IUFLA

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Matchups...

TJD-Omoruyi

Race-Mag

Kopp-Hyatt

JHS-Spencer

XJ-McConnell

TJD-Omoruyi: a huge Asian real estate company.

Race-Mag: expensive but worth it Nascar tires.

Kopp-Hyatt:  Great hotel with 90 upscale locations.

JHS-Spencer:  British investment company dating back to 1890.

XJ-McConnell:  USA's best test pilot.

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Yes. Just beat their asses and do so without a hint of celebration. No emotion in the handshake line. Meh answers in the postgame interviews.

Just treat the whole experience like it’s taking the trash out to the curb.

Yeah, I'm not opposed to a little emotion to fire up the crowd once in awhile, but unless you're Larry Bird, skip the trash talk.  Unless you want to look like a punk, skip the gestures and staredowns at your opponents and their fans.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, I'm not opposed to a little emotion to fire up the crowd once in awhile, but unless you're Larry Bird, skip the trash talk.  Unless you want to look like a punk, skip the gestures and staredowns at your opponents and their fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H98fG9WySNc

I'm in. 

This video is NOT safe for work, fellas, but it's a damn good one. Not our teams' fault Rutgers is the next team on the schedule. They are in the way, though. 

45 minutes ago, rico said:

I have worked in Jersey a few times.  Trust me, it is way worse out there

From the movie Long Kiss Goodnight.

“- Samantha Caine (Charly): Easy, sport. I got myself outta Beirut once, I think I can get outta New Jersey.
- Mitch Henessey: Yeah? Well, don't be so sure. Others have tried and failed.
  • Haha 2

We drove down here to Maryland early this morning. I gave the evil eye to Exit 9 on the New Jersey turnpike as we passed.

We had our cat in her carrier in the back seat with my wife and it took a dump in it’s carrier. She’s an older cat and gets super stressed out traveling. I tried to convince my wife to throw the bag of cat sh*t at the Rutgers University sign if I slowed down enough, but she told me the evil eye was probably enough. I’m not convinced, but we shall see Sat afternoon.

I hate Rutgers and only am in New Jersey to drive through it. Armpit of America is pretty accurate, since Staten Island is clearly the a**hole of America. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think we might see some zone by Rutgers today. They played some zone against Miami and they played a lot of zone versus IU in Assembly Hall last year in the 2nd half... 

Hopefully the confident shooting of Miller, Tamar, and Jalen continues... 

We need to run, run, run.  Push the ball up the floor.  Don't even let them set up the zone.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think we might see some zone by Rutgers today. They played some zone against Miami and they played a lot of zone versus IU in Assembly Hall last year in the 2nd half... 

Hopefully the confident shooting of Miller, Tamar, and Jalen continues... 

I think that in terms of half court offense we have been best v. the zone.  We seem to move the ball better, and we flash a guy to the center of the zone and hit him which is a big threat to breakdown a zone.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, slojoe said:

I think that in terms of half court offense we have been best v. the zone.  We seem to move the ball better, and we flash a guy to the center of the zone and hit him which is a big threat to breakdown a zone.

I do think we're good against the zone, but the one advantage they have playing it is Cliff Omouryi. He's probably the best rim protector in the Big Ten not named Trayce... 

I'm sure Coach Woodson has us prepared... 

• Like 1

Game Day Essentials from our friend, @The Daily Hoosier

Doesn't say who the refs will be (not sure that info is released prior to the game anyway) But Gaudin, Hummel, and Katz on the call...

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

One other thing. I better not see Scirotto, Szelc or Green for a few games...or Coach might be picking up a T today.

Throw Karstensen in there too...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1