IU vs AZ MVP?

Reacher

IU vs AZ MVP  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MVP?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/13/2022 at 04:00 AM

56 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is a loss so no one

I can see a scenario where Trayce has a 50/20/10 triple-double against Kansas, but IU loses when Grady Dick hits a full court shot at the buzzer while one of the refs calls a flop on Galloway for collapsing in anguish when the shot goes in.  The 4-point play gives Kansas a 1-point win.

And, your position is still going to be.....We Lost.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, 5fouls said:

I can see a scenario where Trayce has a 50/20/10 triple-double against Kansas, but IU loses when Grady Dick hits a full court shot at the buzzer while one of the refs calls a flop on Galloway for collapsing in anguish when the shot goes in.  The 4-point play gives Kansas a 1-point win.

Yep, it is most valuable and not who had the best game. We can lose with or without you. To me when you say valuable I think the person who helped the most in a win.

51 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Good point about X.  He really settled down after the first ten minutes.  He’s hopefully back on track. 

I never really thought he looked bad period in this game, he just picked up a couple unfortunate fouls. The charge was a really good job by Zona to anticipate (and impressive to be quick enough to get there) and then the second foul their feet just got tangled. Both are fouls, but hard to really say X did anything bad on either play. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Yep, it is most valuable and not who had the best game. We can lose with or without you. To me when you say valuable I think the person who helped the most in a win.

It's semantics.  We should probably call it player of the game.  Has MVP ever been awarded to a player on the losing team in any sport in one game?  I don't vote when we lose but I may chime in and give props to an individual for breaking out of a funk like Race and Bates for taking 2 steps forward, or Gallowayfor being steady while JHS is out.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Actually Kansas will begin the game at the free throw line after an IU cheerleader does a backflip in warmups

• Like 2

This is a tough choice. With Race, it's not too ofter where a player simultaneously kept us in the game (with his 3's) and killed us on defense. It's not that he wasn't playing hard, but those AZ guys were just bigger, stronger and faster. They scored over him. When he got help, they passed it out for a 3. That's why I gotta go with Bates. 

• Like 1