Rutgers Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

33 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Thanks for the comment, Geo. We’ll be sure to take it to heart. Great that X is taking notice to this. More fuel for the fire. 

8D58B66E-A0F5-480C-9C31-B3CC93BE3F2B.jpeg

I laughed cause of Xs response of thinking its cute. Easy to say when you aren't playing with Rutgers anymore. Honestly in the Big you hold serve at home and win 5 to 7 games on the road. That is what gets you in Big 10 championship contention. So this is a huge game that will set the tone going forward. I feel IU plays to its strengths and they adapt within their own strengths to what the other team has to offer up as a counterpunch. While our 3 point% isn't the best I think we can still operate efficent enough to keep teams honest. I feel this game is going to get chippy and honestly become very ugly quickly. There is no love lost between these two teams. Also with the type of bully ball both teams play it will become very physical. I love the attitude that X JHS and Galloway are bringing to this team. They don't seem to be too flappable either. Hopefully our team comes out and absolutely throttles them and runs up the score. It'll be good practice for our younger guys down the bench to get some experience playing against a stifling defense if that happens. Honestly I am just excited to see this team gel together and get back to winning ways. Woody has set a winning culture it seems like. I also love the post game interviews. Already on to the next game and one game at a time. That is it. Love it. 

• Like 4

I hate Rutgers.  I hate that we have let them get the better of us far too much.  I hate their punk @$$ players, I hate their crappy state, I want a double digit, no doubt we are better win over that program.

(I have more to say but it would break the rules of the forum)

Edited by IUCrazy2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

52 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

XJ has that junkyard dog mentality. Last guy you want to jaw with. 

And this from The Athletic's power rankings:

Everywhere else, this team Mike Woodson has built looked really good. Trayce Jackson-Davis remains Trayce Jackson-Davis (which is to say: whew), but around him he now has more elite talent — Jalen Hood-Schifino had his coming out party, and revealed some dog that will serve him well in the Big Ten wars to come — and more cohesive, developed returners (Trey Galloway, who was great; Tamar Bates; Jordan Geronimo; Miller Kopp) excelling in assigned roles. Race Thompson is still there to guard and rebound; Xavier Johnson looks like down-the-stretch-last-season Xavier Johnson is just … who he is now.

• Like 5

Aside from Turdue and Illinois,  Rutgers is probably the team I'd like to pound into the ground the most, mostly to show them they don't belong so they stop their yapping and stupid antics.

...and I want IU's players to be classier than Ron Harper and Geo Baker.  Let the beat down do the talking.

• Like 4

JHS is looking like he will the player that does what is needed to win. Solid D, run the O, score when needed but generally defer to others. Because of our talent, I don't see many games where he gets 20+ and gets noticed by others for a standout performance like may be the case for some other freshman.  

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Aside from Turdue and Illinois,  Rutgers is probably the team I'd like to pound into the ground the most, mostly to show them they don't belong so they stop their yapping and stupid antics.

...and I want IU's players to be classier than Ron Harper and Geo Baker.  Let the beat down do the talking.

Yes. Just beat their asses and do so without a hint of celebration. No emotion in the handshake line. Meh answers in the postgame interviews.

Just treat the whole experience like it’s taking the trash out to the curb.

• Like 6

On 12/1/2022 at 10:59 AM, 13th&Jackson said:

Rutgers plays bully ball, but this IU team is playing bully ball with more talent. Previous IU teams wanted nothing to do with the way Rutgers plays. I expect this to be an alley fight. XJ, JHS and TG are setting the tone for this team and they don’t take 💩from anyone. 

I hope each team don't come out snapping fingers while making their way to the 10 sec line...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

And this from The Athletic's power rankings:

Everywhere else, this team Mike Woodson has built looked really good. Trayce Jackson-Davis remains Trayce Jackson-Davis (which is to say: whew), but around him he now has more elite talent — Jalen Hood-Schifino had his coming out party, and revealed some dog that will serve him well in the Big Ten wars to come — and more cohesive, developed returners (Trey Galloway, who was great; Tamar Bates; Jordan Geronimo; Miller Kopp) excelling in assigned roles. Race Thompson is still there to guard and rebound; Xavier Johnson looks like down-the-stretch-last-season Xavier Johnson is just … who he is now.

Where did they have us ranked?  

Matchups...

TJD-Omoruyi

Race-Mag

Kopp-Hyatt

JHS-Spencer

XJ-McConnell

The guard pairings I'm not sure about...Pikiell had to see how Leaky Black (who's about the same size as McConnell) affected JHS's shot selection when he was on him rather than Caleb Love. But I think XJ would eat Spencer alive...Be interesting...

Every Rutgers starter played at least 32 minutes vs Miami...The 4 players who came off the bench for Rutgers played an aggregate 28 minutes...I think our depth will wear them down...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1