed there (and leave within 2-3 years?). I am not a fan of pushing kids out but when you're getting paid to win (and that's all it's about anymore) you have to turnover a roster that only won 1? game. That being said, a really good coach would at least try to keep some depth pieces. This whole saga will be interesting to watch. I think he'll succeed, but like I mention burn a lot of bridges in the meantime. He'll be gone as soon as he gets to 6+ wins/bowl game. 

40 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Why’s that so hard to believe? He’s a better fit for Harrell’s offense (ability to use his legs) than Allen is. Allen came back after entering the portal once and either 1 of 2 things happened: 

1. He saw that his playing time/path moving forward wasn’t what he wanted

2. He was given “the talk” by the new staff that he might not be a great fit for their offense so he left. 

I agree about getting someone else in the portal but Card is going to be a stud. 

He’s been on campus 3 months. What are you basing this off of? Zero chance that kid is QB2 ready. He wasn’t even that good in high school. Also, Card doesn’t run so you better hope the system doesn’t require a duel threat QB…which it doesn’t. JT Daniels rushed for -51 yards last year at WVU. Prior to that his QB for three years at USC, Kedon Slovis averaged 30 carries for negative -50 yards per season. You’re grasping for straws that don’t exist 

1 hour ago, Hoosier82 said:

He’s been on campus 3 months. What are you basing this off of? Zero chance that kid is QB2 ready. He wasn’t even that good in high school. Also, Card doesn’t run so you better hope the system doesn’t require a duel threat QB…which it doesn’t. JT Daniels rushed for -51 yards last year at WVU. Prior to that his QB for three years at USC, Kedon Slovis averaged 30 carries for negative -50 yards per season. You’re grasping for straws that don’t exist 

Basing it on multiple reports from staff who have seen practices. He took a prep year and has impressed so far. When you say Card doesn’t run, what’s that based on? He has dual threat ability. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Basing it on multiple reports from staff who have seen practices. He took a prep year and has impressed so far. When you say Card doesn’t run, what’s that based on? He has dual threat ability. 

His stats in 3 years at Texas. Averaging less than 1.5 yards per carry and one TD in almost 50 rushing attempts. Peyton Ramsey had duel threat ability. This guy isn’t that and likely has no intention to be.
Which is great for Harrell who wasn’t a duel threat QB at Tech, has never coached duel threat QBs at any level and is a disciple of Mike Leach’s Air Raid offense. This is the precise system he deployed at North Texas and USC and will be the system he will implement at Purdue, assuming Brohm gives him total control over the offense.
You’re once again out over your skis, Boiler…walk it on back.